Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   It was heaven in Hell last night. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/5979-heaven-hell-last-night.html)

Sparky 12-05-2010 09:06

It was heaven in Hell last night.

We have only ever eaten in Hell's Kitchen at lunchtimes before so decided it was time to go for dinner last night.
What can i say, it was heaven. Gary was front of house, very professional but warm and friendly with it. We sat at the bar for a pre dinner drink and to browse the menu, Ian the chef came out and we had a chat.
We sat down at our table and for starters hubby had Whitebait and i had chefs pate and toast, both were served with a crisp salad.
For mains hubby had Bami Goreng which was a huge meal (half went in doggy bag fo his lunch today ;)) i had the chicken breast with bacon, mushrooms, cream and parmesan cheese which was served with Dauphinoise potato and beautifully cooked veg.
No desserts, we were too full but we did have coffees and choccies.
The food was fantastic, the service excellent and the bill was a mere 38€, thank you Ian, Gary and Ali who helps Ian in the kitchen we will be back. :D:D.

JH02JLH 12-05-2010 09:15

Like the title of your post, Sparky!;)

sws97sdg 12-05-2010 09:16

Yes Sparky how long did it take you to think of that? great report thanks for posting :)

Sparky 12-05-2010 09:16

Thanks Jane ;).

PaulB 12-05-2010 10:27

Bami Goreng? Explain.

Sparky 12-05-2010 10:36

LOL SWS!!! i cannot tell a lie, i pinched it off their website ;);).

Sparky 12-05-2010 10:39

Paul, Bami Goreng is :- Stir fried Noodles, spicy meats, veg, satay chicken, pineapple, banana fritter with a fried egg on top.:D

susiejb 12-05-2010 11:05

Sparky.........where is Hells Kitchen ............I don't recall seeing it.

whaleywanderer 12-05-2010 11:22

As you say Sparky really good food, ambience and service, must admit I couldn't fault the meals that we had there recently. The Sunday lunch was fabulous.

Keep up the good work Hell's Kitchen, IMO you're up there with the best.;)

WRIGHTSTUFF 12-05-2010 11:28

Defo on my list for August.. Thank you so much Sparky

LK1960 12-05-2010 12:32

Sounds good Sparky - and great value. Thanks for posting.:)

Sparky 12-05-2010 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by susiejb (Post 43474)
Sparky.........where is Hells Kitchen ............I don't recall seeing it.

Hi Susie,
It is on C/Verge del Carmen in the pedestrianised bit.

Sparky 12-05-2010 15:56

We had "The Doggy Bag" for a snack lunch (yes there was enough for 2) and it was sooo tasty.:p

El Gordo 13-05-2010 10:15

Is Hells Kitchen opposite Molly's Café next to that restaurant with all the interesting ?gourds? hanging from the ceiling(cant remember the name)?

Is Molly's still there/open?

It used to get a good response on here for breakfasts/snacks and the like.

Sparky 13-05-2010 10:35

No it's further along at number 8, Mollies is number 19.;)

TheFussies 13-07-2010 20:55

Mr & MrsFussie based on the positve comments on here went to Hell's Kitchen. This was a considerable surprise to FussieFriends as we tend to avoid restaurants with pictures on menu, chinese, indian and anything that's too UK oriented. Hell's Kitchen being in the latter.

Only one concern, we didn't fancy eating in the lane and asked if they had airconditioning. They do so we went inside, we should have asked if they had working aircon!!

However putting that grumble aside the food was excellent, carrot , corriander and ginger soup for MrsFussie and gazpacho for me to start. MrsFussie pronounced that this was the hottest (temperature) soup she had ever been served in PP (she likes hot soup). The gazpacho was good, nice texture with a very tomato appearance. For mains we had thai green chicken curry and BBQ spare ribs. Both pronounced delicious. As we were on the 15.50 euro set meal we opted for dessert - cappuchino brulee for her and for some strange reason I ordered apple crumble with ice cream rather than the stated custard. Why when its 25+ outside, hot and sticky inside with no aircon would I want apple crumble? When it arrived it was the largest apple crumble I've ever attempted to eat. I had to admit defeat and leave some. Tasted spot on though, brulee was good as well

All in all it was a good eating experience and we'd both go back - if the airconditioning is working!!
With a bottle of Macia Batle bill came to 47 euros
MrFussie

mearsy 14-07-2010 08:49

The food sounds lovely, the aircon situation not so lovely! We didn't get to try this one out, can you explain what the 'lane' is like and why you didn't want to sit there? Is it the only outside area?

Belladonna 14-07-2010 09:34

If I remember rightly, its a very tight, close "lane", and I'm surprised they could get any tables outside actually! No view of anything really either, but probably good for smokers and a bit of a breeze!;)

Sparky 14-07-2010 09:49

It's a pedestrianised area and all the restaurants/cafes have a few tables outside. I personally would not want to sit along there while dining but then i wouldn't sit outside in the square either and that is purely because i don't like people milling around me when i am eating, if it's a proper enclosed terrace then that's fine.

mearsy 14-07-2010 11:18

Ahh, thankyou ladies. Would I be right in thinking that's where Mollies is and has it's outside tables? If so, then I know where that is. :)

Sparky 14-07-2010 11:21

Yes Mearsy, Mollies is on the other side of the street.:D

Sparky 22-08-2010 10:27

We had another great meal in HK last night, the service from the ever welcoming and friendly Gary and waitress Anna was second to none. As always Ian worked his magic with Ali in the kitchen, starters were ham/ melon and pate, mains were fish and chips and a steak with green pepper sauce and salad. Hubby said it was the best piece of fish he has had in years, my steak was cooked perfectly and was very tender and tasty, with bread/olives, wine and a Hierbas on the house, the bill came to 45€. Thank you Ian and staff for looking after us so well.x

Fussies you will be pleased to hear the a/c was working perfectly ;), it was a very hot night out but was lovely and cool inside and it's also non smoking. :D:D

TheFussies 22-08-2010 21:02

Sparky,
Glad to hear the a/c working that coupled with the good food makes for a memorable evening.
:)

Sparky 15-10-2010 15:54

Had dinner last night with Marilyn and her friend Fran and as always HK didn't disappoint, great food and service, 4x MDD + 3 bottles of wine :eek:( the house white is very quaffable :o:D) and coffees, the bill was 95€.

Need to make a special note about the cheese board........it was fantastic with at least 5 cheeses+ biscuits.
Thanks to Ian, Gary, Anna and Ali for yet another wonderful evening.

Btw while we were there hubby and i booked for Christmas Day Lunch..5 courses plus wine 42.50€ pp, if it's half as good as last year it will be fantastic. ;)

fil6699 15-10-2010 18:13

Great Post and Great value hope all those who were moaning about no place to eat at a great price read your post Sparky

marilyn 18-10-2010 12:21

My first visit to HK and it was a great night - excellent food, service and of course company. Will certainly be paying HK another visit on our next trip.