Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-05-2010, 18:41

Default 8 Days of Eating

1st night Brisa Marina
Starters, whitebait for me & mussles for oh,
Mains, monkfish & prawn kebab for wife I had shoulder of lamb,
Good location relaxed atmosphere the 2 francisco’s are great, very attentive but not in your face just love this place also good value.
Bill 55€

2nd night O’lume
starters, wife seafood frito me prawns in garlic
mains, lamb chops for her iberico pork medallions for me
overall disappointed the food was fine but still no atmosphere, location not that impressive thought they would have looked at frontline when moving after all that time in the back streets
Bill 75€

3rd night Los Zarzales
starters,mine broad beans with ham & sausage wifes seafood stuffed peppers
mains, suckling pig for me wife went for cod with pepper crust,
the suckling pig was spot on, courtyards not open yet not that many diners but an still an enjoyable experience
Bill 80€

4th night Los Pescadores
Tuna salad & chiperones to start
sea bass john dory for mains
food very good (tuna salad starter was huge) location fantastic view to die for (are you paying attention o’lume)
Bill 70€

5th night Can Balache
Only noticed this place when eating next door at zarzales and spotted their tapas menu, shared meatballs, chilli & garlic prawns, spicy noodle cakes, frito balache & chorizo in red wine really nice food, lovely little place friendly relaxed atmosphere run by an English couple.
Bill 35€

6th night Brisa again set menu
14,90€ per head excellent as always not a frozen veg in sight

7th night La Llonja
set menu
seafood frito & mushroom risotto starters beef stirfry & pork stuffed with dried fruits for mains
service 1st class superb location food ok
27€ per head

Last day breakfast at Can Balache 2 of everything with mug of coffee 6€ set us up nicely for the return home.

All meals were with desserts a bottle of wine beer coffee & liqueres

We have been coming to the port for a number of years the resort was quieter than we have ever known it and a little bit shabby in places but still very enjoyable for us,
And the find of the week was Can Balache run by Tony & Bev been open a couple of years pretty little bar with a nice terrace and very reasonably priced non complicated food if you have the chance give them a try we will definitely be calling in on our next visit
Sponsored Links
Old 23-05-2010, 16:23

I must admit Brisa Marina is a favorite of mine very good value for money and as you say a great location and very friendly staff
Old 24-05-2010, 09:04

Interesting review - I too agree that Brisa Marina is always really good value - the lentil soup and potage soup are gorgeous and their fresh fish is always very very fresh. And another great review for Los Zarzales - this place is obviously right back up there this year so will have to give it a try at last.
Old 24-05-2010, 19:50

Thanks Willywonka for a great review. Must admit that I've always thought that La Llonga would be more expensive than that - must try it in July.

The two Fanciscos really do make Brisa Marina, and as you say always reliable. Zarzales keeps getting good reviews - we loved it two weeks ago. So pleased that a favourite has been restored to former glory.

Why does O'Lume so polarise opinion? I can't persuade my wife into the new place because she didn't enjoy the old....but I'll keep trying!

The place is still quiet then. What's the prediction for the school holidays?

Duncan
Old 24-05-2010, 22:46

Disorderly
You must go its smashing thats O'Lume and Jamies got a very nice terrace which I would think is now open the food is as good as ever.
Old 24-05-2010, 22:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disorderly View Post
Thanks Willywonka for a great review. Must admit that I've always thought that La Llonga would be more expensive than that - must try it in July.

The two Fanciscos really do make Brisa Marina, and as you say always reliable. Zarzales keeps getting good reviews - we loved it two weeks ago. So pleased that a favourite has been restored to former glory.

Why does O'Lume so polarise opinion? I can't persuade my wife into the new place because she didn't enjoy the old....but I'll keep trying!

The place is still quiet then. What's the prediction for the school holidays?

Duncan
Thanks for the comments Duncan I too always expected La Llonja to be more expensive,if you dine from the main menu then a lot more expensive the set menu is good value considering the location,standard of decor etc. and the menu changes weekly. 20euros less than our bill in O'lume I rest my case

Last edited by willywonka; 24-05-2010 at 23:01.