Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-07-2010, 13:05
Founder

Default Urgent Request - Cheap Evening Set Menu

Hi all,

urgent request from my son who has limited funds. Can anyone suggest places that do an evening set menu for around 15 EUR (or less!) that includes wine.

I have come up with:

Brisa Marina - around 15 eur including wine
Hibiscus (but maybe 16 or 17 EUR & did include glass wine only)
Trio - price please
IRU - 15 eur but no drink I think

Any others?

I think they'll go to Brisa Marina as he's been there before with us but if there are any other options, there may be others looking for the same.

Btw, they apparently had a very good paella at IRU at 22:30 on firework night & found a cheap place doing menu in CSV (above a Spar?). Otherwise they cook every night (amazing!)...
Sponsored Links
Old 20-07-2010, 13:51

Default Cheap set menu

El Mojito and Makkasar will come in his price range at moment.
The Senor.
Old 20-07-2010, 18:53

Hi there

Trio is €15.80 for menu of the day
Tango is €16.80 for menu of the day
Hells Kitchen is €15.50 for menu of day

All of the above are excellent value for money although Hells Kitchen does not include wine.

One again Fletchers 2 courses €10 and 3 courses €12.50 so some money left for wine if required. Also remember Little Italy if he likes pizza/pasta.

Hope he has a good time! I would be delighted to be in one of the above at the moment.......wish it was last week!!!
Old 20-07-2010, 19:26

L'Oliveras have a good MDD (3 courses etc) for €12.50 plus they also have an evenong special (1 course and drink) for €6.50

Can Torrens - MDD varies between €10-15 depending on the mains...very good value for money

Eating Out
Old 21-07-2010, 10:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensa View Post

Btw, they apparently had a very good paella at IRU at 22:30 on firework night & found a cheap place doing menu in CSV (above a Spar?). Otherwise they cook every night (amazing!)...
This sounds like Marinas, almost opposite the Don Pedro hotel, cheap and cheerful but nice food for the price. Also, a lovely elevated position out in the sunshine.
Old 21-07-2010, 12:12
Under Moderation

This thread is very useful. When I have read some posts where people are spending loads in restaurants I got worried and thought place to expensive. Glad us with little to spend are catered for as well.
Old 21-07-2010, 12:56

In the old town Scacco Matte and Trencadora both do very well priced pizza and pasta - large, filling portions, we have never been able to eat more than two courses each. Do bear in mind that sometimes the set three-course menus offer each course in smaller sizes than the a la carte menu, so two a la carte courses might be just as filling as three MDD courses. Scacco Matte also does antipasti plates to share. Don't think they do a set menu as such in the evening, but even if you factored in a bottle of house wine to share you would be coming in at under 15E, I should think. I have a feeling that Scacco Matte also do an all-you-can-eat type buffet in the evenings but haven't tried it so am not sure how much this is.
Old 21-07-2010, 15:03
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kym View Post
This thread is very useful. When I have read some posts where people are spending loads in restaurants I got worried and thought place to expensive. Glad us with little to spend are catered for as well.
Don't worry of course you are. That's what makes it such a good resort with its variety of places to eat at all prices. Incidentally often the cheapest main on an a la carte menu is the paella at around 11-12 EUR & of course pretty filling too. But do look fpr places that make them from fresh & not the ready made ones. There's another thread on this elsewhere - just search on 'paella' - apparently the one at IRU was very good as is Pescadores.

Now back on the cheap evening MDD - if there are any more suggestions. I'll report back on where they eat when they come home to tomorrow.
Old 21-07-2010, 19:47

Just back after two great weeks. I can recommend Pepe's opposite Flora Apartments, the set menu there is 12.50 which includes wine. We had steak when we ate there and it was very good. Pascolinos on the Pine Walk do a set menu for 8.50 also Can Torens (?) in the square are 15.50 with wine included. All good value for money.
Old 23-07-2010, 10:53
Founder

Thanks for all the suggestions. In the end they meant to go to Brisa Marina but they are closed on Wednesdays so they carried on a bit & went to Can Josep. Slighly more expensive but they really enjoyed the food (the best they'd had) although they thought Mr Fantastico was crazy!