Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-07-2010, 19:58

Default Only a few days to go!

I have to say that I am really looking forward to this Saturday, when my wife and I are joined by our two sons and “better halves” for two Villa Parade weeks in PP. We’ve been coming since they were little (1994) but there are still plenty of places to visit. So I thought that I’d ask all of you for advice on my “short list” of dining out venues.

We will definitely visit old favourites, Brisa Marina, Las Zazarles, C’an Josep and El Posito.

There’s every chance that we’ll re-visit La Goleta, Cellar la Parra, Restaurante Siller or Stay.

On the radar are places we’ve heard of, but never tried…..O’Lume (tried the old one and wasn’t keen – sorry!), Bar Coral, La Llonga and Los Pescadores (where is that? ).

Villa Parade are giving us free drinks vouchers for Clivia and La Fonda in the old town (unlikely), and Naciente, Trio and Tango (a bit far out) in the port.

So what do you all think?

Our “watering hole” of choice wil be Joker Bar (sorry Bony lovers). We went to RAF for many years before it became C’an Josep, and Juan and the guys at Joker are brilliant…..younger son and I will hope to watch two F1 Grand Prix there while we enjoy their lunch (apparently breakfasts are pretty special and dinners not bad too).

So what do you think? What am I missing?

To all of you visiting PP this summer may the sun shine and volcanos be dormant! Thanks for a very interesting and informative website. I don’t contribute often nowadays, but it’s always an interesting place to visit.

Feliz verano!

Duncan
Sponsored Links
Old 20-07-2010, 20:03

Default only a few days to go

Los Pescadores is on Pine Walk past Hostel Bahia and just before side road where Coral is. We love the food there and the sisters who run it are lovely.

Heather
Old 20-07-2010, 21:11

Thanks Heather. I know where you mean but had no idea where it was. Will give it a try.

Cheers.

Duncan
Old 20-07-2010, 21:42

Disorderly,

It is worth travelling to Pollensa and eating in Clivia, it is the best restaurant in the area.

PP76
Old 20-07-2010, 22:31
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disorderly View Post
and Los Pescadores (where is that? ).Duncan
There's some details & a location map for them here:

puertopollensa.com/restaurants_bars_cafes.html#lospescadores

If you go, do please tell them how you heard about them on PuertoPollensa.com! Thanks!
Old 21-07-2010, 07:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP76 View Post
Disorderly,

It is worth travelling to Pollensa and eating in Clivia, it is the best restaurant in the area.

PP76
We tried the Clivia once - but its many years ago now - and it was the most uncomfortable place we have eaten in!! From what I remember, it was quite small, the tables were very close together, and it was like being in church - very quiet and no atmosphere at all, we felt we had to talk in whispers and were glad to escape!! I cant remember much about the food now. But it was quite a few years ago, and things have probably changed.
Old 21-07-2010, 07:46

Hi Rosie,

That must have been a long time ago, I don't ever remember it being small, it's certainly very nice now, the owners are very friendly and the food is great.

Quote from previous post by Hatters:-
Mentioned in the Michelin Guide and possibly worthy of its place (although there are some very odd Mallorcan inclusions/exclusions). Clivia has all the trappings that you might expect to find in a “good” restaurant in a small French town (which might explain its attraction to Michelin) – comfortable seats, room nicely decorated in neutral colours (the walls adorned with original artwork

PP76

Last edited by PP76; 21-07-2010 at 07:51.
Old 21-07-2010, 07:54

Do try the new O'Lume much nicer with courtyard
Old 22-07-2010, 21:45

Clivia is definitely worth a visit - one of our favourites. Food is great and always a warm welcome from all the staff.
Old 22-07-2010, 22:27

Thanks so much for all your replies.

Here's me thinking about favourite restaurants and the Spanish air traffic controllers decide to work to rule! What happened to the French? Don't they usually blockade something at this time of year?

Let's hope for no travel disruption and that on Saturday night we'll be in Brisa Marina with una mesa para seis personas a las ocho!

Fingers crossed!

Duncan
Old 23-07-2010, 00:04

Enjoy it very much
Old 23-07-2010, 08:54

Hadn't even heard of the Spanish disruption Duncan! Fingers crossed it wont be too bad for anyone. Oh, and great Spanish accent too!
Old 23-07-2010, 20:08

Smile

Dear Duncan

So pleased to see you posting on the forum again today . We have enjoyed reading your reports of PP and its restaurants in the past and indeed have followed up some of your recommendations.

We too have been visiting PP as a family for many many years taking our children there when they were 6 and 9. now 20 and 23. We also frequent many of the places that you refer to in your posts in particular Brisa Marine and feel we must have similar tastes. One that I don’t think I’ve seen you mention is the Sis Pins. We’ve always enjoyed a meal there and go for a table on their beach terrace with the sea lapping at the edge. Nice and romantic.

When you are next at Brisa Marine (Saturday?) ask Franscisco to point out the cross stitch picture of fishes (hanging by the bar last year) This was done by Noisettes mother who has been visiting PP even longer than we have. She’s 79 and enjoys sitting on our terrace doing her needle work looking out to the bay. She thoroughly recommends Casa Maria (used to be on the front, but moved to off the square by the school a few years back) for those with an interest in needle crafts.

We note that you and your family are going to be in the resort same time as us! Will keep a look out in the restaurants for a table for six with a bottle (or two?) of Marques de Riscal and maybe say Olla!

You can look out for table for six age range 20 to 83 with father and son so alike they look book ends!

Here’s to yet another fantastic holiday in PP !!