Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2007, 07:16

Default Gone but not forgotten !!!!

Landed this afternoon after a wet and windy week in the Port.

Tango finally shut up shop on Wed night, still not sure when they will re surface , if ever, in Os Cachelos til the new site is redeveloped , any news guys ????

What was gobsmacking though was on meeting Bonysladette on the roundabout by the marina something didn't feel right. It suddenly dawned on me that Mr Happy's Emporium was shut. On closer examination sure enough , snowcemmed sign on window saying in spanish " opening soon as Barclay's bank" .

My god, this guy has been here since the turn of the last century i.e. 1900. This is a real landmark in the port. Always added a new meaning to " abierto todos las horas" . I mean where else could you buy a bottle of Tehlhua on a wet Sunday night night in November at 8 p.m. ? Have they really made enough dough out of the Tex Mex's to do this to us ?

Understand on questioning a few in the know that the remaining bottles were shipped off to auction somewhere.

Anyone know any gen ?

I think we should be told .

BonysLad :eek :eek :eek
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2007, 07:40
pops

Default Gone but not forgotten !!!!

Had a couple of meals in the last week of Tango and the odd drink. Manolo gave me the souviner I wanted taken down for years now.:lol

I really think they have something up their sleeve but arn't letting on.
Old 29-12-2007, 00:46
Pollensa Fan

If anyone was a perfect example to the term money and misery the guy in the wine shop was i for one will not miss him.His only talent was short changing people who were not wise to his ways.
Old 31-12-2007, 06:36

Boneyslad,

The Tapas Bar has all year round info on the buid up to Mr Chuckles demise.

Have a good world cup.ooooooooooopps, sorry, neither will we.

jimbo the jambo
Old 01-01-2008, 01:57
smiddy

Default Gone but not forgotten!

We always used to have a "chuckle" about his inability to equate the prices he was advertising as to what he tried to charge.

Jimbo,

World Cup! At least give us a chance to play the qualifiers? I here you have a re-newed interest in strictly come dancing
Old 03-01-2008, 01:53

Default Gone but not forgotten !!!

Jimbo,

You been on the electric soup again ????

Happy New Year to all of you north of the border, what we gonna due next June now ???

BonysLad
Old 13-01-2008, 04:13

Default Re: Gone but not forgotten !!!

BonysLad,

Happy new year to you and yours.

O.K. not world cup ..ess eet european???????cup? championship..........who cares we aint in it.

Hurrumph..

Perhaps young Murray will enhance wombledon by his presence and improve british tennis once more, who knows.

jimbo
Old 13-01-2008, 07:42
robjay

Default The last Tango in Pollensa

It's odd but I must confess to never being Tango's biggest fan (that crown belongs to an other ). BUT on my last night there I had a wee tear in my eye. Over the past year or so I'd come to see the place under a different light.
It was a sad moment leaving the place for what I hope will not be the last time. The staff to a man were the best.
I like many others hope and pray that it wont be too long before Tango rises from the rubble

Robjay
Old 13-01-2008, 08:35
megkill

Default Re: The last Tango in Pollensa

yeah....ive always had mixed feelings about tangos
it couldnt be beaten for value, and the staff were second to none. We had a fab birthday with my youngest celebrating her 4th birthday........the staff made it sooo special i will always remember that night....the music well...what can you can......i always thought that it was great fun in a terrible way:rollin
but have had a number of meals there and thought....mmmmmm....bland at best......yet you were full and it cost nothing really
my last lunch in 2007 pp was in tangos (centric was shut!)
will miss it (not in 08 as i wont see pp:eek ) but on my next visit i may miss the old reliable tangos
K
Old 14-01-2008, 07:30
flamencodancer

Default Re: The last Tango in Pollensa

Well I think it is such a shame that this restaurant has closed. I have so many memories of the early days when they first opened and I was so pleased to see how successful Tango became. I always enjoyed a warm welcome by the staff and I will miss the fun evenings enjoyed there over the years.

Megkill, I think you may miss Tango, and I do agree, the food could occasionally be a little bland, however, I soon learnt their chateaubriand was to die for.
Old 15-01-2008, 01:17
smiddy

Default The Last Tango in Pollensa

Went a few times over the years, allways enjoyed, even if a wee bit cramped at times and the service always seemed so rushed. We were there on the last night, nothing happened, not even a squib, never mind a damp one!
Old 18-01-2008, 17:35

Default Re: The Last Tango in Pollensa

We always see it as a tradition to go to Tango. Yes we have had occasions of poor service but in the main we have been well looked after - and we love the cheesy music and plastic furniture/ squinty pictures. :lol

I would put value first in the list of their plus points (the menu of the day was fantastic value - and too much to eat really!) but I have had some lovely steaks there over the years and the duck l'orange was very tasty and a huge portion! Not a great veggy choice though.

Hopefully they will find a new spot and open with a fresh new menu.

Lala