Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-01-2008, 23:56
sonyaaa

Default Re: O lume

Well said Jig!

I have been disappointed on two occasions in O'lume having to return a meal twice on one, but Hey ***t happens! hence I have not been back since I should really give it another chance............ I hear The Golden Lion in Gommar serves a mean Chicken and chips......HA!
Sponsored Links
Old 22-01-2008, 06:07

Default Oh Blooming Marvelous !!!!

Guy's,

It's the night of the bonfires, most places with bonfires outside are only serving BBQ stuff so where do you eat when there's eight of you and you fancy something a bit more substantial ???

We wandered around to O' Lume and walked into a round table all ready for us. Only a couple of tables taken but we've not booked and we're not optimistic on our chances.
How wrong can you be, fantastic meal ( all on meal of the day ) OK , I know 8 of you make your own atmosphere especially when you've been on the brew for a couple of hours but absolutely faultless.

We had to wait sure, but plenty of bread and little taster dishes served to fill the gap.

Oh blooming marvelous !!!!!

BonysLad
Old 23-01-2008, 19:37
smiddy

Default O' Lume

People who know me on this board know i need no adjustment to "lighten-up". I just felt the jibe was more to do with someone's idea of "comedy genius" than constructive criticism. Jaime, the owner, has worked very hard to make this restaurant a success, in my view he has succeeded spectacularly. I know he reads this forum and takes the comments very seriously, how disheartening must it be to read unjustified comments like that? I know if i read a review which described a restaurant as "gloom" i doubt if i would venture in. Let's reserve comments like these for the "restaurants" in PP which actualy deserve them, and try to preserve the one's who are trying to keep the PP we all know and love. Remember, once they're gone, they're gone!
Old 24-01-2008, 02:59

Default Re: O' Lume

When all is said and done, this thread (started in September 07) is still riding high on the first page of this section of the forum, which can only be good news for O Lume! No publicity is bad publicity and it's free advertising!

People will always make up their own minds about where to eat and O Lume has plenty of supporters on here. This thread will continue to generate interest in the restaurant which can only be a good thing for Jaime. I think if you have your business in the public domain, you have to put up with the occasional brick-bat as well as the bouquets! Believe me...I've experienced it too!

Jane
Old 24-01-2008, 04:28
jamierun26

Default Re: O' Lume

My wife and I visited the restaurant last Friday night and sat by the welcoming log fire.This was our second visit and found the food and service to be outstanding,I dont beleive you can get better value our quality in PP
Old 24-01-2008, 04:43

Default O'Lume

We couldn't agree more with jamierun26. We too were in O'Lume that night ( we were the 4 noisy ones!! ) and indeed spoke to you briefly. We have been to this restuarant so many times and find the quality of the food and Jamie's welcome and service to be brilliant. Yes sometimes it can lack a bit of atmosphere but this is improving as more people find this hidden gem in PP.
Old 27-01-2008, 02:48
Sun Properties

Is O'Lume totally none smoking? Some seem to suggest it is and others say it is!
Old 27-01-2008, 04:03

I don't recall anyone smoking when we were there.

Jane
Old 27-01-2008, 22:53

Default O LUME

SORRY TO TELL YOU THIS BUT YOU CAN SMOKE THERE.
WAS IN LAST WEEK AND NOTHING HAS CHANGED !!
:hat :hat :hat
Old 11-02-2008, 02:03
Hertscouple

Default O LUME

Just back from first week's ever holiday in Mallorca, stayed at PP. I am so glad i did some restaurant research on the internet because it led me to O LUME which we ended up visiting 3 times in the week. Absolutely superb food and service each occasion.

Another couple who were dining we met and recognised at another v good restaurant later in the week - Hibiscus. The couple turned out to be Mr and Mrs Smiddy and as Mr S has pointed out in another post, huge coincidence in that Mrs Hertscouple shares birthday with both Smiddys.

Last night we had our 'valedictory' meal at Lume. My starter was serrano ham and prawn salad, absolutely delicious. We enjoyed talking to Jaime about Galicia and his time working on Jersey, and he was generous in his billing of our drinks ! THankyou Jaime, if we return to PP we will be back to see you on our first night.

We also visited and liked Hibiscus and Brisa Marina.
Old 13-03-2008, 19:48

Talking

Hi all!
I have a photo of O'Lume's for anybody who wishes to find it!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2463250...53991/sizes/l/
(O'Lumes)
Old 13-03-2008, 22:04

I took some friends to O'lume for dinner the other night. There was ten of us and everyone was so impressed. Everyone agreeing it was the best meal they had enjoyed in PP.
They were even more shocked by the bill, 3 courses, (many ordering steak,) wine, drinks -290 euros. It was incredible.

Thanks again Jaime- see you soon.

Pops
Old 13-03-2008, 22:36

I took my wife and children there for a well earned meal on " Mother's day " and once again Jamie did us proud.

Thanks Jamie & chef, the T-Bone was as always, wonderful and we will be back very soon.

Thanks for the photo Matt
Old 19-04-2008, 15:15

Smile Fantastic Food

Hi All,
I thought I might post a "Fresh" post on O'Lumes.
I recently went in there with my family for the second time and absolutely loved it as usual.

I ordered my favourite starter the Fish croquettes which I rate as 110%.
And then the chicken which is the best chicken i can find around here, cooked really good aswell.
Finally, to finish of I had the home made Ice-Creams.

It was certainly well worth the money as Jamie was so kind as he always is also giving us home-made chocolates.

So I thoroughly reccomend it to any visitors who come to PP!
And once again thank-you very much Jamie and all the staff for another enjoyable meal!

Adios
The Captain

Last edited by Sea Captain; 19-04-2008 at 17:38.
Old 09-05-2008, 14:05

Default O Lume location

Hi everyone, only a week to go till we fly out!!
I've been so impressed by the reports of OLume that we're going to give it a try. However, I've tried the link to the location of OLume earlier in this thread and can't find it. Can someone let me know how to find it?
thanks
Cat
Closed Thread