Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-07-2010, 14:33

Default O'Lume, El Posito & C'an Josep

After coming to PP for many years we have still not visited any of these restaurants for some reason or another. Spend most of our time in Tango I must admit. So thank's to this forum will be visiting them all on our next trip shortly. Obviously can only visit so many on one trip but is there any of these you would disagree is not a must visit, or going by the forum I have got this correct.
Sponsored Links
Old 22-07-2010, 15:08

Mwc, Have only visited O Lume and El Posito cannot comment on Can J, IMO for value and quality they are the best 2 restaurants in PP! I'm sure you will not be disappointed.
Old 22-07-2010, 15:22

You got it spot on look forward to reading your reviews.
Old 22-07-2010, 15:26

MWC, I have also not visited any of these three as well as Stay and many others, problem is there are to many good restaurants in one resort, I look forward to your review through fresh eyes, and I plan to go to at least one probably El Posito, so I will also post a review if I do also.

On island time!!
Old 22-07-2010, 15:37

Know what you mean SWS, always wanted to do Stay also but not a great choice for the kids even though they will have a go at most things. Always worry incase it is a night wasted when we could have been getting a better meal somewhere else, but will be certain to try all of these three at least once this trip.
Old 22-07-2010, 16:18

You should also try Stay, although it depends on age of "kids" as can be a bit more formal.. The set menu is excellent value but look at the menu first outside and if you like what you see then book a table as near to the water as possible (assuming its not raining) The set meal cost includes wine and water at 33.euros.
If you go to El Posito then make sure to tell Tony to slow down between the starter and main as he tends to rush you. I was there once when a German who had just finished his starter, put his fork down, the plate was cleared and the main cause was put immediatley in front of him. THe man told him what to do with it!!! but as it was German not sure what he said, but Tony soon shut up and took it away. Be adventurous as he does cook different types of food.
Old 22-07-2010, 16:20

I'm hoping he will cook vegetarian for us

On island time!!
Old 22-07-2010, 16:29
Super Moderator

SWS, El Posito is a Mallorcan restaurant and so is not big on vegetarian food but Antonio the chef makes a fantastic veg paella and the tumbet is also very good.
Old 22-07-2010, 16:35

Thats good, love Tumbet

On island time!!
Old 23-07-2010, 10:18

We have had the good fortune to have tried all of these restaurants and my comments are as follows:

C'an Josep - Excellent for service, presentation and quality of food

O'Lume - Good service and atmosphere but on the one occasion that we went I had lamb chops and they were very chewy, everything else though was fine.

El Posito - Excellent quality food, friendly staff although the interior is a bit basic and cafe like. The MDD (lunch time only) cannot be beaten for quality and price. Only al la Carte in the evenings and can work out quite expensive.

Stay - Excellent for service, presentation and quality of food 33€ seems quite expensive for a MDD but for the quality and includes everything including wine is well worth it. I would definately recommend this restaurant.

I would have no hesitation to revisit any of these restaurants
Old 23-07-2010, 11:15

C'an Josep - Enjoyed food and service last year very much. Will most definetely return this year. Great asset to PP.

El Posito - Very good food. Certainly worth a visit. I vaguely remember some uncomfortable chairs. Will keep the advice about the time gap between starter and main course in mind for next visit.

O'Lume - Haven't been yet, but on top of 'restaurants to-do list' for trip in Sept. Looking forward to sample the food in the new location.
Old 23-07-2010, 11:39

MWC - we've taken our kids to the Stay since they were a year old (they're now seven) and they have always enjoyed it - they don't have to have what is on the a la carte menu, they always have spaghetti bolognaise or burger or chicken and chips available, whether you go at lunchtime or in the evening. They also do small portions of ice cream, or will divide an adult pudding into two. I think children often enjoy a slightly more formal experience, with proper napkins, lots of cutlery etc, even if they don't know what to do with it - it makes it more of an occasion for them. Certainly our two have always been made very welcome in Stay, even when they were younger and noisier and even when one of them, to our extreme embarrassment, staged the most massive tantrum of her career at the table, smashing a wine glass in the process - the staff found it highly amusing, I think (not sure about the other diners though - apologies to any Forum members who were there that night!) Now the kids always ask to go to the Stay for our 'arrival' meal - they love that the staff remember when they were babies!
Old 23-07-2010, 12:14

Kate1, thank's for that. I am not worried about the formal side etc. for the children as they have eaten in a lot more stuffier/expensive restaurants than I imagine Stay is. It is just looking at the evening menu there didnt seem to be a great deal for them choose from. Don't get me wrong they have tried squid etc. & are always willing to try local or new dishes, just didnt fancy the menu last time. Though will give it a try I think this year along with the other three mentioned.
Old 23-07-2010, 16:44

mwc I also agree with kate that Stay is very welcoming and caters for everyone, and although not stated on the a la carte will do a number of child friendly dishes...spag bol, lasagne, burgers or a child size portion form the the main menu. It's certainly not a stuffy place...just represents very good service with some nice little touches. It's also in my opinion the best value MDD including bread ,olives, alioli,an amuse, starter, main, dessert, half a bottle of wine, water, coffee, chocolates, coffee and a liquor of your choice to finish. Fantastic value at 33€! The only thing I dont like are the loos with see-through doors

Tried El Posito this year for the first time and although we enjoyed our meal I agree with others that the service seemed quite rushed and was expensive for what we had.

Can Josep is a great place and Josep a wonderful host. MDD is 16€ and good value but does not include wine. I had the best rissotto there I've ever tasted
Old 23-07-2010, 19:24

..I recall the MDD being a little bit more than that back at the easter hols..but it is another FANTASTIC! little restaurant....especially as the house wine is Macia Battle..mmmnnn!

food just a little bit more modern in presentation (as is decor). Josep is a great wee guy who loves kids.

Go to them all - they all offer quality, value for money and are all a bit different!

Our kids have been going to Stay for a few year - they've always loved it...but now want the works, so it can add up a little...but it's definately one of the best MDDs on resort..food, atmosphere, location and service.

Don't forget about C'an Currassa just out of town on Alcudia road though. It's the sister resto to Stay and is very child friendly (with a small play area subtly located in the grounds)... service and staff a dream...

I can't wait now!...