Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   The green, green grass of home !!! (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/5990-green-green-grass-home.html)

BonysLad 13-05-2010 21:19

The green, green grass of home !!!

So it's the night of our annual community meeting ( a legal requirement of owners here in PP ). Strange affair , in our case, cos being the only Brits there , we turn up to the usual crowds of wives ( husbands tend to shun this ) and settle down to to a most incomprehensible event where there seems to be no agenda and the Administrator , out of duty, occasionally translates into the most basic pigeon english what is going on , over the excited chatter of the wives .

Benignly we smile and put our thumbs up every five minutes , not knowing whether we've exceeded the Lisbon Treaty or not but , honestly , haven't a clue what is going on . A passionate row and debate ensures with real Latin fervour for fifteen minutes , only to discover , that a small screw has come loose in the stairwell !!!!

And so we get to one of the most important bits of the night , the election of El President, and the wives go all cow eyed and cooey towards me and I realise they want me in this important post .

I shift uneasily in the synthetic leather chair , in the pregnant silence, and shock, horror the most awful farting noise erupts . So that's me power base eroded straight away ( Obviously not educated in the Nick Clegg charm school, eh guys ??? )

Only one thing for it, BonyLadette and I head straight round to the Codfather for something to eat .

Chicken Tikka Masala might now be the national dish of the British nation but you can't beat a plate of good old fish & chips . Anyway, ten minutes later we're tucking into Cod, chips and mushy peas washed down with a couple of mugs of steaming tea in their new premises . Interestingly , three quarters full of which probably half were ex pats .

Enjoyed every mouthful , real lovely jubbly !!! So if any of you guys get a craving for home , give it a whirl , you won't be disappointed .

Just gutted when Fulham lost to Atletico Madrid later in evening , and Bonyladette went all Sybil Fawlty , over the effect of the mushy peas !!!

The green, green, grass of home !!!!

BonysLad :):)

Sparky 13-05-2010 22:09

Rollin BL, or should it now be "Sir BL el Presidente". Please don't expect me to bow........me back is a bit stiff and i might not get upright again.:D:D

Belladonna 13-05-2010 22:24

Does the postion come with a uniform?;)

snowy2007 13-05-2010 22:29

Looks like my chances of a bed have now gone out the window. El Presidente see you in the directors box at Watford.
Funny you should have Fish and Chips as we have a sell out Fish and Chip Supper at the golf club tomorrow night.

debz1 13-05-2010 23:57

That made me laugh so much I've got hiccups now !

El Presidente I salute you :D

willywonka 14-05-2010 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonysLad (Post 43584)

Only one thing for it, BonyLadette and I head straight round to the Codfather for something to eat .

Chicken Tikka Masala might now be the national dish of the British nation but you can't beat a plate of good old fish & chips . Anyway, ten minutes later we're tucking into Cod, chips and mushy peas washed down with a couple of mugs of steaming tea in their new premises . Interestingly , three quarters full of which probably half were ex pats .

Enjoyed every mouthful , real lovely jubbly !!! So if any of you guys get a craving for home , give it a whirl , you won't be disappointed .

You omitted to tell us the cost of your fish & chips !!

BonysLad 14-05-2010 12:21

Willy,

About 10 Euros per head total bill.

BonysLad :)

BonysLad 14-05-2010 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belladonna (Post 43592)
Does the postion come with a uniform?;)

Bella,

Yeah but it's dictatorial General Galtieri not pretty boy Gere !!!!

BonysLad :D:D

alana 14-05-2010 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonysLad (Post 43610)
Willy,

About 10 Euros per head total bill.

BonysLad :)

Seems quiet expensive for fish & chips

BonysLad 14-05-2010 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by alana (Post 43615)
Seems quiet expensive for fish & chips

Au contraire Alana,

Remember you are in a restaurant with it's incumbent overheads and waiting staff to pay. Equivalent dish in a Harry Ramsden's in the UK would be £9.79 and I bet a mug of tea probably £2 on that .

Believe it or not I once spent a week studying fish & chip restaurants in the UK when a friend asked me to co invest . I KLC chickened out though !!!!

jiggggy 14-05-2010 17:52

:D Brilliant BL, Brilliant :D. Do you think it might be all the fish and chips causing your wind! :eek

Jimbo the Jambo 14-05-2010 20:52

Dear Napolean,

Wonderful news that your quest for world domination has taken a step forward, mines has taken a back step as the great UK unwashed elected some other guy and overlooked me. however, on forum note the new Codfather premisis is just across the road from the flat we used for most of our visits to PP. Just above Guru.

Now that you are an elected fat cat, you can dish the dirt on the really good eating shops etc.

Cant wait for the fallout/report back.

By the way how is the state of John Dorey cooking in pp at the moment?

cheers,

jimb

willywonka 15-05-2010 06:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonysLad (Post 43626)
Au contraire Alana,

Remember you are in a restaurant with it's incumbent overheads and waiting staff to pay. Equivalent dish in a Harry Ramsden's in the UK would be £9.79 and I bet a mug of tea probably £2 on that .

Believe it or not I once spent a week studying fish & chip restaurants in the UK when a friend asked me to co invest . I KLC chickened out though !!!!

Au contraire BL
Harry's 9.79 is for the large size fish & chip meal including mushy peas, bread & butter & unlimited chips, large size in codfather 9,95 plus 1,25 for peas or 12,95 for thier meal deal, I too have studied fish & chip restaurants so I thought you might be interested in the following link to one of the most famous, posh fish & chip restaurants in London. Only slightly more expensive than PP (Might even throw in an everlasting gobstopper)

Willywonka:D:D

Belladonna 15-05-2010 09:41

LOL! And here comes the fallout then! LOL! You will be forgiven I'm sure WW for your slight slip up here, and allow me to whisper a warning. You could get a rap across your keypad from Moderators if you post links to non Mallorcan sites! Be warned! ;) As for putting BL in his place ...... dangerous ground, but great fun!

BonysLad 15-05-2010 20:57

Fair dues Willy ,

I stand corrected , but just tell me one Harry Ramsdens that you could walk 50 metres and get one of the best views of the Med going ???

Love Guisely ( I spent sometime at the Bradford Business School but in macro economics not fast food retailing ) but just loved it .

Hopefully your argument will get eroded by the value of sterling in a day or two ??

BonysLad :D:D