Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Advice needed please! - Anniversary Meal (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/6123-advice-needed-please-anniversary-meal.html)

kate1 14-06-2010 11:05

Advice needed please! - Anniversary Meal

For the first time ever we are going to be in PP this August - during the last week, to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary (gulp!) We racked our brains for somewhere nice to go but in the end decided nowhere was nicer than PP, even though we go there twice a year anyway.... Obviously we want to have a really lovely meal out while we are there - does anyone have any suggestions? We know most restaurants but have only seen them when they are relatively peaceful, and have never had to book. For those who know the port at its busiest, and hottest, where would you recommend? We don't want somewhere too noisy, or where we are pressured to leave our table as soon as we have finished eating. Doesn't necessarily have to have a view - a lovely courtyard garden would be just as good. Hopefully we will have a babysitter for that evening so we will be child-free and eating late! Also, how far in advance would we have to reserve a table?

Sparky 14-06-2010 11:24

The courtyard garden in O'Lume would be perfect.;)

PaulB 14-06-2010 11:42

The upstairs terrace at Los Pescadores. Good food overlooking the beach and sea towards the (relatively quiet) end of the Pine Walk. Not the most expensive restaurant but feels somewhat special on a warm evening. :) I would suggest you book a couple of days in advance for a terrace table, but obviously the sooner the better.

Enjoy yourself! :D

debz1 14-06-2010 11:43

Los Zarzales has a beautiful courtyard and sometimes live music. Perfect for a special celebration!

You would need to book though!

Canbalache 14-06-2010 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulB (Post 45227)
The upstairs terrace at Los Pescadores. Good food overlooking the beach and sea towards the (relatively quiet) end of the Pine Walk. Not the most expensive restaurant but feels somewhat special on a warm evening. :) I would suggest you book a couple of days in advance for a terrace table, but obviously the sooner the better.

Enjoy yourself! :D

I have to agree with paulb the setting is second to none we ate there on our anniversary last August absolutley superb:):)

snowy2007 14-06-2010 14:06

You will get lots of advice as each has there own best restruant for me I would go along with Sparky and Debz O'Lume where Jamie will treat you like a queen with great service and food. Los Zarzales where Yolanda will fuss over you all night to make it a night to remember and once again great food the courtyard here is wonderful.
Its make your mind up time very soon, please report back. :)

liz d 14-06-2010 16:26

What about this for something to remeber

Yacht Charter in Mallorca - Home Page - Day Charter Majorca, Puerto Pollensa

Sunset cruise, 5 -8.30 with drinks and tapas, i'm sure they could arange some cava to get the evening going!!

Click on prices for a few more details.:). Thinks i was quite surprised at the price last year, about 35 euro i think

Belladonna 14-06-2010 16:50

Can Cuarassa every time! Go there first to choose your table - there are lots of alternative views, both inside and out for you to choose from, then reserve it. Can't beat it for a celebration meal in my opinion!

kate1 14-06-2010 17:00

Yet again the forum comes up trumps - these are all great suggestions. I suspect we may end up going for Los Zarzales as it seems to be the place of the moment - but I also want to try Los Pescadores so will definitely be paying a visit there too.

The yacht charter is a fabulous idea though - something that had never occurred to me... will definitely give that some serious thought... Thank you everyone!

BonysLad 14-06-2010 21:06

Kate,

All great suggestions , but if you want the total package one of the best tables waterside at Stay would be hard to beat. You don't have to go MDD and could "push the boat out " and go a la carte at Stay. If you get a table by the water on a lovely evening you can't beat it . Had me birthday meal there a week ago and it was a great dining experience ( whole package taken into account ). If you want to eat in this place get yourself to a place where you can enjoy the bay . Personally love Zarzales, O'Lume etc etc but it's about ambience .

To watch that sunset over the bay is worth 10 Euros of anyone's money extra .

Send me a p.m. , if you fancy it , cos will get you one of their best tables for a twentieth anniversary !!!

BonysLad ( on a life sentence !!! ) :):)

eleanor 14-06-2010 21:18

BonysLad , you are so nice and kind!

Actually you have sold me with your post! And I agree with you - just wonderful! I'm sure Kate will love it.

BonysLad 14-06-2010 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by eleanor (Post 45298)
BonysLad , you are so nice and kind!

Eleanor,

I know and couldn't agree more . Thanks for showering me with love on my Birthday , last week.

Seriously though , if you are here in this lovely place you have to look over the bay , sure you can probably do a " courtyard " at the Fat Duck or the Ivy , but hell, you are actually looking at one of the finest views in the Med , so make the most of it , IMO.

Have seen some of the finest sunsets around the world but I reckon that one on my birthday last week beat 'em all. Perfect evening looking over towards Mal Pas .

No brainer , IMO

BonysLad :):):)

eleanor 14-06-2010 22:02

LOL BL

You are so right! Aren't we all so very lucky to have found PP? Fantastic place!

Gommar Goffer 14-06-2010 23:03

Out of curiosity and still with a PP theme;) I would love to ask all you much travelled peps if this is the best view in the world or the best restaurant in the world and if not how much does it cost to go wherever it is?

BonysLad 15-06-2010 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer (Post 45312)
Out of curiosity and still with a PP theme;) I would love to ask all you much travelled peps if this is the best view in the world or the best restaurant in the world and if not how much does it cost to go wherever it is?

Gommar,

Well not quite like looking at the Taj Mahal, Grand Canyon, Sydney Harbour Bridge but still pretty nice .

MDD is 33 Euros for three courses , wine , water and coffee.

Lot think it's dear but in most places here you'd spend 50 euros per couple so the marginal extra cost is well worth paying on a fine summer's evening overlooking the bay , IMO

BonysLad :):)