Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2008, 05:52

Default First bad meal in PP

We recently just arrived back from a trip to PP and I had my first bad meal in the resort. I had actually got to the point were I didn't think it was possible to get something bad to eat in PP.

On New Year's day we decided to go out for lunch. This proved a challenge as it became apparent that the only place open at lunchtime was Pascalino's (start of the Pine Walk opposite corner to Joker). It was extremely busy, so that may account for the quality of the food, but we decided to go in anyway. I ordered a cheese and tomato toasted sandwich which came with some chips and a small beer. When the sandwich arrived it was not what I expected - tasteless cheese and tomato which was not part of the toast of the toasted sandwich! The plate had some salad on it and this, I suspect, was responsible for the amount of water on my plate. When I tried to eat the sandwich I realised that half the water had already been mopped up by the bread. I decided to leave the sandwich and try some of the chips. They too were soaked in water so I decided to leave those as well.

I sat and sipped my beer whilst my husband ate an omelette which he declared quite tasteless and my son had sausages & chips. Being 3 he was happy with sausages. I wasn't so happy about the amount of oil on the plate.

When I got to the end of my beer I had another unpleasant surprise - broken glass in the beer.

As I have said above the place was extremely busy and may have contributed to the standard of the food.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2008, 05:10

Hi Sharon,

We ate there once only at lunchtime after a recommendation would you believe? Awful. Never again. We now only stop for the odd nightcap on the way home. The measures are certainly generous and it opens quite late - as long as there are customers it seems. On our last visit the 3rd chair at our table was frequented by the biggest cockroach I have ever seen :eek was sure it was watching me so... we left after just the one drink. Must lay off the hard stuff :rolleyes :rollin
Old 11-02-2008, 02:14
Hertscouple

Default Re: First bad meal in PP - PASCALINOS

We also made the mistake of eating there last Sunday week. We ordered pizzas.

Tasteless pieces of cardboard with dried up topping. Imagine the cheapest supermarket 'economy' line frozen pizza badly heated up.

Waitresses surly and impatient. This place appears to be just a tourist rip off as far as we could see on the basis of this one experience. Lets down PP.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:54

Default Re: First bad meal in PP - PASCALINOS

Ok

I'm going to add some balance

My mum and Dad have been in PP for the last few weeks and until Joker opened last week Pascalinos was the first "open" place they reached each day on their morning walk

Mum drank coffee and loved the "free" biscuits

Dad had egg on toast when he could persuade Mum that it wasn't a bad thing to do

They also benefitted from the company provided by the rest of the british pensioners who it seen=ms congregate there for morning coffee
Old 11-02-2008, 10:19
smiddy

Default Pascalinos

We've ate there over many years, it used to be fine for evening meals, nothing spectacular, but freshly cooked, plentiful and great value. On the few times we ate there during the day, it was functional, at best. Maybe the proper cooks aren't there during the day. The coffee is excellent and the view is superb! It's also a pleasant place to have a nightcap, much more relaxing than the "square" which i'm afraid i'm not a very big fan of. I suppose our tastes have now gone up a ratchet or two, so, we tend to eat elsewhere now, but it served us well when the kids were young.
Old 11-02-2008, 23:32

Pascalino's (or "keep the difference" as it was otherwise nicknamed) always used to be on the list for at least 1 visit during the holiday - the inclusive menu was always good value for money and daughter loved the pancake rolls with the very lurid sauce.(would never have allowed it at home but thats what holidays are for)However we found the last couple of times the food was quite inedible. I thought it was just "unlucky" the first time so gave it the benefit of the doubt but the next visit was just as bad- last year gave it a miss altogther.
Old 11-06-2008, 13:25

Default In defence of Pascalinos!

Our family (myself, husband, 12 year old and 3 year old) have visited Pollensa for the last three years. We ate a couple of times at Pascalinos last year and found it not bad for the price. This year we were a bit shocked at how the prices seemed to have gone up in the restaurants generally and this, coupled with the lousy exchange rate, and the fact we are going away again (France not Majorca) in August meant we had think quite carefully about where we ate - we generally only have our evening meal out. Early on in the holiday, after having quite a good breakfast there on our first morning we had a fairly simple and seeming low cost meal at L'Olivera (pasta/pizzas) which ended up quite expensive with the drinks. After that we decided that we would stick to Pascalinos because it is very good value. If you are not on a limited budget then of course you can find places with better food. - But if you are on a limited budget Pascalinos is fine - we never had a bad meal there and my husband is notoriously fussy! I note another user said that the staff were surly. They maybe caught them on a bad day as I have to say that this was certainly not our experience and the staff that dealt with us were very helpful and friendly and particularly good with the kids. The portions are generous, the drinks reasonable. We tended to have the menu of the day,either chinese or Spanish, and that was extremely good value with the Chinese menu including a starter, main course, drink, tea/coffee or ice cream for e8.50. We did miss going to a different place each night but at least we didn't over spend which I think we would have done eating at some of the places we used to go to.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:39

I have to agree with the previous post, on the occasions that we have eaten at Pascalinos we have not been disappointed but we have always stuck to the set menu and had the chinese. If you're hungry and want a budget meal Pascalinos is not bad.
Old 12-06-2008, 13:27

I've never eaten in Pascalino's due to the simple fact that about 5 years ago, a waiter that worked there ( tall, slim, Spanish guy with shaven head) wanted to have a fight with me, my wife, and my in laws in Fat Cats for no reason whatsoever other than us being English.

P.S. Please don't take this as a 'sarcastic' reply. This actually happened and people should hear about things like this aswell.