Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-05-2010, 19:28

Default Perfecto, Ca'l Patro - Cala San Vicente

I'm in need of a few brownie points which is why we have ended up ,halfway down the steps at CSV on the terrace at Ca'l Patrowaiting for our Sunday lunch overlooking the sea which is bluer than a Roy Chubby Brown joke.

It all started five weeks ago when BonyLadette despatched me out of the frontdoor with the words " And don't comeback until those scissors are sharpened !!! " ringing in me lugholes. Apparently, according to something called Hello, which she reads avidly , all the top celebs carry around their personal pair of hairdressing scissors so what's good for the goose....

Well they need sharpening so round I traipse to all the ferraterias to see who sharpens knives ??? No luck but end up with instructions in Spanish from a nice lady in the kitchen supply shop on how to get to the knifegrinder's home in Inca. Well , I've been on some wild goose chases in my life but this takes the biscuit. So back I come after two hours to the shop where the lady takes pity on me and rings the guy who will pick them up .

Problem solved, so I think .

I have popped round every other day for four weeks as every little misdemeanour gets greeted with " You had better not have forgotten those scissors !!!! ". Joy, oh joy then to receive a phone call last Friday morning which was incomprehensible to me but I thought I knew what it was. Once again round I pop to the shop to be greeted by the shoplady in some distress . No idea what she is on about so drag my mate Fran, who is passing to translate.

Hard to believe but the knifegrinder's van has been nicked and although, the Guardia Civil know the villains, there is no trace of the van including BLT's scissors so it's an insurance job. They should string these people up, it's the only language they understand, guv !!!!

So BLT not in the best of moods. After market today on what must be the most perfect Sunday of the year so far I decide to treat her to Sunday lunch . When we turn up at Ca'l Patroall the terrace tables are taken so reluctanctly have to settle a little inside but, perhaps it was our perseverance cos within two minutes they had managed to squueze us in on the lovely little terrace overlooking the steps and the sea.

We started off with plates of fried green peppers and fried baby squid which were just fantastic. Then onto lambchops accompanied by the loveliest tumbet imaginable. The fish looked superb, which is what most of our fellow diners (all locals) were having but for some unimaginable reason we tend to stick to meat for Sunday lunch. For afters I had creme brulee and BLT ice cream. We washed it all down with a great bottle of house red ( Mallorcan Negra) . Total bill , with water, was around 70 Euros.

Really loved this place , the situation, the food and the friendly staff made it a meal to remember . Will definitely make the effort now to drive over one evening for dinner.

Highly, highly recommended IMO.

As BLT's demeanour improved I did buck up courage to mutter " Shame about those scissors !!! "

Her reply

" Don't worry BonysLad , can always pick up another pair in El Corte Ingles, this week !!!! "

WIMMIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BonysLad
Sponsored Links
Old 23-05-2010, 19:34

Ha Ha.

I must admit Pollensa town has never really been our bag and despite all the fantastic reviews on here about the restaurants in Pollensa we have never managed to find anything outwith the main square.

Where/what is the Scottish??? restaurant?
Old 23-05-2010, 19:37

Rab,

You been on the electric soup, mate ???

This was Cala San Vicenze , blimey be a high tide if I was overlooking the sea in Pollenca Town !!!!!

BonysLad
Old 23-05-2010, 19:41

My you know how to treat a lady " I would not give you brownie points for that"

Old 23-05-2010, 19:57

Snowy,

Yeah , and if that had been your Postman Pat's big red van NASA could have tracked it from outer space !!!!

BonysLad
Old 23-05-2010, 20:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonysLad View Post
I'm in need of a few brownie points which is why we have ended up ,halfway down the steps at CSV on the terrace at Ca'l Patrowaiting for our Sunday lunch overlooking the sea which is bluer than a Roy Chubby Brown joke.

It all started five weeks ago when BonyLadette despatched me out of the frontdoor with the words " And don't comeback until those scissors are sharpened !!! " ringing in me lugholes. Apparently, according to something called Hello, which she reads avidly , all the top celebs carry around their personal pair of hairdressing scissors so what's good for the goose....

Well they need sharpening so round I traipse to all the ferraterias to see who sharpens knives ??? No luck but end up with instructions in Spanish from a nice lady in the kitchen supply shop on how to get to the knifegrinder's home in Inca. Well , I've been on some wild goose chases in my life but this takes the biscuit. So back I come after two hours to the shop where the lady takes pity on me and rings the guy who will pick them up .

Problem solved, so I think .

I have popped round every other day for four weeks as every little misdemeanour gets greeted with " You had better not have forgotten those scissors !!!! ". Joy, oh joy then to receive a phone call last Friday morning which was incomprehensible to me but I thought I knew what it was. Once again round I pop to the shop to be greeted by the shoplady in some distress . No idea what she is on about so drag my mate Fran, who is passing to translate.

Hard to believe but the knifegrinder's van has been nicked and although, the Guardia Civil know the villains, there is no trace of the van including BLT's scissors so it's an insurance job. They should string these people up, it's the only language they understand, guv !!!!

So BLT not in the best of moods. After market today on what must be the most perfect Sunday of the year so far I decide to treat her to Sunday lunch . When we turn up at Ca'l Patroall the terrace tables are taken so reluctanctly have to settle a little inside but, perhaps it was our perseverance cos within two minutes they had managed to squueze us in on the lovely little terrace overlooking the steps and the sea.

We started off with plates of fried green peppers and fried baby squid which were just fantastic. Then onto lambchops accompanied by the loveliest tumbet imaginable. The fish looked superb, which is what most of our fellow diners (all locals) were having but for some unimaginable reason we tend to stick to meat for Sunday lunch. For afters I had creme brulee and BLT ice cream. We washed it all down with a great bottle of house red ( Mallorcan Negra) . Total bill , with water, was around 70 Euros.

Really loved this place , the situation, the food and the friendly staff made it a meal to remember . Will definitely make the effort now to drive over one evening for dinner.

Highly, highly recommended IMO.

As BLT's demeanour improved I did buck up courage to mutter " Shame about those scissors !!! "

Her reply

" Don't worry BonysLad , can always pick up another pair in El Corte Ingles, this week !!!! "

WIMMIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great review BL! We call this place the 'paella belly' place as years ago we had the most delicious and enormous one there. We were so full when we left and just about managed to staggered to the beach where we had to make dents in the sand for our paella bellies to go in

I dread to think what BLT will cut off when she eventually gets her scissors
Old 23-05-2010, 20:29

Yet another fantastic review/story BL! JUst read it out to OH and he
is almost spitting feathers with envy and said thats one you are to take us to in September if you please! Paella Belly Debz! It just gets better! No idea where this place is so look forward to it!
Old 24-05-2010, 08:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post

I dread to think what BLT will cut off when she eventually gets her scissors
Scissors?, Snip ??

What an insult , Deborah !!!!

It's when she get's the bl***y chainsaw out I'll be trembling !!!!

BonysLad