Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 09:47
Super Moderator

Default Hells Kitchen

We went to Hells Kitchen for lunch yesterday and it was fantastic.
I had the chefs home made pate to start and it was to die for, hubby had prawn cocktail, mains were, roast lamb for him and roast beef for me, there was loads of meat and the veggies were cooked just as i like them (some places serve them far too crunchy for me) and the roast potatoes were the best i have had. We had a bottle of wine, coffees and also had a couple of drinks at the bar. The service was excellent and the bill was €40 which was very good value.
Thank you Ian and staff, you will see us again.
Old 05-04-2010, 15:43

That really does sound like good value. Do you think the prices are likely to increase by the end of May? Hell's Kitchen is on my list!
Old 06-04-2010, 10:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by mearsy View Post
That really does sound like good value. Do you think the prices are likely to increase by the end of May? Hell's Kitchen is on my list!
We went for the 1st time in February and have to agree with Sparky the quality was excellent and very good value for money, also very friendly waiter and chef. I did notice though that the price for the inclusive meal was cheaper than during the summer last year.

Whatever the price, it's on our list for a few visits on our next holiday. The name had always put us off trying in the past but don't let that put you off.
Old 06-04-2010, 17:38

Is this an independent like the Hell's Kitchen in Canada, or is it part of the chain?

I keep seeing chains pop-up even though the name was in use long before the show/chain started?
Old 06-04-2010, 17:48
Super Moderator

I don't know about the one in Canada but this one is owned by Ian the chef.
Old 07-04-2010, 17:38

Yeah I'm pretty sure there's a few independents scattered about and the publicity/business they are getting is far more interesting than and fuss over who had the name first..
Old 07-04-2010, 20:13

Sara I think the name Hells Kitchen is associated more with Gordon Ramsey and a tv programme in the UK of the same name than a chain of restaurants in Canada. Having said that, Gordon has nothing to do with this particlar restaurant.... as far as I'm aware!
Old 07-04-2010, 22:31

Debs,

Hells Kitchen is actually an area of New York which stretches from 37th to 54th Street and from 8th Ave to the Hudson. For many years frequented by low lifes ( Think "Gangs of New York " ) and , like most of mid town Manhatten was gentrified and became very trendy ( and super dollars !!! ). Loads of trendy eating places there now which I think where the name for the TV programme and the restaurant in PP probably came from.

BonysLad
Old 07-04-2010, 22:43

Thumbs up

Just had another fabulous meal in Hells Kitchen tonight!
Superb tomato & basil soup followed by fillet of duck (rare) accompanied by fresh vegetables (al dente) sauted potatoes with onions and a gorgeous sweet/sour sauce. Fantastic!

Third meal there this visit and food, service and ambiance cannot be faulted.

Who cares where the name originated from? It certainly gets people talking and once they have sampled the food it's never forgotten!

Well done Ian! Keep up the good work & hang on to Gary! He's worth his weight in gold.

See you next month!
Old 08-04-2010, 09:54

sounds like heavens kitchen for ex pats, hope locals frequent it too
Old 08-04-2010, 10:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray View Post
sounds like heavens kitchen for ex pats, hope locals frequent it too
They would get a pleasant surprise if they did. The food is not typically 'English' and i'm sure would appeal to all who enjoy good cuisine.
Old 02-06-2010, 16:10

Thumbs up Superb as Always!

Went out to dinner with 2 friends last night to Hells Kitchen and at the risk of sounding like a 'stuck' record I have to say yet again that it was absolutely superb!

We arrived around 8.30pm to find the terrace already full and quite a few tables occupied inside also. However, Gary ( as welcoming as ever) soon found us a table. In spite of the fact that he was very busy he still found time to ask how we were etc. and what we had been up to.
After a respectable wait which we passed by sharing a bottle of very palatable rosado, olives, pan and ali oli we placed our orders.
We ordered 1 x leak & potato soup and 2 x Thai beef salads for starters.
Enormous portions and absolutely delicious. We feared we would not have enough room for anything else but it was too good to leave.

I had recommended the fillet of duck to my friends having enjoyed it so much on my previous visit and all three of us ordered this for our main course.
We were not disappointed! SUPERB is the only word to describe it.

Definitely no room for a desert.

Many thanks Ian for yet another excellent meal and of course our thanks to Gary for attending to us so professionally. Will most definitely be back again before we leave.
Old 02-06-2010, 20:09

Gina,

We must have been co-diners last night and how I agree with you about the duck. One of the best plated cooked meals we have had for yonks and ignoring the duck ( which we shouldn't ) the veg were cooked to perfection.

You must have turned up after Bonyladette's hic cup attack had ceased . We had had pre prandials at Bony's ( a term clearly understood by Jose ) but BLT will insist on drinking her Vodka & Tonic thru a straw. Told her a hundred times that it encourages wind through the gastric system but I might as well talk to a brick wall !!!!

" Try holding your breath for four hours " I suggested but don't think she appreciated the kindness behind the suggestion and the remark didn't really add to the overall dining experience we had !!!!

Anyway back to Hell's .

Ashamed to say that we had never been til last night for all the years we have been here. It's loved by many Brits and I can now see why . Was going to do a full review on it but you pipped me to it.

What is great about the place is that each plate is cooked individually and you are no way ripped off in any shape or form. We really need a category on this website for QPE ( quality per euro ) and Hell's would be high up on it .

Forget the tourist traps , it might not be the most glamorous spot in town but it delivers , big time .

Really enjoyed the devilled whitebait for starters ( BLT had the Thai Beef , like you ) .

Did also manage a capuccino brulee ( My worldwide dish along with bread for judging good food ) and it was very, very good.

Where you there when I got the b*ll**k**g ?

You step outside for a nano second for a smoko and all hell breaks loose !!!!
You can spend an hour outside of Sirocco and not a word is said !!!

Wimmin, never understand 'em !!!

Big thumbs up to He'lls though .

Glad you enjoyed your meal

BonysLad
Old 02-06-2010, 20:14

Great post as normal, did you pay by card ???.Last one !!
Just back from Bonnie Scotland had a great time to much Red and Malts.
Old 02-06-2010, 20:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy2007 View Post
Great post as normal, did you pay by card ???.Last one !!
Just back from Bonnie Scotland had a great time to much Red and Malts.
No mate,

You know me, any opportunity to launder cash out here !!!!

Glad you got back from Scotland OK and had a good time

Did Jimbo ask you to Glen Eagles for a nice meal ???

( No, thought not !!!! ).

Take care mi amigo

BonysLad