Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   TRIP REPORT: Visit Report by The Fussies & Friends (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/6247-visit-report-fussies-friends.html)

TheFussies 11-07-2010 13:25

Visit Report by The Fussies & Friends

Yes it was the Fussies annual pilgrimage to the Port these last two weeks with Mr& Mrs Fussie returning to Scotland in the early hours of today This year there was a maximum of ten of us at any one time but this only added to the problems of the various establishments visited with Miss Fussie in particularly good form

The season has not been very good this year and all businesses appear to be suffering. This was our 14th year in the Port, with this is our usual fortnight and I’ve never seen it so quiet. Although we pre booked on only 4 occasions (the Mr & Mrs Fussies anniversary dinner), two occasions when all ten were present and our final night (when Jamie forgot the booking, shame on him but he did redeem himself), we easily obtained a table on any night including a waterside table at Stay. We had some really good meals with visits to O Lume (3), Stay, Can Curassa, Llonja, Tribeca, Las Zarzales, Guru & new to the Fussies Los Faroles, Can Ferrera, Hell’s Kitchen, G&G’s and Scacco Matto (Piccolo Forno?) in Pollenca. I’ll provide more detailed comments in the coming days.

As a taster of what’s to follow the garden courtyard at O Lume easily provided the best food, wine and atmosphere of the holiday but not all previous Fussie favourites were up to the mark, Llonja standards having slipped. Most surprising omission for the past 14 years has to be Los Faroles, it looks nothing from the pavement but the fish and lamb were excellent. How could I walked past it so often and not ventured in!! Best newcomer has to be G&G’s.

Mr Fussie

Gommar Goffer 11-07-2010 15:43

We look forward to more in depth repots from TheFussies. How were the other places you ate at? What did you all get up to? Where did you visit?

Spill the beans Fussies;)

Portofan 11-07-2010 19:08

Hi Fussies!

Thanks for the taster!:)

Always love reading your posts and just can't wait for the full details!:eek:

And Los Faroles eh?

Yes it's good in there!

Come on with the reports then!:D

Belladonna 11-07-2010 19:52

Gosh, what a lot of eating you have done! Can't wait to read all the reports and work them into my own plan!

Disorderly 12-07-2010 12:27

Thank you Fussies.....I always enjoy your reviews.

I've not posted for ages but am getting excited at our next family trip on 24th July. It's interesting to hear that the place is very quiet - it was deathly when we came over in May. This year, though, we're here for the first two weeks of school holidays so it will be very interesting to see how busy it is then.

For sure we'll be at Brisa Marina, C'an Josep, El Posito et al.

Can't wait!!

Duncan