Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-08-2010, 10:03

Default Lemon Bar - too much

Just back from a fab time in PP. I had read on this Forum how the Orange Lounge had become the Lemon Bar with a little interest, as we often used to head to the Orange Lounge after dinner for a relaxing drink " by the sea". A very chilled out place - a bit pricey, but very laid back and beautiful at night

What on earth has happened with the new place? Blaring music that can be clearly heard from the Sis Pins, bad tribute acts and generally a ton of noise, thats what! How has this happened? PP is well known for having plenty of atmosphere, but all of it delivered in a low key, friendly way. I thought it was also well known for having no loud clubs etc. Not any more.

The Lemon Bar is clearly pushing for more / new business and I have no issue with that, but the style is totally out of keeping with the rest of PP and the noise dominates places like the Miramar, Iru, etc. Do they need permission for this? What do the other establishments think I wonder? OK I am no youngster but I am sure I am not alone with my views.

Last edited by Rich London; 16-08-2010 at 11:36.
Sponsored Links
Old 16-08-2010, 10:21
Super Moderator

Rich i know what you mean, on Saturday evening we walked through the square and could hear the music from the Lemon Bar as we passed El Mojito. I think they are trying to drown out the music from El Casinet, this is a problem whenever you have 2 places close to each other, both with outdoor live entertainment on the same night. A while ago the council passed a by-law which was supposed to reduce noise levels from bars but i guess until there is a complaint the police are turning a blind eye.
Old 16-08-2010, 17:52

I have to agree with you Rich London, about the noise from the Lemon Bar. We popped in there a couple of times in July and it was just too much. A pity really because it's such a beautiful setting and the staff are great.
As well as the noise, the tribute acts are rubbish. I saw Elvis one night. I'm still having nightmares!
Old 16-08-2010, 21:13

Oh, come on....Bar Imperial needs some competition!

Being serious, PP is generally a quality venue, so it's a shame that the owners of The Daina think the Lemon Bar a worthy successor to the previous Orange number.

Actually, having stayed at The Daina on a number of occasions, I preferred it when it was simply the pool and sunbed area reserved for guests, not a glorified nightspot.

Think I'm becoming Victor Melldrew.

Duncan
Old 16-08-2010, 21:23

Default lemon bar too right too much

strongly agree with previous posts, just back from 10 days staying just behind pescadore and most nights our 'peace and quiet' was ruined by the row coming from this place...am all for healthy competion but as the nights are 'still' the noise travels along and around...I hope to god that the noise levels will be turned down as it absolutely ruins the atmosphere of such a wonderful area....
Old 16-08-2010, 22:28

Yep volume generally far too loud, although we did note that wind direction has an input to this and yes the quality of the entertainment is not as it used to be. However there were at least two evenings when that damn sports bar opposite the taxi rank was drowning out both the Lemon and Imperial Bars. Who let that into the resort?!!

We're with Disorderly on this. The Daina was better years ago when the whole pool area was available for use of the hotel guests during the day and then reordered early evening for the night time entertainment. Obviously labour intensive though to do that.

The day time situation now is that the reduced number of sun loungers that are left are crammed into the reduced space available and there is very little shade as the huge sun awning is given over to the Lemon Bar at the top end and the natural shade from the trees is lost to the Lemon Restaurant at the bottom end. The family oriented daytime ambience of years ago when hotel guests used to interact and life long friendship were made has been lost. It just seems too 'posh' for a pool area by day and everyone keeps themselves to themselves.

I know times change and the Hotel has got to look to the future in attracting new clients, but I don't think they've got this right yet.

Andreas

Last edited by Andreas and Noisette; 16-08-2010 at 22:53.
Old 17-08-2010, 00:17

Can someone clarify the situation here - has Daina sub let to Lemon Bar or is it still under their umbrella so to speak? And I also thought that El casinet was owned by Daina - having bought it before it was redeveloped
Old 17-08-2010, 09:10
Super Moderator

GG as i understand it the Hotel Daina always owned the Lemon(Orange) Bar with the pool (an illegal build).
El Casinet, El Mojito, Makasaar and Jordi's supermarket are all under the same umbrella but have nothing to do with the hotel.
Old 17-08-2010, 09:27

Default Contact details Daina - e-mail manager

The Daina webpage has the e-mail address of the manager if you'd wanted to give your opinion about the noise levels in the Lemon Bar.
Hotel Daina, Puerto Pollensa

We used to enjoy sitting at the Daina for coffee / brandy / drinks after a dinner, but can't see ourselves doing it again if the area gets drowned in noise.
Old 17-08-2010, 10:44

Didn't pass the Lemon Bar at night so can't really comment on that but I pity anyone staying near to Pub Imperial. I know lots of people on the forum like it but I am sorry - I think it's awful.

We passed one evening (think Elvis was in the building that night) and I commented to one of the staff at Brisa Marina and asked how they put up with it - he just rolled his eyes. I think the spanish phrase is 'sin palabres', which translates roughly as no words were needed!

Another evening and karaoke was in full swing with someone on vocals who quite clearly shouldn't have been...

Still - each to their own.
Old 17-08-2010, 11:02

To be honest it has always been a problem here with this bar through the years, its the position of it facing the town, its not so bad when its music, but to hear Elvis at full volume everywhere you went is a problem I think!

On island time!!
Old 17-08-2010, 11:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dublin View Post
The Daina webpage has the e-mail address of the manager if you'd wanted to give your opinion about the noise levels in the Lemon Bar.
Hotel Daina, Puerto Pollensa

We used to enjoy sitting at the Daina for coffee / brandy / drinks after a dinner, but can't see ourselves doing it again if the area gets drowned in noise.
Many thanks Mike. I have emailed the Daina manager and complained
Old 17-08-2010, 12:50

Do please tell us if you get a reply.

Duncan
Old 17-08-2010, 18:14

Looks like the Lemon bar is leaving a sour taste ....................

Adios

Dave
Old 18-08-2010, 13:19

......but it pips a lot of places for poor taste!