Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 20:57

Default The Fussies & Friends Bar Review

A most important part of the Fussies visits to Puerto Pollensa are the various bars visited and as always we try to mix some of our favourites with reports on some of the newer establishments.

Last year following very good report by Bonyslad we like to had to change to La Cantina at Llonja for sundowner moments. Nice staff, drinks seemed reasonably priced and some good tapas. However in my opinion scenic aspect is not as good.

La Batacuda - been a firm favourite for a few years. Great place at weekends and in a purely investigative role sat both inside and outside to assess the noise (see post from briancollins june). Yes the problem is the door, if it was self closing noise would reduce significantly. Main issue is that this bar is a firm favourite of locals who do go out late, popping out with the wife at 1:00 am for a drink at the local seems to be the norm. Afraid this aspect of Spanish life seems to be alien to UK folk.

Cafe D'eu Moll (think thats the name it sits behind the church). Always liked this bar, nice people, quite music, local feel, very competive prices and free WiFi. Just ask for password

Cafe Mombasa - A new bar not even two weeks open. Owned by the Sail and Surf people so if you look at the webcam for a daily fix, follow this up with a visit whilst you are in Port. A number of things struck me about this bar, why the decor (African colonial in PP!!)?, why where the prices so competitive?, why the location (just before La Gola) where its only passing trade? And finally why did I enjoy it so much we went back almost every night? Its as out of place as Match Point but I enjoyed it nonetheless. The barman is an absolute hoot, he's a local but speaks english in a broad scots accent using phrases such as 'that's grreat' and 'smashin'. I urge you to go visit and report

Mr Fussie
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2010, 12:48

Hi Mr Fussie

I can't quite get my head around where Cafe Mombasa is. Can you explain?

Is Cafe D'eu Moll on the same street as El Posito?

Your posts are always very helpful.

Thanks

Duncan
Old 12-07-2010, 17:05

Duncan,
Cafe Mombasa is on the front on the road to Alcudia, just before the La Gola bridge (between Simbad and Sail & Surf). As for the cafe El Posito is close but bar is located at the junction of the road running up the other side of church. Hope that helps
Mr Fussie