Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Bony's prices (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/6256-bonys-prices.html)

super7 12-07-2010 14:09

Bony's prices

Seem to remember this being a bit of a hot topic last year.:rolleyes:
What are Jose's prices like this year and has he given in yet, allowing you to buy wine by the bottle?

BonysLad 13-07-2010 17:56

Super 7,

Well you certainly like asking controversial questions don't you !!!! How about trying

a) Has the Queen ever voted Labour ?

or

b) Is Katie Price a loving devoted wife ??

Seriously ( & with absolutely no comment at all )

Happy Hour came off some weeks ago. I think large drinks are about 5.50 Euros and beer over 4 Euros a pint.

Last word on subject.

BonysLad ;)

Jimbo the Jambo 14-07-2010 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonysLad (Post 46767)
Super 7,

Well you certainly like asking controversial questions don't you !!!! How about trying

a) Has the Queen ever voted Labour ?

or

b) Is Katie Price a loving devoted wife ??

Seriously ( & with absolutely no comment at all )

Happy Hour came off some weeks ago. I think large drinks are about 5.50 Euros and beer over 4 Euros a pint.

Last word on subject.

BonysLad ;)

Good to see the prices have been pegged.

cheers,

jimbo

Grandad 15-07-2010 14:20

I only paid 3.30 for a pint at Bony's last week but as you can never find a menu of the prices I think he just charges what he can get away with at different times of the night. Was not keen on the quality of it either. but that could just be me.

kate1 15-07-2010 14:29

Having just been for a very average lunch at a very ordinary restaurant here in the UK which was charging £3 for a cup of mint tea and £10 for a single shot of whisky, I don't think Jose has a monopoly on charging what he thinks he can get away with! (I didn't order the whisky by the way, lest you think that's my normal lunchtime beverage... I was going for the tea until I saw the price.)

super7 15-07-2010 17:46

Not sure how those prices compare to last year tbh. Was really looking for a general trend really. Doesn't sound like he's changed significantly either way.

Only really became an issue for us a couple of years ago when we realised that over the course of 3 weeks we were putting (a lot) more in Jose's till than we'd spent on flights for a family of four:eek:

snowy2007 15-07-2010 21:29

You pays your money and takes your pick

jiggggy 17-07-2010 01:37

Super, you really want to slow down on your drinking then! :eek:

CathB 17-07-2010 22:48

just got back today - didnt have a drink at Bony's so cannot comment on prices but did notice that things were toned down...(notices etc)..there was a sign saying "a free shot with every drink "

Gommar Goffer 18-07-2010 11:23

CathB - do you think they come from his competitors:D

Heads down!;)

MoMike 18-07-2010 11:38

His 1 euro soft baguette has gone up to 2E this year (never had one... anybody know if they're any good?).

Only drank there one night (semi-final night) and the final bill felt pretty much the same as last summer.

CathB 18-07-2010 14:50

LOL Gommar Goffer..took me a minute to get that ;)

SENOR CIGAR 24-07-2010 08:41

Bony's prices

I don't know why people think you can't buy wine by the bottle at Bonys.
He has always sold it if you ask and the quality and prices are good.
In many bars a nondescript glass of house is served and if you buy the small bottles at Bonys at least you know what wine you are getting which is good quality just like the full bottles.
I regularly have a pint each night there and the service is excellent and this years prices about 20% less than last year.
The 2€ baguette is good value in my opinion and I believe Jose is doing a good job coping with the recession in these difficult financial times.
The Senor

whaleywanderer 24-07-2010 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by SENOR CIGAR (Post 47402)
I don't know why people think you can't buy wine by the bottle at Bonys.
He has always sold it if you ask and the quality and prices are good.
In many bars a nondescript glass of house is served and if you buy the small bottles at Bonys at least you know what wine you are getting which is good quality just like the full bottles.
I regularly have a pint each night there and the service is excellent and this years prices about 20% less than last year.

......................of wine? :eek:

Chemical Dave 24-07-2010 19:23

Awww Whaley

A pint is only 2 large wine glasses. Thats not too bad is it?

Adios

Dave