Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2007, 06:56
tievenaghtanya

Default our meals out in november

I have been meaning to post for weeks now but we have had computer gremlins all sorted now .

TUE 30 OCT --- Can Ferrer
we were tired so a quick meal
What a lovely welcome on such a windy and wet evening.bread , olives,aioli
prawns in garlic,sea bream , salad ,chips , burger and chips for our son (who is going through a burger phase)
large beer,2 cola light,glass house red--very drinkable,
2carajillos and an ice cream
TOTAL 42.00 euro
staff , service and food were excellent as usual, a very relaxed and pleasurable evening.

WED ---Los Zarzales
bread rolls,pickles ,olives.aioli
I chose broad bean,sausage mint stew to start , hubby had bread with mallorquin cheese and son had melon with serrano ham.
they have a great kids menu (no burgers)
hubby and i had cod with red pepper and wild mushrooms potatoes and veg and Adam had prawns and some garlic bread.
we managed to squeeze in mama olas cheesecake ,almond cake and stawberries and ice cream.
bottle of red recommended by the waiter, litre of water,cola and large beer, 2 carijillos ,then 2 liquers on the house and a lolly for adam.
TOTAL----102.00 euros
This is an old favorite ,again the food was delicious and service excellent , attentive but not intrusive, and our 5 year old son has always been made very welcome.

Thur 01 Nov----
Some sunshine today so we had lunch in L' Olivera on seafront and watched the world go by. We had delicious
tortilla and salad times 2 and burger and chips for wee son.What a lovely chap the owner is and i hope he is successful.
Tolos for dinner.
After walking past previous evenings we decided to try here as it was buzzing for Nov, good decision !!
While reading the menu a lovely waiter brought us bruchette with tomato , onion and herbs,bread and aioli .
Hubby had ravioli stuffed with ricotta and spinach, I had a gorgeous pizza and wee son ate sausages( very good quality)
We all had home made chips and a bowl of salad.
then we had lemon pie times 3
3 cola light, large beer , glass red wine, litre house red (which was excellent), 2 carajillos and 2 more on the house.
TOTAL---69.00 euro
We were so delighted with our Tolos experience, it was busy and had a great atmosphere and the staff were wonderful, very child friendly.

FRI--Bar Cultural for croissants and their delicious coffee,so we did a bit for people watching and no finer place to do it.

We asked our son which restaurant he would like to go to for our last meal and he chose Tolos and again we had a faultless meal and another great evenings crack, and this time all 4 carajillos were on the house.

We thought O Lume looked lovely and the menu read very well but it didn`t open until 19.30 so it would have been just too late for Adam. Dissapointing but maybe next time.
Merry Christmas to you all.
Tanya
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2007, 18:48

Great review, Tanya!

It's so nice to read about PP on a miserable winter's day!

Thanks!
Jane
Old 08-12-2007, 20:08

Tanya I really enjoyed you review!

It was good to hear Tolos getting a mention .We too always have great food and service there. It's the closest restaurant to us so we're always popping in for a beer or a coffee and then can't resist one of their fantastic pizzas..IMO as good as Little Italy's.

And of course Los Z ...Wonderful! I need say no more !

Debs
Old 08-12-2007, 21:16
pinewalkstroll

Hi Tanya,

Many thanks for your very good review. It was a ray of sunshine on such a horrible day here in rainy, windy Bournemouth.