Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   REVIEW: Hotel Miramar - Terrible lunch (Pine Walk) (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/6148-hotel-miramar-terrible-lunch-pine-walk.html)

AMBER 21-06-2010 16:12

Hotel Miramar - Terrible lunch (Pine Walk)

Hello All,
This is my first post, I have read the rules and hope I do a good job. I have followed this forum for the past 2 months & have just returned from a 2 week holiday in Pollensa, our first ever visit.

On the whole eating out with our 2yr old was fantastic BUT I have one exception which was so bad I wanted to write a review. I will of course try and add some positive reviews too but at a later date and between looking after my daughter!

On our 13th day we ate lunch at the Hotel Miramar along Pine Walk. It was beyond terrible. The 2 waiters was miserable and despite our basic Spanish (we always try really hard!) they took no interest in us at all. No smiles and I think they spoke just one or two words to us the whole time. The food was utter tosh! The Tapas was tinned. Yes, TINNED meatballs! TINNED mushrooms and a stupid mountain on a dinner plate of Patatas Bravas with Thousand Island dressing dripped on top! Enough for 6 or more people! They were just horrible and no sight of the advertised "spicy tomato sauce". No bread arrived as requested. No side plates to share the food, as requested.

We explained to the waiter that the food just was not good and we did not want to eat it but he just did not understand....

This is a good 3 star hotel with a lovely website. I would love to know what went wrong as something does not add up.

We did not leave a tip, we did not eat the food but we do believe this could have been a one off....

Amber, 31 from Essex.

Belladonna 21-06-2010 16:47

How terrible for you Amber, and you must feel pretty strongly about it to make it your first post! As you say, you also had good times out, so I really hope they outweighed the bad. When on holiday with a 2 year old, you really don't need any extra problems regarding food do you!?
Look forward to reading your positive reviews, thanks for taking the time!

SummerSun 22-06-2010 08:49

We had lunch in the Miramar in July 2008 and although I only had an omelette, it was very poorly presented. There was only a rather flat looking omelette sitting on the plate, no salad or anything else. Needless to say we have never gone back. So many other restaurants to choose from.:)

kate1 22-06-2010 10:37

Have never eaten at the Miramar but know exactly what you mean about the staff - in the fifteen years we have been going I'm not sure I've ever seen one crack a smile. A pity, because it is a lovely location and a great place to sit and have a coffee. We have pretty much given up on it because of the atmosphere and would far rather walk further along to the Bahia for a drink (plus the food is really good as well!)

BonysLad 22-06-2010 20:00

Amber,

Say it as it is , that's the whole point of the Forum . Not good enough and you would have done a whole lot better at the Joker, Cafe Illya etc etc on the front . There are loads of places here where you can eat front line , reasonably without being subjected to indifference .

Don't give up on the postings , where else did you go ??

BonysLad :):)

Linguist 22-06-2010 23:26

Have never eaten at the Miramar but have visited there with friends who regularly return because of friendly polite and amenable service. It must be the same Miramar. Evening service on the terrace I found extremely good and would rate it very highly.

AMBER 24-06-2010 14:23

I am not surprised that not everyone has received such awful service. I do worry when a hotel or restaurant can get it that wrong.

I do think in order to provide a balance I will write a more positive review as we did have some fab food and 99% of all service was SUPER!!

I'll be back....Thanks guys Amber

Jimbo the Jambo 25-06-2010 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonysLad (Post 45591)
Amber,

Say it as it is , that's the whole point of the Forum . Not good enough and you would have done a whole lot better at the Joker, Cafe Illya etc etc on the front . There are loads of places here where you can eat front line , reasonably without being subjected to indifference .

Oh dear, again I find myself agreeing with you Bonny Laddie.

Joker was always our personal choice for breakie/lucnh and late drinks, but last year-15euros for two orange jucies..............hmmmm.

PP is just too expensive compared to the opposition within 3-5 hours flying time from the U.K. (apart from France!).

p.s. My favorite place is Brisa Marina, if you are in there - please pass my regards to Fransisco, the ultimate proffessional (he won't have a clue who I am but who cares).

jimbo

eleanor 26-06-2010 14:37

Jimbo did you buy the tree the oranges grow on too? lol

Where ever did you go to be charged that amount of money?

Jimbo the Jambo 08-07-2010 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonysLad (Post 45591)
Amber,

BL,

Whilst I agree with the gist of your post, At Joker last may, two fresh orange drinks cost 15 euros or £15.00 in funny money. That could buy you a haunch of haggis at home.

I just don't think the front line offers any kind of value for money, agreed others do in the back streets etc.

My spys are out there and will report back soon.

best wishes to you, (told you Netherlands would win the WC).

jimbo

its cd 08-07-2010 20:50

Something wrong there re the fresh oranges

We snack in the Joker regularly and do comment that the fresh orange is expensive ( but gorgeous )

But we don;t pay 7.50 each we pay about 3

I can definitely tell you we paid about 3 euros last May, last November and this April and expect to only pay about 3 next week .... I will make a point of checking and posting on my return

Gommar Goffer 08-07-2010 22:47

It's the G & T s in between that do the damage!!

Canbalache 09-07-2010 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbo the Jambo (Post 46425)
BL,

Whilst I agree with the gist of your post, At Joker last may, two fresh orange drinks cost 15 euros or £15.00 in funny money. That could buy you a haunch of haggis at home.

I just don't think the front line offers any kind of value for money, agreed others do in the back streets etc.

My spys are out there and will report back soon.

best wishes to you, (told you Netherlands would win the WC).

jimbo

Yeh lets here it for the back streets :D:D:D PS dont miss our world cup party on Sunday

onceroundthemarina 09-07-2010 15:41

miramar

Have to agree with those who were not happy with the meal or service, went for a lunch, absolutely disgusting, everything cold and swimming in oil, and the service was shocking. We decided to try again a couple of weeks later,as I think anyone can have a bad day....anyway went for dinner, ali oli was like garlic butter in a dish, bread was stale, salad was warm! Got to the main, I had frito, again really oily, hubby had chicken which was'nt cooked and very pink inside, we did complain and refused to pay for the meal and was asked to leave as they did'nt want trouble makers in their hotel!! Needless to say have not been near since although love most places on the Pine Walk, their loss, please do not think that this is the norm....it so isn't and thank you for taking the time to share your experience....but if you can do do do go back..

Portofan 09-07-2010 17:10

Having read Amber's post to start this topic and that today of onceroundthemarina, I must express some surprise.:confused:

We stayed twice in the Miramar in 2008, never had lunch that I can recall and on each visit had dinner on a couple of occasions.Always happy with the food, wines and drinks served in the bar.

Find it hard to believe that the Tapas lunch could have been as bad as was described, and I am sure that if the matter had been drawn to the attention of the Sastre family who are often on the reception desk, matters could have been resolved in a more satisfactory manner altogether .

Same comments would apply re today's post. Refusal to pay would not have been the way I'd have tried to resolve matters.:eek: