Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-04-2010, 22:09

Default Let the sunshine in ( O'Lume) !!!!

So back in the Port & with Snowy in tow there's only one place we have to head for our first meal out , given he's the no 1 fan of O'Lume.

Seem to recall that O'Lume actually means Moonlight or something similar and a lot of debate , here on this forum, about the place. General consensus seems to be great value food for the money but jury out about the ambience .

Having moved during the winter to the old Pozo site really was anticipating what it would be like in the new premises .

So we turn up on Thursday evening and were not disappointed . It just seems so much brighter and the surroundings complimenting the food Jaime offers . Courtyard , not yet opened cos it's still early season , but can imagine it will be difficult to get a table there high season.

Can't comment about the food too much cos really the same high standard . Frito Mallorquian to start followed by steak or , in my case , excellent lamb chops to follow. Had to thrash Jaime to within an inch of his life cos no Fried Milk available !!!!

Great value at around 50 Euros per couple and sure this will be a great move for him. Probably have trouble getting in , without booking high season , and he will deserve his success.

Snowy was grovelling so much he forgot to leave a tip.

( Jaime , I sent him back the next night with one !!!!

Totally objective as always

BonysLad
Sponsored Links
Old 20-04-2010, 08:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonysLad View Post
So back in the Port & with Snowy in tow there's only one place we have to head for our first meal out , given he's the no 1 fan of O'Lume.

Seem to recall that O'Lume actually means Moonlight or something similar and a lot of debate , here on this forum, about the place. General consensus seems to be great value food for the money but jury out about the ambience .

Having moved during the winter to the old Pozo site really was anticipating what it would be like in the new premises .
Quote:
So we turn up on Thursday evening and were not disappointed . It just seems so much brighter and the surroundings complimenting the food Jaime offers . Courtyard , not yet opened cos it's still early season , but can imagine it will be difficult to get a table there high season.
Can't comment about the food too much cos really the same high standard . Frito Mallorquian to start followed by steak or , in my case , excellent lamb chops to follow. Had to thrash Jaime to within an inch of his life cos no Fried Milk available !!!!

Great value at around 50 Euros per couple and sure this will be a great move for him. Probably have trouble getting in , without booking high season , and he will deserve his success.

Snowy was grovelling so much he forgot to leave a tip.

( Jaime , I sent him back the next night with one !!!!

Totally objective as always

BonysLad
The courtyard & garden are now open and you can also access via the rear on Virgen del Carmen.
Old 20-04-2010, 09:33

Dont mean to lower the tone but comments like this may attract the wrong sort!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaleywanderer View Post
you can also access via the rear on Virgen del Carmen.

My FlickR Photos
Old 20-04-2010, 10:57

LOL! Oh you are awful!
Old 20-04-2010, 11:11

You can also access via the rear on Virgen del Carmen.

- You will obviously be the first one in!!

Sorry Moderators, couldn't resist. I will go and stand in the corner and hang my head in shame.

Last edited by PaulB; 20-04-2010 at 11:30.
Old 20-04-2010, 17:14

Sorry to all

Well below my usual standard but could not resist it!

My FlickR Photos
Old 21-04-2010, 14:51

Still no idea where O Lume has moved to, it's still showing the old map and directions
Old 21-04-2010, 14:59
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleboots View Post
Still no idea where O Lume has moved to, it's still showing the old map and directions
See O Lume - restaurant in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca (Mallorca) - all updated!

(where can you still see the old map?)
Old 22-04-2010, 15:29

After our night out with BL we went back to see Jamie the next night as BL did not pay his bill never mind the tip. I had my normal steak whole not half size Pam had half size they are so big, I told Jamie best steak in the port, what did he do remind me that I had posted some time ago that best steak was at Bar Siller. Jamie no longer your steaks are now number ONE for me and Pam.
Loved you new place wish we could have sat outside will be job to get table in the summer in courtyard, thanks for two smashing meals can't wait to return.
Old 22-04-2010, 19:50

Oh my gawd !!!!

What grovelling eh ????

Snowy don't realise that being the objective restaurant critic that I am , I never , never pay for a meal in the Port !!!!!. My bill just , mysteriously disappears !!!!!

If you believe this guys, you'll believe anything !!!!

BonysLad

Snowy,

You've left some make up in one of me bathrooms !!!! Do you wanna me to post it back to you ???
Old 22-04-2010, 21:03

No you can use it.
Old 23-04-2010, 22:45

Snowy, Glad you all had a great meal with Jaime. He never disappoints!!

Beginning of last week I was in PP with my 2 daughters and their friends just for couple of nights and after a birthday party for my youngest on the first night at another popular restaurant, we headed for O'Lume Tuesday night for dinner only to find Jaimie had closed on Tuesday nights until end of April!! I was so disappointed as my now '13' year old was raving about Jaimes chocolates to her friends. We just had to pop in to see Jaime on the wednsday lunchtime after the market on our way back to collect cases etc
( a few hours later and we would have been stuck in Mallorca for a few more days!!! life is so unfair!!)from the apartment. Jaime, bless him brought the girls a plate of chocolates while we chatted and caught up.
Cheers Jaime see you soon.

Pops

Last edited by pops; 23-04-2010 at 22:47.
Old 24-04-2010, 10:38

We went to O'Lume a couple of weeks ago because my son had never tried it and I wanted to give it another go because of all the positive reports, but once again though I was a little disappointed.

The food was ok but not to the standard that I would have expected but the thing that I feel really lets it down is the atmosphere - it is always very stuffy IMO and the new place does not have the same character as the old. The following day we went to Los Z for the first time and I have to say I found that much more to my liking.

I am sorry if this offends but it is my opinion - please do not shout

GG
Old 24-04-2010, 17:43

Could it be the good old case of something being so hyped up that you end up feeling deflated? I admit to having high hopes for this place when I hopefully have my first visit soon. Maybe I shouldn't expect too much and then I can end up being really impressed!

When you say 'stuffy' do you mean the attitude of the staff? Is it too quiet to make a good atmosphere?
Old 24-04-2010, 23:01

I have to admit that at the moment I think it has to be the group of friends you are with that make the atmosphere. The food and the service are very good and that is what I would go again for, with a group of chatty friends.
Each restaurant has to have its own character obviously, some are fantastic for a couples night out, just to absorb atmosphere and make small talk, enjoy views etc etc. Others do both, and you have to pay for the luxury - again, dont jump at that remark, I know there are a lot that do both for reasonable prices for a lot of people.
Its the benefit of visiting PP again and again to work out which restaurants you want to go to for what reasons.