Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Advice needed please! - Anniversary Meal (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/6123-advice-needed-please-anniversary-meal.html)

kate1 14-06-2010 11:05

Advice needed please! - Anniversary Meal

For the first time ever we are going to be in PP this August - during the last week, to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary (gulp!) We racked our brains for somewhere nice to go but in the end decided nowhere was nicer than PP, even though we go there twice a year anyway.... Obviously we want to have a really lovely meal out while we are there - does anyone have any suggestions? We know most restaurants but have only seen them when they are relatively peaceful, and have never had to book. For those who know the port at its busiest, and hottest, where would you recommend? We don't want somewhere too noisy, or where we are pressured to leave our table as soon as we have finished eating. Doesn't necessarily have to have a view - a lovely courtyard garden would be just as good. Hopefully we will have a babysitter for that evening so we will be child-free and eating late! Also, how far in advance would we have to reserve a table?

Sparky 14-06-2010 11:24

The courtyard garden in O'Lume would be perfect.;)

PaulB 14-06-2010 11:42

The upstairs terrace at Los Pescadores. Good food overlooking the beach and sea towards the (relatively quiet) end of the Pine Walk. Not the most expensive restaurant but feels somewhat special on a warm evening. :) I would suggest you book a couple of days in advance for a terrace table, but obviously the sooner the better.

Enjoy yourself! :D

debz1 14-06-2010 11:43

Los Zarzales has a beautiful courtyard and sometimes live music. Perfect for a special celebration!

You would need to book though!

Canbalache 14-06-2010 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulB (Post 45227)
The upstairs terrace at Los Pescadores. Good food overlooking the beach and sea towards the (relatively quiet) end of the Pine Walk. Not the most expensive restaurant but feels somewhat special on a warm evening. :) I would suggest you book a couple of days in advance for a terrace table, but obviously the sooner the better.

Enjoy yourself! :D

I have to agree with paulb the setting is second to none we ate there on our anniversary last August absolutley superb:):)

snowy2007 14-06-2010 14:06

You will get lots of advice as each has there own best restruant for me I would go along with Sparky and Debz O'Lume where Jamie will treat you like a queen with great service and food. Los Zarzales where Yolanda will fuss over you all night to make it a night to remember and once again great food the courtyard here is wonderful.
Its make your mind up time very soon, please report back. :)

liz d 14-06-2010 16:26

What about this for something to remeber

Yacht Charter in Mallorca - Home Page - Day Charter Majorca, Puerto Pollensa

Sunset cruise, 5 -8.30 with drinks and tapas, i'm sure they could arange some cava to get the evening going!!

Click on prices for a few more details.:). Thinks i was quite surprised at the price last year, about 35 euro i think

Belladonna 14-06-2010 16:50

Can Cuarassa every time! Go there first to choose your table - there are lots of alternative views, both inside and out for you to choose from, then reserve it. Can't beat it for a celebration meal in my opinion!

kate1 14-06-2010 17:00

Yet again the forum comes up trumps - these are all great suggestions. I suspect we may end up going for Los Zarzales as it seems to be the place of the moment - but I also want to try Los Pescadores so will definitely be paying a visit there too.

The yacht charter is a fabulous idea though - something that had never occurred to me... will definitely give that some serious thought... Thank you everyone!

BonysLad 14-06-2010 21:06

Kate,

All great suggestions , but if you want the total package one of the best tables waterside at Stay would be hard to beat. You don't have to go MDD and could "push the boat out " and go a la carte at Stay. If you get a table by the water on a lovely evening you can't beat it . Had me birthday meal there a week ago and it was a great dining experience ( whole package taken into account ). If you want to eat in this place get yourself to a place where you can enjoy the bay . Personally love Zarzales, O'Lume etc etc but it's about ambience .

To watch that sunset over the bay is worth 10 Euros of anyone's money extra .

Send me a p.m. , if you fancy it , cos will get you one of their best tables for a twentieth anniversary !!!

BonysLad ( on a life sentence !!! ) :):)

eleanor 14-06-2010 21:18

BonysLad , you are so nice and kind!

Actually you have sold me with your post! And I agree with you - just wonderful! I'm sure Kate will love it.

BonysLad 14-06-2010 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by eleanor (Post 45298)
BonysLad , you are so nice and kind!

Eleanor,

I know and couldn't agree more . Thanks for showering me with love on my Birthday , last week.

Seriously though , if you are here in this lovely place you have to look over the bay , sure you can probably do a " courtyard " at the Fat Duck or the Ivy , but hell, you are actually looking at one of the finest views in the Med , so make the most of it , IMO.

Have seen some of the finest sunsets around the world but I reckon that one on my birthday last week beat 'em all. Perfect evening looking over towards Mal Pas .

No brainer , IMO

BonysLad :):):)

eleanor 14-06-2010 22:02

LOL BL

You are so right! Aren't we all so very lucky to have found PP? Fantastic place!

Gommar Goffer 14-06-2010 23:03

Out of curiosity and still with a PP theme;) I would love to ask all you much travelled peps if this is the best view in the world or the best restaurant in the world and if not how much does it cost to go wherever it is?

BonysLad 15-06-2010 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer (Post 45312)
Out of curiosity and still with a PP theme;) I would love to ask all you much travelled peps if this is the best view in the world or the best restaurant in the world and if not how much does it cost to go wherever it is?

Gommar,

Well not quite like looking at the Taj Mahal, Grand Canyon, Sydney Harbour Bridge but still pretty nice .

MDD is 33 Euros for three courses , wine , water and coffee.

Lot think it's dear but in most places here you'd spend 50 euros per couple so the marginal extra cost is well worth paying on a fine summer's evening overlooking the bay , IMO

BonysLad :):)

Belladonna 15-06-2010 10:01

Isn't there a problem sometimes though with the small boats tied up close by restricting the view?

kate1 15-06-2010 15:14

Ohhhh.... I just can't decide! You've made them all sound really tempting!

How lucky we are to have so much choice though. I think we've narrowed it down to La Llonja or Stay - as you say, BL, you can't beat those sunsets - and then we'll go to Los Zarzales when the kids are with us (they don't appreciate views). We are over for a week so will hopefully be able to try Los Pescadores as well.

Thank you everyone for all your help and great suggestions.

Rachel23 15-06-2010 17:18

Oh just reading BL's posts is making me wish I was there and not in the office, so I think to cheer myself up this afternoon I will get my week in PP for September sorted... and i think i will have to get my bf to read some of these posts give him some ideas for when were over hehe :)

liz d 15-06-2010 18:49

Stay Restaurant

View the menu del dia, by clicking above.

I'm having the smoked salmon, followed by the cod with garlic and thyme. How about you?........if only, ready meal in the micro after a late finish!!

bigbob 15-06-2010 21:11

How about a couple of pints and and a Kebab from the Taj...........

pescador2009 15-06-2010 21:50

27 euros at La Llonja or 33 euros at Stay for their Weekly Standard Menu (with a good range of choice) represents really, really good value. Great views from both, either upper level (inside or out on first floor) at La Llonja or Terrace level (inside or out, so covered for a cool or even a rainy evening - shouldn't be too many of these) at Stay. Don't forget Tango which also has great views of the Bay (if on more of a budget) or C'an Curassa - Stay's sister restauant on the way to Alcudia (a taxi ride). Los Zarzales, O'Lume, El Posito, Pescadores, C'an Josep (and many others) all excellent, but if it's for a special meal why look at a wall in a courtyard which might just be quiet on the night... the views of the bay and the mountains are really why you come to P.P. If choosing La Llonja do book and do try and choose a table with a good view. If choosing Stay do the same, pop along a previous evening to look where the boats moor, you don't want a spoiled view. There is a lot of good food in P.P., that's why it is so difficult to choose.
Enjoy your evening and choose where you think suits you best, good luck.

Belladonna 15-06-2010 23:33

How can you not put Can Cuarassa on the short list!? Have a look at their website and tell me you are not tempted!

Can Cuarassa Restaurant

kate1 16-06-2010 09:51

Do you know, for some reason I've had a downer on Can Cuarassa - for no good reason, as we've had some lovely meals there, probably better than the Stay, but for some reason we always ended up going there when it was cold and wet outside, and I always associate it in my mind's eye with looking out at a grey and windswept bay... Also it doesn't have a terrace at the front, only at the back, so if you want to sit outside you don't have the view of the sea. And given the choice I would always prefer to sit outside. But you're absolutely right, the location is great, not to mention the food. I must get over my mental block about it and give it another try!

Belladonna 16-06-2010 11:44

Totally understand Kate, we all have a restaurant that just doesn't "do" it for us. Mine is Stay!! I agree about it not being the right choice if you want to look at the bay though, but for a lovely indoor setting - or garden setting, excellent service and food, and if your romantic meal is taken up with staring into each others eyes and talking over the last however many years - then CC is for you! ;)
I'm sure what ever restaurant you choose out of all the recommendations will be perfect for your special evening.

BonysLad 17-06-2010 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belladonna (Post 45336)
Isn't there a problem sometimes though with the small boats tied up close by restricting the view?

Bella,

Would have thought with your heels you'd see over the Titanic !!!!:D

No, they're just little RIBs

Kate ,

Wise choice, if you're worried about booking send me a p.m. with the details and I'll sort it for you .

Belladonna 17-06-2010 11:01

Dead man walking - or not, if I'm wearing them at the time I see him again!

I do have to say though at lunch times they do restrict the view, and the loading and unloading of air tanks etc is a little distracting from the longed for peace and quiet and lovely views that you get when they are not there. BUT I am NOT starting an argument about it at all, its just a little bit more "feedback"!;)

snowy2007 17-06-2010 14:31

Bella in your heels not easy walking on those planks of wood with gaps.

Sparky 17-06-2010 15:32

Can we please keep this on topic guys, thanks.:)

jiggggy 17-06-2010 15:37

Stay or the chartered yacht (Tudor Dawn) would be my reccomendation. Stay has got to be the best view in the port.
And the Tudor Dawn is just brill. You can even have a swim off the side whilst Simon and Susie cook your meal.

BonysLad 17-06-2010 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belladonna (Post 45440)
Dead man walking - or not, if I'm wearing them at the time I see him again!

Bella,

You've obviously never dined with me there , Babe .

Looking into my limpet blue/grey eyes and then across the bay you'd never had forgotten it !!!!!

Sparky,

Chill out girl !!! Wait til you see me World Cup "get up" in JK's tomorrow night

ENGERLAND !!!!!!!!!!

BonysLad :D:D:D

Sparky 17-06-2010 22:53

BL , i am very chilled thanks. Will talk tomorrow but for now as i have asked (nicely) can we keep this on topic, ie:- Anniversary meal. ;)

BonysLad 18-06-2010 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 45467)
BL , i am very chilled thanks. Will talk tomorrow but for now as i have asked (nicely) can we keep this on topic, ie:- Anniversary meal. ;)

sorry Sparky,

The tension of the big match tonight has got to me !!!

MoMike 18-06-2010 21:26

Mine isn't an anniversary (wedding that is) it's my 60th b/day celebration in early July (thought b/day is 28th). We've gone for La Llonja. Just need to book it.

suemo 19-06-2010 20:40

We celebrate our Wedding Anniversary every year in PP. This year we went to the Bahia Hotel for our meal. The setting is fantastic, got a beach table (on the new terrace they have built). The food was fantastic (as always) and the view was unbelievable, watching the sunset.

Suemo x.

blue1970 20-06-2010 08:37

Have special memories of the Bahia,enjoying a fantastic meal whilst watching our 3 yr old daughter play on the beach. One of the many reasons we first fell in love with pp.
Unrivaled setting,literally sat right on the beach edge,and great food. Had one of the thickest fillet steaks ever there (I swear it was still mooing) it melted in my mouth.
I am now drooling all over my keyboard. Just 4 more weeks to wait. Will be checking out the new terrace at Hostel Bahia.

kate1 20-06-2010 09:31

You're so right about the Bahia - hadn't thought about it in connection with our anniversary meal, but maybe I should have done! We ate there for the first time in April and were really impressed - had a seafood paella which was great and heard several other diners raving about the freshness of their fish. They also had a short list of cocktails which, naturally, we sampled... excellent Mojito. A lot nicer than the cocktail bar further along (is it called the Capri?) which has its own little jetty but is always strongly redolent of rotting seaweed - not their fault, but not conducive to a romantic evening. This is definitely our favourite place to have a drink/coffee in PP and we end up going there most days in the early evening. There cannot be a nicer place to chill out while the kids play on the beach. Really friendly staff too.

BL, if we do decide on the Stay, I will PM you if I may re a reservation - husband is always keen to show off his Spanish by booking tables but it is a bit hit and miss - don't want to end up next to the toilets...

Sparky 20-06-2010 09:53

Kate i have another suggestion.........La Roca, they have a beautiful courtyard garden with water features, the food is fantastic and if you are there on a Friday or Saturday night they provide live Spanish music with accoustic guitars and singing. :D

slipalong & lola 20-06-2010 11:05

meal

Agree with Bonyslad 100%. Celebrated our 43rd at Stays two weeks ago. As good then as has been for the past 10 yrs. Special place.:D

easylife1 20-06-2010 15:16

Anniversary meal

Sparky

I've never heard of La Roca but it sounds lovely - please could the directions be put on the A to Z?

Thanks

Heather

Sparky 20-06-2010 15:32

Hi Heather, La Roca is in C/ Vicente Buades if you are coming from C/Juan XX111 you walk past Hyper Centro, Milar Electrical and it is on the same side and just a few doors along. Do try it, they speak good English and are very welcoming.:D