Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2010, 14:00

Talking Seven day trip report. August.

Been going to the port for many years but this year with the demise of Globespan things were a bit more complicated and I booked through half a dozen different agencies and thought other travellers might be interested in how I fared with them.We wanted to go to Deia for two nights and then on to PP for another five.First up was flights,we stay nearer Glasgow but prefer going from Edinburgh,had a quick search and saw Easy Jet had the perfect early morning flight so went ahead and booked.I had no idea that it was a bit of a free for all when boarding the plane as no seats were booked,got my eye on speedy boarding and went ahead and booked that and one bag of luggage.Both flight were on time and we thought speedy boarding was great.
We wanted two nights at the hotel Des Puig in Deia and for that I used Booking.com,no money changed hands we paid hotel as we left.Again very straight forward no problems.Transfers can be a major expense with some taxi companies wanting up to eighty pounds to take us from Palma to Deia.Best deal I could see was A2Btransfers who charged just over forty pounds.Top class service again,driver was waiting at airport for us and half an hour later we were in Deia.
Next problem was getting to PP and for this we used the local bus as once again taxi fares were hitting the eighty pound mark.Got the local bus from Deia to Pto Soller cost just over a euro each had a lunch and a drink on the front at Soller and caught the three oclock bus to the port and all in cost us about seventeen euros,simples.
I had booked five nights through Alpha rooms in the Eolo and again no problems.This only left transfer back to the airport and once again silly money for a taxi so I had a look at Resort Hoppa and was quoted seventeen pounds for the two of us,fantastic price and bus came spot on time to take us to the airport.
Part of our holiday is eating out at a different place so here is the food report all from memory and approximate prices.
First night in Deia and we went to restaurant Jaume on the main street which has lovely views over the valley.This was our worst and dearest meal of the holiday,we both had a couple of slabs of fish sitting on the smallest selection of vegetables I have ever seen,a couple of beers and two wines and a bill of eighty euros.On the way home we wandered into the La Residencia and saw a menue for a poolside restaurant open from eight at night till eleven with sensible prices despite the location.Booked for the next night and it was terrific,lovely setting,great service and good food.We both had a tomato salid to start mine had smoked salmon as well,I had lamb chops all five of them done beautifully with a nice mix of veg,my wife had a chicken dish which she said was delicious,a couple of drinks water etc and bill came to around sixty euros.First night in port and in spite of going for about twenty years we had never tried Los Pescadores and wandered in and got a table upstairs.Only I had a starter a huge plate of cream of veg soup which I just loved followed that up with an equally large plate of spaghetti bolognese which I could not finish,my wife had a very large grilled sole followed by a huge piece of tiramisu,a bottle of house red water all for about fifty euros.My wife summed up this restaurant as ten out of ten for food,same for location and service but five out of ten for decor,dirty washing lying in view under the stairs and a new carpet needed on the stairs.Next night went to the Stay and had the menu of the day at thirty three euros each which included a bottle of red wine and brandy after coffee,a brilliant and enjoyable meal and night.Next night went into Pollensa and had a most enjoyable menu of the day at La font de gall,two courses fifteen euros,three ninteen.I started again with a lovely creamed soup followed by chicken breasts stuffed with haggis wife had a lovely mixed veg dish followed by a delicous lemon cheese cake,bottle of wine,water again about fifty euros.As we walked past Ill Giardino I noticed it also had menu of the day so booked it for Sunday night.Spent the morning at Pollensa market and had a delicous lunch at Lu Lus which included the nicest ploughmans I have ever had.Back in at night to Ill Giardino sat down got menus and no menu of the day which was only available to seven twenty five and our first sitting booking was for seven thirty,not that bothered though and enjoyed my starter of tomato and cheese salad followed by mushroom stuffed ravoli,my wife had lasagne washed down with a half bottle of white,again fifty euros or there abouts.Saved our favourite place for the last night which is the Elcano.Eaten there for many years and the owner is a gem,if you want anything not on the menu ask him and he will cook it fresh for you the next night,such a shame that hardly anyone anyone goes to this super place so if you can give him a try.
All in all a much enjoyed holiday,the only other thing I booked was the short stay carpark at Edinburgh which is great,off the plane across the road and into the car.
Sponsored Links