Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-04-2010, 19:43

Default Bar Simbad

Always wonder why this place never features on the forum seems very popular with the Brits. don't know what it sells looks like it could be blackboards
Sponsored Links
Old 17-04-2010, 19:54
Banned

Very funny Ray but so true.

Only had an English breakfast in their once and okay but I seem to remember it being overpriced.

The inside is not too bad but oh my god those blackboards make it just look so stupid, tacky and uninviting. Why do they need so many? It just spoils the look of the port IMO.
Old 17-04-2010, 21:14

I have to say that we had the most awful overpriced meal here. The food was undercooked and when this was mentioned the owner Maria, I think her name was, was very put out! We also asked for bread but they had run out. We then watched them go up the road to the local supermarket to buy us some. --- never again!!
Old 17-04-2010, 21:44
Banned

That's so often the problem with eateries. You have a bad meal the first time and it's so difficult to give a second chance.
Old 17-04-2010, 22:14

No such thing as a second chance! 30 seconds to make a first impression! lol
Old 17-04-2010, 23:44

Default Boards and other horrible practices

Talking of Blackboards ................... have you seen those horrible boards at the place in the square between Bony's and Maxims ........ what an eyesore

AND ................. for the first time EVER in PP some bloke standing outside the place tried to entice us in ................ I absolutely hate that and really do hope it stops ................. to be honest it offends me more than any of the tacky signs or themed restaurants .................. it's a horrible tacky practise that in my opinion typifies all we don't want in PP.

If I thought it would do any good I'd write to the council but I'm sure it would fall on deaf ears
Old 17-04-2010, 23:54
Banned

Yes I have. I had a male and female try to entice me in there last week on two different occasions as well.

It's a practice that I absolutely detest and has no place in PP whatsover. It is so downmarket that it doesn't bear worth thinking about.

And, as my father-in-law always says, "plastic menus, plastic food" !!!!
Old 17-04-2010, 23:54

Default Simbad

We ate in simbads many years ago when my eldest daughter was a little girl and she ate half of an undercooked burger and sure enough the following evening she had stomach cramps and was violently sick. We have never returned and earlier this week I was out in PP with my 2 girls and even now 10 years later and at almost 22, she commented that her stomach still churns when she walks past Simbads.

Pops
Old 18-04-2010, 15:05

A few years ago we went to Simbads for breakfast and my OH asked for a cup of coffee - after the third time of asking, the waiter snapped ' yes, yes we do have to make it you know'! I think I managed to stop him from replying that it is not difficult to pour hot water on instant coffee - unless they had to go to Colombia for the coffee! Not been back since.
Old 18-04-2010, 16:12

OMG Simbads.....we unfortunately stopped at this place after a walk one day, wasn't too familiar with restaurants/cafes down that way at the time, just wanted a light lunch to see us through 'til dinner. Knew it was a mistake the minute we sat down, place didn't look too clean (others thought I was just been fussy!!) noisy bird in the background and that other "Bird" Maria?? When taking the order she placed her hand on hubby's shoulder then stuck her finger in his ear!! Well, what was that all about!? Food came and each one was worse than the other....first time I have ever walked out of a place, quickly followed by my daughter-in-law!! Left the men to settle the bill and they hadn't finished theirs either.....they said she looked puzzled!!

I know some do enjoy it here....this was just my experience but never ever again!!
Old 18-04-2010, 18:17

So pleased I'm not alone with my experience.
Personally I will never go there again - not even for a cup of coffee - instant or not!
Ali C likes this.
Old 18-04-2010, 18:40

Never had a bad meal in Simbad and my boys love the mixed meat grill and I love the grilled swordfish. It is a fab place for families to eat as portions are a good size for strapping teenager boys. When we went on our own for the first time last year Maria wanted to know where the boys were. My only complaint has been other customers smoking on tables next to us I know we all like different places but Simbads is a lot busier than some places that rate highly on here.
Old 18-04-2010, 19:03

Glad your experience was a positive one but just because somewhere appears to be busy does not necessarily mean it is good. Can only go by my own experiences and as said before it seems i'm not alone.

Sinbads has a nice outlook across the Bay although somewhat cramped.
Maria is a nice women and is very good at interperson skills. She would make an excellent salesperson! Nothing against her at all but am against bad quality high prices and the feeling of being completely ripped off.
I will not go back. Too many other places waiting to deliver good food and service.
Old 18-04-2010, 23:16

I have only been to this place once and had the best Tumbet I have ever tasted and if somewhere is always busy there has to be a reason
Old 19-04-2010, 19:46

What an interesting little post this has turned out to be