Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Nostalgia (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/5930-nostalgia.html)

kate1 28-04-2010 16:48

Nostalgia

Or 'The Karaoke King's' as my daughters call it... But there's a lot more to Nostalgia than karaoke - live entertainment doesn't start until after 11PM in any case. We can report a couple of very pleasant meals here in April. Ross, the chef from Ca'n Pacienci, is now cooking here and he is introducing a few Thai dishes to the menu (he's married to a Thai) - we were told that by the autumn there would be quite a few more choices. Currently he is offering a Thai beef salad and delicious spicy Thai fishcakes (ask for the 'killer dip'), and Thai curry with either chicken or prawns. And they were really good, as were the marinated spare ribs - also good to see that mains can be served with jacket potatoes or rice rather than the ubiquitous chips. And good value for money. Nostalgia seems to be building up a regular clientele - not surprising as Colin makes an excellent host and nothing is too much trouble. And on a freezing cold day the interior is really toasty and warm.

Nick 28-04-2010 18:24

Yes, it's a great little place. Smart, clean, welcoming and warm.......hopefully they'll be there for a long time.

Smiddy 08-07-2010 12:39

Nostalgia

had read previous reports but never ventured in here until our recent visit we heard that the chef had previously been in Can Pacienci so thought we would give it a try and can say that we werent disapointed
lovely meal, excellent value and very friendly service
came back on 2 more occasions to eat drink and get quite merry
even sang on the karaoke, which just about emptied the place :)

the range of music thats played is really varied
and attracts all age groups
we met up with a group of six 30something Londoners and had a great time

dont be put off by the karaoke as its not the main theme
lots of interesting memorabilia on the walls
was tempted to nick the Beatles collage near the loos but didnt have a screwdriver with me
next time maybe :cool:

kate1 08-07-2010 16:32

Wholeheartedly agree Smiddy - we had several lovely evenings there in April, some involving food and some not - as you say, you don't have to get involved in the entertainment if you don't want as it doesn't start until late in the evening in any case. We and our two kids were made very welcome. It's a really great addition to PP and, as a bar, a good alternative to that place round the corner in the square (not that I want to start a ***** vs. Nostalgia thread on here - that's the last thing I want!)

portbar 08-07-2010 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by kate1 (Post 46406)
Wholeheartedly agree Smiddy - we had several lovely evenings there in April, some involving food and some not - as you say, you don't have to get involved in the entertainment if you don't want as it doesn't start until late in the evening in any case. We and our two kids were made very welcome. It's a really great addition to PP and, as a bar, a good alternative to that place round the corner in the square (not that I want to start a ***** vs. Nostalgia thread on here - that's the last thing I want!)

Cannot see Colin with pegs on his trousers or half a tash, but then again might be an improvement on wrapping yourself in loo roll :rolleyes::rolleyes:

slipalong & lola 09-07-2010 10:01

bonys

Can somebody out there tell us the significance of the pegs on the trousers please? Have seen it many times on the beer mats ect and never asked anyone why. Cheers:D

sws97sdg 09-07-2010 10:52

A lot of it is just Jose being Jose, I shouldn't read too much into it, and we are talking about it here which is one reason! 4 weeks and I shall be sampling Nostalgia for the first time, and returning of cause to Bonys :)

favie 09-07-2010 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 46458)
A lot of it is just Jose being Jose, I shouldn't read too much into it, and we are talking about it here which is one reason! 4 weeks and I shall be sampling Nostalgia for the first time, and returning of cause to Bonys :)

Now although I don't frequent Bony's (for no other reason than I always seem to sit elsewhere!) Nostalgia is something else.....later on in the evening, certainly a place for adults to enjoy and let your hair down!! Absolutely loved it!

sws97sdg 09-07-2010 19:10

I shall bear that in mind favies although I dont have any hair these days, I shall report when I get back on all places visited. :)

favie 09-07-2010 19:44

Lol, don't believe that for a minute...have seen fairly recent photos!:)
Anyway it's not compulsory...it's just a nice place to have a nice evening...whether you participate in all the merriment or not....I choose to with a young bunch on the Karaoke....great fun and thought I was 21 again!!!
Highly recommended!! Nothing like a good holiday to do a bit different from the norm!! Must try the food the next time!!

Sparky 09-07-2010 23:08

I am so glad to read these posts, it is a great addition to the port and that is because it is not the norm.
Do try the food cooked by Ross, he made a special for us a couple of weeks ago (Beef Wellington) it was divine :p, but all the food is good.:D

its cd 10-07-2010 00:03

Over withmy daughter and some of her friends next week .......... is Nostalgia for us not so youngies or is it ok for teens

NB: these are teens who love PP not teens looking for a Magaluf type of place

What do you reckon Sparky ?

Belladonna 10-07-2010 00:08

Oh lucky you cd! If you don't mind me jumping in here, knowing your daughter just the little I do, I think they may well be happy to pop in for a while, but perhaps not to stay for the main part of their evening. There again, whateve you think teenagers may like or dislike, they will always throw you a curve and prove you wrong anyway, so go for it and just have a Plan B up your sleeve incase! Hope to see you next time we are all over together.

med777 10-07-2010 00:32

I haven't been into Nostalgia that often and I am definately NOT a fan of Karaoke, yet this place manages to have a bit of space for everyone's tastes without being overwhelmed in any one direction. It has a nice 'across the ages' feel and the standard of singing when i was there was really good and I didn't feel the need to hide in a corner, scared I would get hassled to sing. So please, if ur put off by the Karaoke bit (as I was initially)... don't be, it doesnt dominate!
Have yet to try the food... but sounds good from the posts here.. roll on my next visit.

Miriam

Sparky 10-07-2010 09:25

Hi CD, i can only comment on what i actually see when i go there and that is, all age groups mix together and thoroughly enjoy themselves. The music is so varied, Colin mixes it up well so everyone gets a bit of what they like and it's not continuous karaoke.
I have known teenagers to leave for Chivas/Kudos etc only to return, saying that they prefer the atmosphere in Nostalgia. I am sure you will all have a great time, please say hello if you see me there.:D