Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   L'ombra - Calvari Steps (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/6342-lombra-calvari-steps.html)

lovemallorca 28-07-2010 19:40

L'ombra - Calvari Steps

I must admit that generally when I'm in Mallorca, I don't tend to go near bars or restaurants that that aren't run by "the locals".

However, when I am in Old Town Pollensa I always make an exception to go to L'ombra, a little cafe at the bottom of the Calvari Steps.

I'm surprised that it hasn't been mentioned before on the forum, as Alan, the charming scottish chap that runs the business, is always a pleasure to see.

Never have we not been greeted quickly and politely, and whilst I have never eaten a meal there, (I think that they only do an evening tapas menu during peak months?) the coffee is great, the beer icy cold and they have lovely shady spots to watch the hussle of Pollensa - Especially on market day.

The cafe is quite easy to miss though, as it is the last one on the left hand side, before the climb upto the church, which perhaps is why it tends not to get noticed?

It seems unfair not to mention him, as he really does seem to look after his customers - Dare I say, a little better than some of the local businesses even?

CathB 28-07-2010 19:57

It is good...we discovered it in january...and they do mugs of coffee :D

favie 28-07-2010 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemallorca (Post 47681)
the last one on the left hand side, before the climb upto the church, which perhaps is why it tends not to get noticed??

The one across from the fabulous Ladies boutique "Moda Fresca"?(right handside at start of the climb) Ideal place for the men to go for a refreshment while us ladies shop!:)

Joined OH there this year....charming Scottish chap and a wonderful place to sit and relax in a great spot with a lovely menu.It was our last day and we were sorrry to hear we would miss the Jazz group playing that evening. It is definetely a place that I can't wait to return to. :)

Alcanada 28-07-2010 21:16

My credit card still has the bruises from my wife's last trip to "Moda Fresca"! I have no doubt there will be a return visit and next time I will check out L'ombra, hopefully they can supply me and my credit card with a suitable anaesthetic ;)

The Wob 29-07-2010 04:56

Has always been one of favorites. They used to do a nice tapas lunch for 2 at a good price, but that was a couple of years ago. Good place for a morning coffee and paper read.

Gommar Goffer 30-07-2010 16:50

l'0mbra is a lovely little bar to relax and people watch (i think I have mentioned it in previous trip reports) - I think Alan has only been there for a couple of years - if that. It was a slightly younger English guy (sorry Alan!) who first opened it. Love having coffee and cake here but tapas is good too.