Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 05:42
irisheyes

Default fortnight eating planner

i am sitting on a freezing cold evening in work reading forum comments - past and present - and trying to picture myself on a beautiful sunny day in pp, roll on 30th june.
i want to plan my fortnight as well as possible regards "must eat in" places (i wonder if this has anything to do with my expanding waistline), and would welcome any help. i promise i will take my list with me this time! i know a couple of the places i will definately revisit and i also know o lumes has to be a must judging by the forum comments.
i am going with my wife and 2 girls (9+5),and whereas i am quite an adventurous eater my wife is the complete opposite (breast of chicken and potatoes of any description and lots of them being irish and all!). i would also appreciate any links being posted for directions.
ps we plan to visit alcudia on one of the days and any comments on places to eat there would be welcome also, together with any suggestions on places to take the kids.

looking forward to your comments
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2008, 05:43

Hi irisheyes

Firstly you should check out the restaurant reference thread, but in particular this post by robjay:

p221.ezboard.com/fpollensaforumfrm13.showMessage?topicID=435.topic

Another good thing to do is read as many posts as you can to get an idea of what restaurants would suit you. Bear in mind that restaurants change, close or open under new management.

Have a look at the Alcudia forum further down the main page and also check out the restaurant adverts to the left of the main page under the heading "Once You're There."

Jane
Old 11-01-2008, 22:12
irisheyes

many thanks for your comments jane. i read that post last year (very helpful) and composed my "places to eat in" list but i wasnt so helpful in leaving it behind!! had fun trying to remember them though or not as it turned out (much too much corona). it is a great compliment to pp that we have so much to choose from. i will be watching the forum closely to get new ideas and will post detailed comments on my return. roll on 30th june.

will be looking for the best suckling pig, best shoulder of lamb (although i think i found that one in torre playa), am very curious about the rabbit and havent a clue what fried milk is. i guess thats one of the reasons i will be trying o lumes apart from the obvious forum reports. i also havent found a restaurant who serves paella for one so i feel as if im missing out on something, have yet to try it.

regards

gary
Old 11-01-2008, 22:59
Founder

Re Paella for one, I'm sure we've had a request for this before. I'm pretty sure sure i've seen someone have one in Centric off the square & anywhere that is advertising it as part of their 'Menu del Dia' would serve it as they'll have loads. Ikebana always have it on their Sunday lunch menu.

Any other suggestions?
Old 12-01-2008, 00:38
patc

Default Paella for one

If you leave Mollies tea rooms walk towards the square past Tots, take the turn to the right towards sea there is a little place a lot of locals eat in & they serve paella for one. Sorry forgot the name.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:51
Founder

Default Re: Paella for one

I should think that may be Ca'n Ferrer?
Old 12-01-2008, 06:22

Hi Irish.
We enjoyed a lovely 3 course lunch in Alcudia on market day during our stay in PP during early November.
We dined in the courtyard at
larcadenpeter.com/larca_eng.htm

A lovely restaurant in the old town, 3 courses 8;50 euro.
Check out photos of our meal on flickr.
EzCode Parsing www.flickr.com/photos/651...N00/page3/

For Paella for one, take a stroll along pine walk and try the hotel Illa D'or, Moira thoroughly enjoyed the Paella for 1 there
(also a photo on flickr)

Regards
Carl
Old 12-01-2008, 19:51
irisheyes

hi carl

that place looks great, i will be definately trying it when i visit alcudia.

many thanks

gary