Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 19:56

Default Mirch Massala

Have you tried the new Indian next door to Trio? It's called Mirch Massala. Excellent food and you can tell its freshly cooked. Definitley worth a try
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2009, 01:01

Went three times last August, excellent menu del dai, may be a little hot for some?

My FlickR Photos
Old 06-02-2009, 12:36

Was that Barquita at one time?
Old 06-02-2009, 13:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portofan View Post
Was that Barquita at one time?
Portofan

Yes, it was and quite honestly most folk struggled there in competition with Trio , one of the slickest catering operations in town. Not surprised it therefore became a totally different restaurant genre.

Not been to Mirch but tried to book in Jan but closed then til Feb. Our resident friends have been and reckon it's the best indian in town ( they drive to Palma for a curry occasionally , so maybe it's OK ? )

Will try on me next stretch in residency.

Mandy,

Keep saying it as you see it !!! The whole point of reviewing is to stimulate debate. Enjoyed your reviews.

BonysLad
Old 06-02-2009, 13:35

Yes, I think it was. Barquita could not compete with the likes of Trio next door. They had a bad start, not opening until August, very late in the season!! Lets hope Mirch Massala survives.

My FlickR Photos
Old 06-02-2009, 14:11

We used to love the Barquita and were disappointed when it disappeared to be replaced by yet another Indian restaurant. PP seems to be losing so many of the 'traditional' restaurants and will soon be completely overrun with Chinese/Indian eateries!

Rosie
Old 06-02-2009, 15:50

I agree shame more Indian and Chinese restaraunts seem to be taking over from the Spanish ones.
Went to my Father's favourite Indian along from Tots I think it was once the Montenigro
very friendly and good chicken tika, probably try it again in July.
I am going to try more different restaurants this year keep the recommendations flowing
Thanks.........
Old 06-02-2009, 15:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonysLad View Post
Portofan

Mandy,

Keep saying it as you see it !!! The whole point of reviewing is to stimulate debate. Enjoyed your reviews.

BonysLad
Thankyou Bonyslad - as I said not every place suits everyone and I am maybe a little old fashioned, there are so many lovely Majorcan restaurants in PP that we personally prefer to go to these, I can have Indian or Chinese in abundance at home, but would struggle to find specialiti:es like Shoulder of Lamb and Suckling Pig cooked as they are in PP - roll on 30th May!!
Old 17-05-2009, 10:22
Super Moderator

I have had the lurgy all week and my taste buds are not working, so last night hubby decided to get an Indian take-away. He went to Mirch Massala, the only indian in town we have not tried since we moved here ( have not been impressed by any of them).
Anyway we had papadoms, cucumber raitha, a mixed starter, onion bhaji, Butter chicken (pilau rice included in the price), and a Special mixed biryani.
I have to say it was really good, very spicy ( all the other Indians were bland) and plenty of it, we have enough left over for a snack today. So basically 2 meals for €40.
I am looking forward to eating in the restaurant one day.

P.S. My taste buds are now in full working order again.
Old 17-05-2009, 10:41

Sparky

As always, thanks for the useful information. Last July we sat on our balcony in the Flora and watched as they worked every day getting this place ready to open, although at that time we had no idea what type of restaurant it was going to be. We sometimes fancy an indian meal once in our summer fortnight, usually ending up at the Kashmir, but I agree with you the food tends to be quite bland and, in my opinion, often disappointing.

If we take a notion for an indian meal in July then I think we'll give Mirch Massala a try.

Linda

P.S Glad you're feeling better
Old 17-05-2009, 12:10
Super Moderator

Thanks Linda, we never did Indian or Chinese when we were on holiday here. However living here is different and although we have enjoyed all the Chinese meals we were starting to think that Indian was never going to be any good.
Aparently the people that run MM have had a business in the UK for years, so obviously they know how Brits like their curries, which i think is more spicy than the Spanish like it. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Old 17-05-2009, 12:56

WE visited twice in April.

There are two MDD menus on an evening, one at ~13Euros and one at ~16Euros. The only difference was a larger drink and more choice on the~16E one.

Thoroughly enjoyed both visits, nice and spicy and now not as "firey" as when fist opened last August.

Starters were very nice with the usual Onion Bahji etc

The Chicken dishes are delicious. However they need to improve the quality of the cuts of beef and lamb as they were a bit tough. The dishes were still edible however and I did mention this to the owner on leaving.

We added Nan breads as an extra, and I must say they were the best I've ever had. I especially enjoyed the peshwary nan with its coconut and raisins.

The complementary schnapps is always very welcome to clean the pallet!! afterwards

Will definitely be visiting here again in Aug/Sept when we need a change.

Stick to the chicken and Prawn type of dish and it will be fine.

I hope they do well this season as they started very late last year.

My FlickR Photos

Last edited by El Gordo; 25-05-2009 at 20:16. Reason: typo
Old 17-05-2009, 15:04

Ive always want to try a phall (SP) curry...I might give this a try if its available when I come over to Pollensa
Old 31-05-2009, 09:40
Super Moderator

Had a great meal in MM last night, we both had the €15.95 set menu. There are plenty of choices and we had 1x Onion Bajhi + 1x Sheek Kebab which we shared, hubby had prawn curry and i had chicken tikka massala both served with pilau rice, we skipped dessert (too full) and had coffees and brandies.
The set menu comes with a bottle of house wine (for 2 people) i asked if i could upgrade to the " Raimat " and pay the difference, it was no problem, also you get popadums and pickles.
The food and service were great and to be honest my CTM was the best i have ever had, anywhere, even in the UK.
It was a shame it was so quiet because this place really deserves to succeed, however that did give us a chance to chat with the owners and the chef, they are lovely people. I really wish them well and this will be the only place i will go for a curry from now on.
Old 02-06-2009, 17:55

I totally agree with Sparky. MM have a great set menu with plenty of choice, and some of the food I've had in there is even better than I've had in England. I've been there many times and haven't been disappointed. It is definitley a favourite with my family and can't wait to go again!