Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   posh food in PP - Mallorcan Food Fair April 2010 (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/5880-posh-food-pp-mallorcan-food-fair-april-2010-a.html)

ray 17-04-2010 19:41

posh food in PP - Mallorcan Food Fair April 2010

Look out for some good value mallorcan food in Iru, Brisas and Corb Mari from 21/4 to 25/4 and 28/4 to 2/5. All doing different menus 3 courses plus glass of good wine(or water) for 14euros. Fantastic value for these top restaurants. all part of the annual Mallorcan food fair trying to promote quality mallorcan food. Think its lunch or evening check with the restaurants but book anyway as the mallorcan locals will be pouring in.:)

ray 20-04-2010 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray (Post 42338)
Look out for some good value mallorcan food in Iru, Brisas and Corb Mari from 21/4 to 25/4 and 28/4 to 2/5. All doing different menus 3 courses plus glass of good wine(or water) for 14euros. Fantastic value for these top restaurants. all part of the annual Mallorcan food fair trying to promote quality mallorcan food. Think its lunch or evening check with the restaurants but book anyway as the mallorcan locals will be pouring in.:)

Now joined by La Parra, Zarzoles and the yacht club

Sparky 20-04-2010 16:17

Yes Ray, it looks good. There will be 2 sittings for both lunch and dinner, think lunch was 1pm and 3pm and dinner is 8pm and 10.15 pm. There will also be a childrens menu at €8. :)

pollensa 20-04-2010 16:34

Do report back if anyone goes. 'Maybe' we'll be in PP if we fly on Friday (more on the volcanic ash thread!). :)

ray 20-04-2010 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollensa (Post 42482)
Do report back if anyone goes. 'Maybe' we'll be in PP if we fly on Friday (more on the volcanic ash thread!). :)

Good luck and hope you get here and have another great holiday

snowy2007 22-04-2010 15:44

We went to Los Zarzales last night wonderful Yolanda emailed me the menu which you can see here Picasa Web Albums - John - Los Zarzales at 14€ its wonderful please go and try it.

mearsy 22-04-2010 17:05

I got all excited about that menu then but I can't read it! I did click on it but it's still too small. Thanks though!

ray 22-04-2010 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowy2007 (Post 42598)
We went to Los Zarzales last night wonderful Yolanda emailed me the menu which you can see here Picasa Web Albums - John - Los Zarzales at 14€ its wonderful please go and try it.

Also Yolanda said she would be fairly flexible witht the advertised menu if one or other course didnt suit which is great.(they aren't supposed to change anything by the RULES wot must be obeyed!):)

pollensa 22-04-2010 22:24

we have just come back from los zarzales & the menu was excellent. i'll post more tomorrow as i'm posting this from my phone - haven't got my laptop out yet! thanks for the recommendation snowy!

med777 22-04-2010 23:53

mearsy...

click on the link to the menu.... when it opens in a new window, dbl click on the image,(which will make it a wee bit bigger) then hold down the Ctrl key and hit the + key on ur number pad a couple of times. It aint perfect, but gets big enuff to read... if not, ya should've gone to specsavers ( sorry bout that bit :o )

Miriam

mearsy 23-04-2010 09:01

Why thankyou. You learn something new every day. :) I tried that and it did work enough for me to squint at it and mostly understand what it said. Joking aside, I should really get my eyes tested again soon, it's been a few years!

This restaurant and O'Lume will be a definites if I can get Mr M to agree :rolleyes:

Sparky 23-04-2010 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray (Post 42629)
Also Yolanda said she would be fairly flexible witht the advertised menu if one or other course didnt suit which is great.(they aren't supposed to change anything by the RULES wot must be obeyed!):)

We went to Cellar la Parra last night, intending to try the €14 menu but were disappointed as we didn't fancy eating "tongue". We still had a very nice meal from the normal menu though, for starters shared Mallorcan kidneys, bread and olives, for mains we both had Escalope served with salad and home made chips, with a bottle of house white wine and water, the bill was only €30.
They apologised about the lack of choice on the €14 and explained that they had to serve what they were told to by the authorities. Seems silly to me and explains why so few restaurants are taking part.

pollensa 23-04-2010 16:48

Am afraid the 'tongue with capers' doesn't appeal to us either. Anyway all the information can be found on this website Mostra de cuina mallorquina including a list of all the restaurants taking part & the menus plus photos of the dishes including those in Puerto Pollensa - see Port de Pollença so have a go & try somewhere/something different. Last night we went to Los Zarzales & have booked for the Club Nautico (yacht club) tonight.

Yolande of Los Zarzales explained that the event is as much aimed at Mallorcans as tourists in order to remind them of the heritage of their traditional dishes.

pollensa 24-04-2010 15:28

So we tried another of the special menus last night - this time at Club Nautico. The waitress thought we should book when I asked at lunch time (good place for a drink by the marina) so we did for 8pm. Well the food was really good - you can see the menu in the weblink above - but we were the only 2 diners the whole evening! The waiter blamed the 'flight' problem but that can't be the only reason. Anyway, it was a good excuse to try somewhere new for only 32 euros for 2 as we had coffees - everything else was included. So now we have 2 more meals & possibly 2 more menus - Corb Mari, Iru or Brisas? Or maybe as the weather is now glorious somewhere completely different as now I fancy fish!