Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Trip Report (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/6223-trip-report.html)

Elmsybob 05-07-2010 13:20

Trip Report

Hi all, just returned from our fourth trip in as many years, but this time we just had 5 nights without the kids. For the first time we decided to use the Resort Hoppa to save cash - I have to say that it was extremely efficient and I would recommend to anyone, especially as we paid £25 in total compared to the c£160 we would have paid with taxis. HOWEVER, I foolishly left a bag on the bus (containing various items but not a huge overall value). When I tried to 'phone to get hold of the driver I ended up waiting in a call queue for 30 mins to then be connected to mainland Spain. They then would not investigate until I had paid a £20 fee on my card (which I did). I was then told that they would not give me the number for the desk to call the driver but would investigate and come back to me. After 3 days of hearing nothing I called again (this time a 20 minute call queue) and was eventually told that nothing had been found. I'm now claiming on my travel insurance but it was just really annoying that they were so unhelpful.

Anyway, we had booked a lovely little apartment (through the Forum) called Apartment Blue Summer because they charged by the night and we only wanted 5 nights. It was just round the corner from Bar Coral which is the perfect position for us and it was ideal - OK it was small but it had everything we wanted, the air con worked and the people who owned it were lovely, letting us in early and letting us stay late on our last day which meant we had almost another full day in PP. If anyone wants a clean apartment, in a great location then I would highly recommend it.

We were a bit concerned about how things would be in PP after reading some negative stuff on the Forum but I have to say that it was absolutely fantastic as ever. I could go into vast details on food but highlights were:

Coral Bar - quite frankly if they did an "all inclusive" package I would happily eat and drink there all the time. Jordi, Aina and the rest greeted us as old friends and really made us welcome. Once again the beef casserole was "melt in the mouth" and the Pa Amb Oli was to die for.

Ivy Garden - never eaten here before but excellent food in lovely surroundings and we will return.

Little Italy - our first time here as our kids don't eat pizza or pasta. For us this was our favourite meal of the holiday - they made us feel very welcome, we had a very romantic table near the beach and we adored the food.

Los Pescadores - Angie who runs the place has become a friend of ours over the years and again she made us so welcome, even speaking to our children on the telephone to tell them that she missed them. Lovely food but the portions were just too big for us. I had a pice of fresh tuna that could have comfortably fed 6 people. Met a lovely Italian family here who instisted on sharing their wine with us - you just don't get that anywhere else that we've ever been.

The Joker - first time here for us but once we discovered it we were back most days wither for beers or breakfast. Very friendly and excellent value.

Bony's - Jose is fantastic and his signs are legendary. On the day of the game against Germany he had this up - "Ingland loves Germany. No worries. All good". Totally bonkers but totally wonderful. Again we sat in Bony's and talked to some lovely people.

Overall another fantastic holiday and even though we only had the 5 nights we came back feeling totally refreshed and rejuvenated and we can't wait to go again next year with the children.

Rab 06-07-2010 08:36

great reoprt EB. Aint it funny how you seem to get into a rut of going to certain restaurants when there are so many others e.g. Bar Coral that tend to get forgotten about?

PaulB 06-07-2010 11:06

Nice report, Elmsybob.

We watched the England v Germany game at Bonys, too. First time we have been there and you are right, the geezer is a bona fide nutter, but a great laugh! Did you see what he did at half time, just after the England goal was disallowed? He came and drew big crosses on his own tv's in black marker pen whilst saying "This is wrong! This is wrong!". First time I've ever seen vandalism in a bar commited by the bar owner himself! Us punters had to clean the screen ourselves with baby wipes, then he came out and asked us what we used to remove the marks.

Nick 06-07-2010 12:39

Jose is just brilliant....................never a complete visit IMO without a trip to his bar...........the man's a legend !!!

Sparky 06-07-2010 13:24

Elmsybob,
Because i have not eaten in any of the others i can only comment on Coral Bar and Los Pescadores and agree with all say, they are both very good restaurants. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

purpleboots 06-07-2010 16:59

I can't be sure but i think we have stayed in this little apt before, is it on the same side as the bike shop around the corner from Coral? if so i think Aina owns it well she had the keys anyway. Glad you liked the Coral we love going there esp the first night to meet up with all old friends, hope that Pedro is feeling better he had just come out of Hospital when we were there in June