Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2007, 20:34
darrineb

Default "Real" Bars in PP

Noticed while we were in PP that most places are bar/cafe/restaurant mixes which wasn't a problem before anyone shouts at me!! We did try to find some "real" bars (ie more focused on drinks than food) and what we found were Trotters, The Nags Head, O'Haras, Mulligans (first place we went in through the day when we arrived - and most expensive - how come we always do that!!), Fletchers, Bar R, Olivier's (or was it Oliver's) Bar and ermm, that's it I think!! Just wondered if there were any other ones we missed out?? Think its quite funny that 2 bars in one resort can be Only Fools & Horses themed!!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2007, 20:35

Unless it's changed since last year, the Bar Cultural in PP square is what I would call a "proper" bar, with lots of locals inside playing cards and watching the bullfights on the television.

My husband has a thing about authentic bars and I often leave him in one while I go off and do some shopping. He sits at the bar and is quite happy mingling with the locals! He's even been mistaken for a Spaniard!

Jane
Old 12-08-2007, 23:33

We have been known to visit the Bar Cultural too Jane - a nice spot on the corner but you have to watch out as the measures are lethal!! :eek
Old 13-08-2007, 23:34
mat55

The bar cultural is a real bar.we arrived in pp after midnight and went to the bar cultural about 1 am. it was still busy with plenty of atmosphere!
Old 14-08-2007, 15:43

We visit Bar Cultural a lot and love the atmosphere. Anyone know of any other 'real' bars in PP that they have dared venture into? I'd love to try them all!
Old 14-08-2007, 19:45

What about Pozo's?

Although they do serve food - they seem to mainly serve drinks.

Nothing nicer than sitting outside in the evening and people watching. Realised I had gone in too much this year when a local said 'Bon Dia' to me when I was in the port one morning!!
Old 15-08-2007, 02:28

Yes, I forgot about El Pozo! I've enjoyed a few minutes sitting on one of their computers while hubby enjoyed a beer sitting at the bar.

Definitely what I would call a "real" bar.

Jane
Old 18-08-2007, 00:39
mat55

sat outside el pozo and waited 15 mts with no sign of being served so went inside to find staff buying lottery tickets from travelling lottery man! But then who is in a rush on holidays.
Old 13-01-2008, 08:27
robjay

For some real bars head back a street or two from the square. Lunch time will show you were the locals rate.
And unlike a certain place we have all rated highly on here. you wont get ripped off with menu dia! IE 1 bottle of house red between 4 people and coffee charged as extra when offered it as an alternative to dessert!

If you want it "real" Bar Cultural and the many small back street unheard of places is where to head.

Robjay
Old 12-02-2008, 21:56

Have to say Bar Imperial is good night out for a laugh - the family are so nice and friendly. Every time we go back they treat us like old friends - okay decor could be better (I even work for wallcovering company???). But at the end of the day if you enjoy it then its worth it. Mind you how long will it be there with the place next door knocked down?

Tony makes the evening with his dancing etc - used to be a flamenco dancer?

Each to ones own as the saying goes?

Sandradee
Old 10-04-2008, 15:26

Default great bar

There is another bar in the port called caramba cafe with a great atmosphere, it's a family run bar with all the sporting events on a large screen, also on a saturday there's bingo nights where you can win upto 300 euros, nearly pay for your holiday if you win it.

dart board, gambling machine, john smiths, guiness the lot

if you need the internet there's 2 computers with a great internet connection.

it's a great bar with great people and everyone should try it, it's just off the main street by eroski supermarket
Old 10-04-2008, 20:48

Gosh...there seems to be a lot of Cafe Caramba fans on this forum just lately!!!

Jane
Old 11-04-2008, 08:57

As an advert it aint doing it for me I am afraid - Sports, darts, English Beer - bingo for cryin' out loud!

Not what I am looking for on my holiday. Why go to Mallorca if that is what you want? Just pop down the local - it saves ús on the flights.

Lala
Old 11-04-2008, 10:04
Super Moderator

Wink Caramba

LaLa, i agree with you 100% we can get all that in the Uk .But each to their own, and isn't it a good thing that PP offers such a wide choice to all holiday makers and ex pats.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:30

Yep Sparks of course you are right my darlink. Was just offering an honest anti-dote to what seems supisciously like free advertising!

Just my opinion after all - but if people who want English Bars with Bingo stick to going there then it frees up all the nice mallorquin places for me - so who is complaining? LOL!

Tounge is firmly in cheek!
Closed Thread