Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2010, 14:53

Thanks all

Will definitely call in and also look out for you sparky

BTW do you still go to bar cultural on wednesday when market is on .... if so will also look out for you there
Old 10-07-2010, 21:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
even sang on the karaoke, which just about emptied the place
Bloody hell, Smiddy

Wat did you sing ???

Give us all a good larf !!!

Was it ?

a) I belong to Glasgow

or

b) A Scottish Soldier ????

Bonyslad

or

c) Colin has some obscure Celtic song on his database none of us has heard of !!!!

( Ohh just thought !!! , was it Donald where's yer trousers ??? great Scottish hit from the past !!!! )
Old 11-07-2010, 09:37

BL,

It was actually " FOUR ONEce in my life"

Last edited by Smiddy; 11-07-2010 at 09:44.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:00

Touche , mate

Enjoy the match later, wish you were here !!!

BonysLad
Old 15-07-2010, 11:09

Can confirm nostalgia is for all ages took the girls last night and they had a great time
where were you sparky I thought you were a regular lol
no doubt well be there again soon
Old 15-07-2010, 11:19
Super Moderator

LOL!! @ CD, i am so glad you and your girls enjoyed it (i knew you would ).
I will definitely be in there on Saturday night but may be in sooner, it depends on how thirsty i get later .
Old 15-07-2010, 13:13

Will no doubt see you you won't be able to miss me I'm the old one with a bunch of youngsters in tow
Old 17-07-2010, 09:51

To be honest from the outside this is not the type of restaurant we would normally go to, looks more like a cafe and has signs up about Karaoke which is not really our thing, however do not be put off the Karaoke does not start until late in the evening and once you sit down you will get a very warm welcolme.
We came here after reading that Ross, the Chef from Ca'n Pacienci which had been our favourite restuarant for the past 34 years was now working here and we were delighted to find the food was every bit as wonderful as before. We will be including this restuarant in our "must eat here list" and look forward to returning again in August. Another plus point is it is very inexpensive, 50% of the cost of any of our other meals.
Nostalgia can offer a very warm welcome with great food during the evening and for those that like it, Karaoke late in the night.
The owner is trying very hard to appeal to different tastes, this restaurant deserves to succeed, give it a try you will not be disappointed.

PP76
Old 19-07-2010, 13:24

Where is Nostalgia please - I've looked on the restaurant guide but cant find it. Curently doing a list of eateries for October and this sounds good!
Old 19-07-2010, 13:46

Rosie,

Nostalgia is next to the Australian bar and across from O'Haras, it is on one the the streets that lead from Calle de Formentor (the street behind the Dania Hotel) to the square.

PP76
Old 19-07-2010, 15:01

Thanks PP - I know the street you mean - I'll add it to my list - the way I'm going we'll be eating in a different one every night! But still got the old favourites as well.
Old 25-07-2010, 17:52

Well Sparky didn't miss me and neither did LK1961 .... lovelly to met you both and other halves and friends and daughters

Nostalgia is fantastic .......... somehow Colin the host seems to sense the mood; play the right music ; entertain ( I was very sceptical about the Elvis but it is funny, low key and entertaining harmless fun for all ages )

I had 8, 16 year old girls with me ( yes I know I need to be certified ) and this was an ideal bar for them ....... they sang karaoke; danced - thanks to Colin's encouragement and the lady and young lad ..... reps ? ...... who got the girls up dancing to Metro Station ........ they probably wouldn't have got up without encouragement but they had a whale of a time and were talking about it for days afterwards

Also thanks to the 3 ladies who took pity on me and invited me to come and sit with them at their table ........ and doesn't that just epitomise PP .......... something for everyone and for the most part people are friendly and mean no harm ( and yes before anyone jumps in I do know we always have to be on our guard )

Colin , if you read these posts ....... sorry about the night the young lads got attracted into the place by my girls (they can;t help being gorgeous ) ........ and thanks for getting rid of them when they became a bit of a pest ...... just another sign of someone who 100% knows what he is doing.

Great bar, deserves to do well, please go, I can't imagine you not finding something there to enjoy
Old 25-07-2010, 18:54

Great post cd and I totally agree Nostalgia is a great bar and Colin has pitched it just right and can change the mood of the bar depending on his clientele.

Good fun for all ages....even Bonyslad doesn't feel out of place and got up and karaoke' d!!!
Old 25-07-2010, 22:07

Bring it on cd great post Malc sing along witrh Colin
Old 26-07-2010, 12:25

Default Nostalgia

The couple of times we were in, a be-spectaled older type guy used to come in away and croon away, 'til one night he starts belting out a number by the PRODIGY Bizarre

But, as you say Colin knows what he's doing, i'd usualy run a mile from karaoke, but i'd encourage any like minded people to give it a try, if you don't enjoy it, you maybe should check your pulse!

Last edited by Smiddy; 26-07-2010 at 12:28.