Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   V brief May trip report (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/6004-v-brief-may-trip-report.html)

Rosie34 17-05-2010 13:21

V brief May trip report

We stayed in a lovely casita down a single track track - totally quriky and blissful. As we had a fantastic bbq area and had to eat inside a couple of nights due to the deluge and floods and having forgotten our wellies, we did not eat out as much as usual ..........

PP was unbelievably quiet people-wise but still a nightmare to park!We met up with some PP friends who said that the season seems to be getting shorter and shorter, and the volcanic situation had caused a lot of problems for the restaurants etc.

We visited El Brio in Pollensa - we were one of his first customers last year and then his fantastic Italian chef upped and left so the young owner is now doing the cooking. He was very busy on the Friday we went and we ate outside in the tiny plaza. It was the MDD and we had the 'mixed garlic mushrooms' to start which were, frankly, not very good - a few mushrooms floating round in about 2in oil with sliced garlic. OH had the Chicken in Gorgonzola which he said would have been better without the cheese, and I had a pork dish which was quite good. Best part of the meal was the Tiramisu and the free cava afterwards! The bill was about 16e but we did not go back again and would class it as so-so.

Then La Piazza which just seems to get better and better. Think the MDD was less than 16e (and included glass of wine) and my starter was on one occasion Foccaccia with roasted peppers, OH had the bruschetta. Main for me was Pork escalopinas in mustard sauce, and OH had the spicy tomato risotto - all absolutely delicious- and tiramisu to follow. We went there another time and swapped courses. And then we went back and had a superb pizza - excellent. I have to admit that I do prefer La Piazza to Piccolo Forno now - having had 2 mediocre meals there last October, and the setting for La Piazza is much nicer - especially if you sit outside and watch the world go by.

And Hells Kitchen was great as usual - we gave in and had the steak pie and mash - real comfort food!!! (OH had the superb onion bhajis to start) They were quite busy as well.

Then of course - our favourite - Trio - fantastic value again about 16e but including a full bottle of wine, starters for us included Mussels, or Mozzarella Salad, Beef Medallions, or Pork Medallions - (cant remember what we had the other times) there is such a massive choice on the MDD - you could go every night and have something different. Also it was the busiest place we went to - not surprisingly!

Disappointed we never made it to Tango this time - we did pass by in the car one evening and there seemed to only one table occupied at the front - but it was quite early! Still hopefully in October...............

Oh and of course, had a big breakfast at Joker - we had to walk round and round till they opened - he said it was too early in the season to open before 9.30! But it was worth the wait and a lovely way to start the holiday - I remember a thread here while ago debating Joker/Mollies for breakfast - no contest!!

So that is about it really, not mentioning the day it took 2 1/2 hours to get back from Carrefour in Palma trying to find our way round the floods!! Apart from this, we went nowhere - just lazed round the garden reading and chilling - bliss!

Sparky 17-05-2010 15:40

Great read Rosie, thanks for taking the the time to post. I am afraid the port is very quiet for the time of year and the volcano fallout is having a big impact but at least the weather is now looking more settled. I am sorry you did not get the best conditions last week, don't know about wellies you could have done with waders.

jiggggy 20-05-2010 00:05

Great review Rosie. Dont forget your brolly next time! :) Thanks for taking the time to post