Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-08-2010, 18:25

Default weather/what's open in October?

Hello, I am a new poster to the forum although I have been reading for several years. We usually visit Puerto Pollensa in September but this year for various reasons it will be in October. Never having been at this time of year before I am wondering if restaurants etc will still be open or if the season will have finished? Also wondering what sort of weather to expect? Not too bothered about lots of sunshine but equally don't want lots of rain! As a rough idea, we usually eat at places such as Coral, Guru, Little Italy, Stay, Tex-Mex etc, then finish off the evening with drinks at the Miramar watching the world go by....are these places likely to be still open? thanks in anticipation
Sponsored Links
Old 31-08-2010, 19:50
Super Moderator

Hello annie welcome to the forum, the season doesn't officially finish until the end of October however last year some places closed early but there are still plenty of places that open through the winter. The weather can be changeable but i always went home with a tan when i came out for the first two weeks.
Old 31-08-2010, 20:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
The weather can be changeable but i always went home with a tan when i came out for the first two weeks.
Sparky,

Well perhaps you'd better be Miss October then ??? .

Been here a week and haven't clapped eyes on you yet !!!!

Trust you are OK ??

BonysLad
Old 31-08-2010, 20:33

We have been out quite a few times in October (usually 2nd week) and most times weather has been good. Last year was a bit disappointing for a few days. We are over again this year 9th - 16th so here's hoping the weather is good again....fingers crossed Never had any problems with restaurants being closed (although some of them are, or are empty some evenings) In saying that we ate in Tribeca in July and there was not another soul in the place until just before we left!!!! not surpised, but that's another story!!
Old 31-08-2010, 22:41

Ah - Tribeca rumbles on!

annieh - it may be stating the obvious but just eat at the busy places and if your stomach can cope eat later to get the local atmosphere. The good will be open all year.

As to the weather at that time....who knows, but probably on the whole - fair
Old 31-08-2010, 23:25
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonysLad View Post
Sparky,

Well perhaps you'd better be Miss October then ??? .

Been here a week and haven't clapped eyes on you yet !!!!

Trust you are OK ??

BonysLad
BL i have been afraid to leave my gaff cos you said you were going au naturale and i was not sure i could control myself should i bump into you . However now it has cooled down a bit i assume you are suitably covered so will cross paths soon i am sure .
Old 01-09-2010, 14:04

thank you for your replies and welcome, it will be the last 2 weeks in October for us but it sounds as tho things will be pretty much the same so that's good news...it will be our first visit minus our teenage daughters so we can eat whenever and wherever we like with no one else to consider, which will be a nice change!!
Have already compiled a list of places we've never tried before, from other people's recommendations on here so am looking forward to that. Speaking of 'new' places, last year when we were there, there was a new Italian due to open near the Daina, on the opposite corner if I remember rightly..does anyone know if it did open and what it's like? Don't know what it's called as the sign hadn't gone up when we left.
Old 01-09-2010, 17:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
BL i have been afraid to leave my gaff cos you said you were going au naturale and i was not sure i could control myself should i bump into you . However now it has cooled down a bit i assume you are suitably covered so will cross paths soon i am sure
LOL, Sparky

I am indeed , look forward to it .

Bumped into Smiddy this morning , who greeted me with the customary Scotch Kiss

and just had a text from Snowy who has arrived in Calaparras ready for the bull run tomorrow . Apparently the training has gone well and he can down a pint in under 5 seconds now !!!!

BonysLad
Old 02-09-2010, 06:57
Banned

Hi "annieh"

It's called "El Casinet" and is very nice from my experience. Been in there a few times now and had their pizza's. Very modern, smart and new.

My only observation is the speed at which the two older waiters "bomb" about......bit disconcerting for me. Maybe towards the end of the season they'll slow down?!

Excellent eating addition to PP though.

Nick
Old 02-09-2010, 12:04

ah, thanks very much Nick, my husband is a bit of a pizza aficionado which is why we usually go to Little Italy at least 4 times in a 2w stay, as he considers theirs the best! everything else is pretty good there too as well. hopefully El Casinet will still be open when we get there, another one for my list
Old 02-09-2010, 14:19

Hi Annie and welcome

A place I would recommend is Hells Kitchen. They are open all year and when you come in October they will be doing their fab Sunday Roast - can´t be beaten if the weather is a bit on the chilly side and you can then have a wander down the pine walk to have a couple of drinks and watch teh world go by.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieh View Post
ah, thanks very much Nick, my husband is a bit of a pizza aficionado which is why we usually go to Little Italy at least 4 times in a 2w stay, as he considers theirs the best! everything else is pretty good there too as well. hopefully El Casinet will still be open when we get there, another one for my list
Pizza's also very good in Tolo's.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:09

Manduca do really good pizzas and a very good choice with many different ones you do not find elsewhere

Just thought - they may not be open when you are there

Last edited by Gommar Goffer; 03-09-2010 at 11:13. Reason: post script
Old 03-09-2010, 12:54

thanks everyone for your suggestions, Hells Kitchen is on my hit list after reading some very favourable reviews on here, never tried Tolo's or Manduca either but will look out for them. If they aren't open in October then will have to try next year instead! really looking forward to getting there, reading the posts on here just makes me so keen to get back, it really is a lovely feeling being in PP as is often said.