Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-08-2010, 07:48

Thumbs up Fletchers

Just back from a 12 day stay in pp, had a fantastic time even though we were on a strict budget. We were lucky enough to stumble upon Fletchers and can't praise this place highly enough. The bistro menu is fantastic value at 10 Euros for 2 courses or 3 courses for 12.5 Euros. We were amazed by the quality of the food, the presentation was superb and most importantly of all it tasted delicious. We were so impressed we ate there 3 times, taking my brother and his family with us on the third occasion, they too were very impressed. Cranacan cheesecake was to die for although my favourite was the caramel shortbread, my husband loved the tempura chicken and the trout. A big thank you to Kenny and Maureen, they both work really hard and deserve every success in the future.
Sponsored Links
Old 21-08-2010, 08:13

Hi JK

We're looking forward to trying Fletchers in October - there have been so many good reviews! And the chicken tempura sounds yummy
Old 21-08-2010, 10:33

Smile

Have been praising Fletchers since we tried it last year for lunches, but were even more impressed this year with their Bistro menu. I second the fact that it is exceptionally good value for money and everything we ate in it when we were out in July was excellent. Only problem now is that, as it's not a very big place, it will get very busy and we won't be able to get a table....not good
Kenny & Maureen deserve to succeed in Fletchers and I wish them well for the future.
Old 21-08-2010, 10:44

We wanted to try Fletchers for food after reading several positive reports when we were out in June but everytime we went they were closed, not sure what their opening times were or perhaps it was just a little early in the season.
Old 21-08-2010, 11:06

I know they were back in Scotland earlier in the year as they had a bereavement, but I'm not sure exactly when that was. Perhaps you were just unlucky but please don't let that put you off. Next time you're out try them again and you won't be disappointed
Old 21-08-2010, 11:37

This doesnt ring a bell ........ where is Fletchers??
Old 21-08-2010, 11:42

Dont start confusing things with venues for Girls night out!! LOL! Look here:

Fletchers Bar, Port Pollensa, Mallorca - home
Old 21-08-2010, 11:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk14 View Post
Just back from a 12 day stay in pp, had a fantastic time even though we were on a strict budget. We were lucky enough to stumble upon Fletchers and can't praise this place highly enough. The bistro menu is fantastic value at 10 Euros for 2 courses or 3 courses for 12.5 Euros. We were amazed by the quality of the food, the presentation was superb and most importantly of all it tasted delicious. We were so impressed we ate there 3 times, taking my brother and his family with us on the third occasion, they too were very impressed. Cranacan cheesecake was to die for although my favourite was the caramel shortbread, my husband loved the tempura chicken and the trout. A big thank you to Kenny and Maureen, they both work really hard and deserve every success in the future.
pleased you had a good holiday, sorry to miss you this year. We met you a couple of times in the nags head if you remember. x
Old 21-08-2010, 15:07

Thanks guys!!
Old 21-08-2010, 17:23

They were closed in April due to a bereavement - I have to say it was very hit an miss with opening times in July...we stay very near and it seemed to vary each day...not easy to plan for

Eating Out
Old 21-08-2010, 19:55

Hi Stocktonmackem, of course I remember meeting you, not often that you travel to another country, sit in a bar and meet to someone from the same town! Hope life is treating you well, please give Fletchers a try next time you are out, I am sure that they can accommodate the wheelchair! Take care
Old 28-08-2010, 16:32
Under Moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk14 View Post
Never mind lucky enough to stumble on it you must have special powers to have found it open 3 times in 12 days. I have been passed 4 days this week and its not been open once, at advertised opening times not siesta
Old 10-09-2010, 21:22
Under Moderation

just back from mallorca in pollensa eat several times at fletchers bar, food amazing, customers made very welcome, maureen, kenny from scotland looked after us well will certainly be back
Old 12-09-2010, 11:05

Glad to see that Fletchers is still open as too many reports of it being closed at random times. It would be a pity for Maureen & Kenny to fail because of their erratic opening times, as the food is excellent and great value for money. Looking forward to visiting when we are out in October. Hopefully we will not find it closed

Last edited by ragdollabbi; 12-09-2010 at 20:03. Reason: spelling
Old 27-09-2010, 12:10

Just got back from PP after third visit this year. Have known Maureen & Kenny for a few years when they worked at Tribeca & Hells Kitchen.

We always pop in for drinks and a chat over the week, but tried the food for once. We had Tempura Chicken, Prawns & Garlic & Chilli for starters followed by Steak and Chicken with Bacon. Kids had various burgers, omelettes, spag bol etc. Desserts were Kennys homemade caramal shortbread served warm with cream - delicious.

Please give this place a try, food is excellent and very good value, and very well cooked and presented.

BTW I spoke with Maureen regarding the opening times, and she tells me they have had a few problems with family bereavements, power cuts, etc., but have managed to stick to the opening times on the doors most of the time. Please bear in that there is only two of them working here and they do not have any other staff.

Maureen & Kenny work very hard, are excellent hosts, and we wish them every success.