Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 18:29

Default Two Weeks In June

We were in PP for 2 weeks in June so have been back for a few weeks now but am eventually getting around to a trip report. Sorry for the delay !

This year as we had our 18 month old with us we did a lunch one day and dinner the next. We tried a couple of new places and saw lots of others we would have given a try but as usual we ran out of time !

Llenaire –Throughout our couple of weeks had quite a few meals from here. Really like their Paella, vegetable one and meat. Normally have their chicken croquettes as starter but this year they have blue cheese croquettes and these were to die for. One night tried their set menu which was Taste of the Mountain or Taste of the Sea both of which come with a glass of cava. I had a mix of both menus so had serano ham to start and then grilled fillet of salmon., my husband had caprese salad and then meat paella. Think we got ice cream after as well for €13.50 each. Little one had a grilled chicken breast and ice cream think it was €5.

C’an Torrens – had lunch here one day, both had set menu at €10.50 each.

Starters: Pate & Toast, Pasta dish (can’t remember what)
Mains: Both had beefsteak came with vegetables and chips
Served with water, a bottle of rose wine and coffee, also given bread and garlic mayo.

Great value and definitely one we would return to. Had a childrens menu so little one had chicken and we asked for pepper sauce for him and no chips which was no problem at all.

Nicos – We did not think this had been as good last year but decided to give a a go. Glad we did as was back to its usual good standard. Just a quick bite tonight so we had a burger each. Mine was a Philadelphia Philis. Little one had fish.

C’an Josep – Went here twice, first time we had mixed paella between us which was nice, lots of it. Second time had the set menu. I had the beef stroganoff cannot remember what else. The guitarist was playing and thought he was fabulous. I really like this restaurant, lovely staff and good service. Had many breakfast here too, great way to watch the day start and great value.

La Llonja – Ate a couple of snack lunches in La Cantina during day. It’s always nice and cool under the cloisters. Ate in main restaurant one night. Again had set menu. Gazpacho to start, beef stroganoff as main. Have to say the beef was beautiful, very tender. Desert was a lemon mousse type thing. Included water, wine and coffee plus a free liquor on the house for €27 each. This was my favourite meal in the Port this holiday. Ordered grilled chicken for little one and asked for it when we got our starters which was no problem.

La Maina – did not mean to go here but halfway along realised if kept going into Port would have been too late for baby to eat.

Again had set menu and both had the same.Carbonara to start, then chicken in pepper sauce. Waiter said came with a glass of wine which we got then he appeared with a jug with more wine so not sure what you normally get ! Think it was €12.50 each which was good value – one thing I would say is the starter portion was huge ! Think I managed a quarter of it.

Clivia (Old Town) – baby being looked after tonight and Clivia is one our our favourites so of we went.

Starters: Duck Pate for me, Asparagus for husband - also some pimientos de pardon to share as we realised had not yet had any. No eye wateringly hot ones !

Mains: I had the special of the day which was slow roasted leg of lamb. This is not something I would normally go for (not a fan of meat on a bone) so glad I did though as it is probably the best lamb I have ever tasted. Think my husband had a steak.

Desert: Sorbet

Still my favourite restaurant in Pollensa area.

El Casinet – Went one lunchtime. I decided just to have a pizza – warning they are huge ! Then had some lemon meringue pie. The others ate off the set menu, 2 had fish and this was taken off the bone at the table for then. They said it was lovely. Again, would definitely return.

Overall, a lovely 2 weeks. Enjoyed everywhere we went to. I am going back on Friday for 9 days so will hopefully try some more new places.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2010, 22:35

They all sound delicious......how lucky are you to be going back......enjoy every minute.
Old 10-08-2010, 22:40

Glad you had a great time Star... with lots of great eating experiences! All sound yummy!! Enjoy your next trip.
Old 10-08-2010, 23:27
Super Moderator

Great report Star, thanks for posting and if you see me around when you come again, don't be shy, say hi!!!.

Last edited by Sparky; 11-08-2010 at 08:47. Reason: Typo
Old 11-08-2010, 06:55

Really enjoyed your food report Star - you certainly managed to get around! Where is La Maina please?
Old 11-08-2010, 08:43

Rosie,

La Maina is across the road from Tamarells beach bar.

Star. x