Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-07-2010, 19:25

Default Family Resturants

Hi - New to the forum - I am going out to PP in a couple of weeks with my family including 2 children aged 7 and 12. We are staying in self-catering apartments close to the market square.

Are there any resturants that I should look out for? I am on a fairly tight budget so probably working on 50-60 euros (for 4 people). Prefer resturants that do a childrens menu as my kids seem very fussy and do not like trying new foods.

Many thanks, Andrew
Sponsored Links
Old 25-07-2010, 21:55

Try the MDD at both Trio and Tango ......... 17 euros including tax and consist of 3 courses and a drink ( half bottle of faustino each or a pint or a soft drink )
They also do childrens meals but even the fussiest of children could find something on the mdd they would like

For example spag bol for starters and roast chicken chips and veg for mains ( ask for chips if that is what they want as baked potato is the default ) followed by ice cream or strawberries and cream/ice cream or chocolate mouse ...... lots more on offer but I have just picked the most basic of offerings as an example ...... don't worry that it is all chicken and chips , you will find better options ...... the salmon and prawn salad starter is recommended as are the mussells and the hake main course is also very good

OR ..... C'an Ferra .......adults could have house Paella for 2 ( 17euros for both of you ) and the children could have meatballs in tomato sauce ...... not sure if they are from the childrens menu or tapas menu but my daughter has been polishing them off since she could just about walk ........... don't order desert, walk round the corner and get a great icecream from Mr Valls Hut

G and G is very reasonable and have a wide variety

Laguna is pretty reasonable as well, 5 of us had lunch ( 2 x Chicken burger , chips and salad and the chicken was a whole breast fillet each; 1 times p amb oli with pork Brie and Mushroom; 1 omelette chips and salad and 1 warm duck salad ......... soft drink, bear or glass of wine each .......... 41 euros and the price is the same at night

I had a group of teenage girls with me who went to eat on their own at the Pizza place in the square and reckoned it cost them 15euros a head

Brisa Marina has a set menu for 14.50 plus tax but not sure if they have a childrens menu ..... but they could always share an adult portion

My advice would be to stroll around once you are there and have a good look, you will be amazed what you can find.

Coral Bar does great food and big portions ..... 3 of us ate there last week , shoulder of lamb with majorcan potatoes and veg; pork fillet with tumbet and a fish dish ...... 2 beers and a glass of wine .......... bill was about 38 euros ..... no starter and no room for pud either

Which brings me on to my other tip which is that the starters can sometimes be as expensive as the main course so you can eat at some places that have the potential to blow your budget but not do so with the simple avoidance of a starter .......... most places bring you bread alioli and olives and even when they charge it is only about 1.25 euros a head ...... fill up on this instead of ordering a starter and you will have more room to savour the main course

Why not try to undercut your budget and then treat yourselves one night at Stay ( MDD 32 euros a head and they do cater for children and from memory it is pretty reasonable for them ) or El Posito ....... meal for 3 with wine 1 x 3 course 2 x 2 course came to 88 euros last week and was brilliant

Use A to Z on this site for directions to all I have mentioned ..... be aware people may still call Laguna by its old name of Bonanca
Old 25-07-2010, 22:05

Brilliant and useful post CD. I think this will help many people.
Glad you had a great time.
Old 25-07-2010, 22:33

L'Olivera's (next to G & G's) also have a good MDD for €12.50 plus a good childrens menu)

Can Torrens in the square also has a varied MDD and a good childrens menu

Eating Out
Old 25-07-2010, 23:36

Hi Andrew and welcome to the forum. Cd's post was brill and good information. But also try Centric, in the square, if the kids like pizzas.
Old 26-07-2010, 08:40

Hi there

Try Little Italy on the Pine Walk if you like pizza and also try Fletchers (on the side street next to Burger King) ....great food, great prices! Wish I was there right now!
Old 26-07-2010, 10:34

Brisa Marina definitely do have a children's menu - we have always found them to be very reliable.
Old 26-07-2010, 17:38

Try Hibiscus, just off the square.

Nice, locally run family restaurant .

BonysLad
Old 27-07-2010, 16:48
Under Moderation

Try Pepe's opposite the Flora apts.MDD daytime 8.50each, MDD evenings 12.50each.Threre's also Jacko the parrot to keep the children amused.
Old 27-07-2010, 23:00

Can Balache were doing a 3 course set menu inc wine for 12,95 last year and they also had a childrens menu and have a nice terrace away from the road so very safe for children
Old 28-07-2010, 00:13

Default Laguna

Quote:
Originally Posted by its cd View Post

Laguna is pretty reasonable as well, 5 of us had lunch ( 2 x Chicken burger , chips and salad and the chicken was a whole breast fillet each; 1 times p amb oli with pork Brie and Mushroom; 1 omelette chips and salad and 1 warm duck salad ......... soft drink, bear or glass of wine each .......... 41 euros and the price is the same at night
Glad to hear Laguna has got into it's stride. We had a snack lunch there shortly after they opened (the astroturf round the pool was still being laid) which consisted of floppy chips and a runny omlette. I didn't think it was fair to report it here at the time. Big investment has been made and should do well with only the Illa d'Or for competition
A Laguna beer 2 euros - Illa dOr 3.20 euros
Old 02-08-2010, 21:56

Our favourite restaurant last year was Guru, behind the Daini Hotel - we were there as a couple but the staff seemed to be very good with children - they had crayons and colouring sheets for the children to use, and a display of childrens artwork on the walls. I would totally agree with missing the starter - in fact we would often like to have a starter and a dessert and miss out on the main course. The apple filled nests at Guru were our favourite pud - one between us was enough though!

I assume that Guru is there this year - we have just been to Crete this year, but I missed the choice of restautants in PP and hopefully will return for our next holiday.

RobinC