Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2007, 07:57
pops

Default O Lume

I totally agree with the best steak. The T bone (off the bone) was superb and I had the half portion which was huge.

Infact I had two fantastic meals in O'lume last week. my eldest daughter, her boyfriend, Robjay and I had wine, beer, water, after dinner drinks one set menu and three a la carte with starters and still served with an appertiser and those delicious hand made chocolates. The bill ? 82 euros.

I just had to return the following night for the steak.

The service as ever was second to none. Jaime was as friendly and professional as ever and we really enjoyed a long chat with him. I was very envious of the present he gave Rob too. lol.

Pops
Sponsored Links
Old 13-01-2008, 08:01
robjay

Default Re: O Lume

Was having a sad wee moment to myself. I was thinking of our last visit to O'Lume.
This place really is that good! In fact Pops I'm sure I heard you say to Jaime that your steak was the best you've had in PP!
As for the second nights meal. Can this place get better every time you visit?
This place isn't really as "good" as everybody claims it is!
Good doesn't even begin to describe the place! Everthing everybody has said about Jaime and his resturant has been played down!
Your a fool if you haven't tried O'Lume.
I for one look forward to the day I'm turned away at the door because I didn't book a table in advance.
Jaime my hopes and prayers are that 2008 is record breaking year for you, you deserve it!
Pops why on earth did my doggie bag bother you? We both enjoyed it Mmmmmmmmmmmm
Until my next visit stay safe.

Robjay
Old 13-01-2008, 08:25

Why should I post
O'Lume been top of my list for ages, looks like another wants to take it on as his own.
Jammie I will be back mark my words.
Old 13-01-2008, 08:37
robjay

What a sad reply Snowy
Old 13-01-2008, 21:29
millyjack

Hi, reading all these rave reviews, where is O Lume?
Old 14-01-2008, 03:03
patc

Default O lume

I keep telling myself I should try this place, but every time I look in it never seems busy.
Old 14-01-2008, 03:17

Default Re: O lume

Patc in my opinion the place has no atmosphere and that puts people off!

A certain forum members wife put it perfectly when she told me she called it O Gloom :lol I couldn't agree more
Old 14-01-2008, 03:27

I have posted several times on O Lume, and if you've read them, you'll know what I think. Yes, it is often quiet in there, but I guarantee you if you go on a winters evening a sit either by the roaring fire, or in a snug corner, you'll have a gastronomic treat.
Jaime, if you're reading this, and I know you do, see you in Feb
Old 14-01-2008, 04:51
lizglass1

If you think O'Lume's quiet you've never eaten when the Glass Boys are there. You'll be wishing it was quiet after that!

I just dragged number 3 to (another) swimming lesson and what does he talk about out of the blue to cheer himself up - the lambchops at O'Lume.

"Why can't we go there more often mum?" he whines longingly. "Why don't we buy a house in Spain."

Never mind his lamb chops, think of the best T bones in the world, the delicious salads, try the seafood or the prawn and bacon - divine, the seafood pasta - gorgeous , the chocolate ice-cream, the lovely bread with flavoured butter, the wine.

Dreaming of O'Lume on a cold Glesga night!
Old 14-01-2008, 05:49
robjay

Well I'm so glad it's not just me pouring all this much earned praise on Jaime and O'Lume.
It's not always quiet to quote a fellow member "We were also pleasantly surprised at how busy O Lume was when we went there last Friday...it was practically buzzing!" that doesn't sound like O'Gloom to me:lol . Like a lot of places all over Spain try going around 22:00, We have and it's been packed with locals.
Do what we do take along your friends and family and create your own party lol
Lizglass my 3 daughters rave to all their friends about the great meals and fun times the've had @ O'Lume.

Take care

Robjay
Old 14-01-2008, 05:50
flamencodancer

I have mixed feelings about O'Lume. The food is fantastic and agree with Pops, Mallorcaboy, Lizglass, Robjay and Snowy , though Debz1 I wouldn't go so far as calling it O'Gloom but it does lack something. Jaime is very friendly and his service is first class and he is so attentive. I have eaten there usually once each visit over the many years I have visited PP and as I am leaving home for a month on Tuesday and will be staying in PP For just over a week, I will look forward to a meal infront of the roaring fire as Mallorcaboy so cosily describes and see if this makes a difference to the atmosphere. ( I am staying in Andorra too, so may not be quite as atmospheric as an apres ski bar).

I only hope that if I do post an extremely positive review on O'Lume or indeed any other restaurant which I almost certainly will be, I won't be accused of trying to muscle in on anyones favourite place. I didn't realise that anyone held exclusive rights to any restaurant. They are there for us all to enjoy, and ofcourse keep these wonderful restaurants open.

Looking forward to telling about my experiences, Good and bad.
Old 14-01-2008, 08:31

Flamencodancer it wasn't me that nicknamed it O Gloom but it did make me giggle, because like you said I feel the restaurant lacks something.The last time we went it was busier than on previous occasions so you didn't feel you were in the spotlight (literally! ) but for some reason we never feel particularly relaxed . I actually think the lighting is one of the problems...very harsh halogen lights which to me do not make a place cosy. And although we have enjoyed some of our meals we haven't raved about them like some others. As with everything in life we all have different tastes and this just my personal opinion.

Debs
Old 15-01-2008, 01:05
smiddy

Default O Lume

Debz, As you say we all have different tastes etc, but whoever chrisened the place O' Gloom is a bit out of order, we're all entitled to our opinion, but comments like that are unwarranted and serve no purpose when we're all trying to contribute to a sensible restaurant review.
Old 18-01-2008, 17:42

As Debz says - we are all different and for my part I didn't mind that it was quiet when we were in. I certainly wouldn't say it lacked atmosphere - I think that you make your own atmosphere and we found it quite romantic. We were in the courtyard and the lighting was nice. We didn't feel in the spotlight - just well looked after and were completely relaxed. We will be taking the whole family there in July - can't wait - fab wee place! :b

...and if more than one of us takes it as a favourite - that's ok for O'Lume's business isn't it? Lala
Old 20-01-2008, 09:04

Great food, good host, but i must agree with Debz, its a bit too quiet for my liking (:lol @ O Gloom )
Quote:
but comments like that are unwarranted and serve no purpose when we're all trying to contribute to a sensible restaurant review.
Some peeps should lighten up a bit, its only a internet forum after all:rolleyes
Whatever happened to free speech??
Closed Thread