Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   A Gourmet Experience at La Balada Del Agua Del Mar (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/6154-gourmet-experience-la-balada-del-agua-del-mar.html)

Linguist 22-06-2010 23:49

A Gourmet Experience at La Balada Del Agua Del Mar

On only my second visit to PP, I went out to dinner with friends to La Balada. The service was excellent and the food although not the cheapest deal on the Pine Walk, was presented well and on a par with much more expensive restos in the south of France. We had three courses, good wines and I was so pleased with the cuisine that I returned a few days later for lunch. It is pleasant to be remembered on your return. On both occasions Lunch and evening the restaurant was busy though not crowded. Languages spoken Spanish French German English all of which nationalities were present during my visits,

liz d 23-06-2010 17:45

Sounds nice, not sure i know this restaurant, can you give a few more details.
Thanks
LIZ:)

Linguist 24-06-2010 22:33

La Balada del Agua Del Mar

Address is 5 Paseo Vora Mar .
You will recognise it by the large fig tree that shades the terrace. You will find tables for about 18 on the terrace with about 24 inside.
Phone to book a table is advisable in high season. 971 86 42 76

Rosie34 29-06-2010 07:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linguist (Post 45714)
Address is 5 Paseo Vora Mar .
You will recognise it by the large fig tree that shades the terrace. You will find tables for about 18 on the terrace with about 24 inside.
Phone to book a table is advisable in high season. 971 86 42 76

Is this the one?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4138/...d33a3fdfa2.jpg

Rosie

Belladonna 29-06-2010 09:37

Well done Rosie! NOW I recognise it! We have wandered past this many times but never really observed that it is infact a restaurant! I know! Always in the back of my mind something has clicked about there being table cloths on the tables etc, but usually there have not been any customers there as its usually out of season that we wander that way. THIS year we are out in September, so will be sure to have a look in.

Sparky 29-06-2010 10:11

Yes thanks Rosie, i had never seen or heard the name before unfortuneately seeing the cat sunbathing on a table has put me off dining there. :eek::eek:

willywonka 29-06-2010 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 45917)
Yes thanks Rosie, i had never seen or heard the name before unfortuneately seeing the cat sunbathing on a table has put me off dining there. :eek::eek:

As a resident you should know by now that seeing the cat alive and well outside a restaurant is a good sign

clinkham 29-06-2010 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 45917)

Don't think the cat is a permanent fixture. The (I presume) owner, an elderly gent, has been there for as long as we have been going to PP. He was confined to a wheelchair when we passed last week. The surrounding eateries have gone through several reincarnations over the years, but this one seems be in a bit of a time warp.

sws97sdg 29-06-2010 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by willywonka (Post 45920)
As a resident you should know by now that seeing the cat alive and well outside a restaurant is a good sign

Especially a big fat happy looking cat like that one

Sparky 29-06-2010 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by willywonka (Post 45920)

That may well be true willy and i am sure the food is good but i do have an aversion to cats, hence my comment :).

sws97sdg 29-06-2010 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 45923)
That may well be true willy and i am sure the food is good but i do have an aversion to cats, hence my comment :).

I'm sure they have other things on the menu Sparky

Sparky 29-06-2010 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 45924)
I'm sure they have other things on the menu Sparky

Very funny SWS, now behave yourself ;);).
To get back on topic, can anyone tell us what sort of food is served here. I am sure a few members would like to know. :D

Gommar Goffer 29-06-2010 13:57

I remember when this was still a house and then overnight tables and chairs and a menu appeared outside - I am sure back then they were just cooking in their original kitchen!

Rosie34 29-06-2010 14:59

LOLs :D:D- I knew the cat on the table would strike a few funny bones!!!!!

If nobody does before, I'll take a photo of the menu in October if you can wait that long. I do recall it seemed quite expensive but we may give it a try.

Belladonna 29-06-2010 15:26

Googled a few sites and it seems that it is generally thought of as being mainly a very good fish based restaurant - hence the cat probably!
Would this be a fair assumption Rosie?