Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-04-2010, 09:42
Super Moderator

Default Los Pescadores.

We went to this restaurant last night with 2 friends and had a really enjoyable evening.
Only 3 of us had starters which were, frito mallorquin, calamar romana and chipirones. Plus bread, olives and alioli.
Mains were, langostinos flambead x2 (very large prawns in garlic and lots of them), solomillo de cebon (fillet steak in a creamy sauce) and filete salsa arandon (pork fillet in blackberry and port sauce). The prawns were served with chips and salad, the steak with chips,tomato and courgette and the pork with jacket potato,tomato and courgette. The food was beautifully cooked and presented and the service was first class.
We had 2 bottles of house white, 4 glasses of red and a bottle of water.
Coffees, brandies and hierbas were on the house, the bill was €131.
Maria de los Angeles runs this superb restaurant, she and her staff are very welcoming and efficient. There is some interesting artwork on the walls, the place was warm and comfortable and i can't wait for the warm evenings to come so we can dine out on the upstairs terrace.
Old 13-04-2010, 10:31

Couldn't agree more. This was my wife's personal favourite last year and one of mine along with El Posito. The terrace right above the beach is a superb place to eat and it feels very special on a warm summer's evening. It is one of those restaurants where it is really hard to choose what to have as the whole menu is very tempting; the fish as well as the meat dishes. Tip - if you are feeling really hungry have the shoulder of lamb (it's massive!). Looking forward to going back (probably more than once) this summer, although, pre-booking may be a must to ensure one of the terrace tables, especially with all the recent positive feedback.
Old 13-04-2010, 12:44

Never really considered eating here as none of the family really do fish.

Have to give ot a go now though

GG
Old 13-04-2010, 14:44

Sparky did that used to be The Coach House ???
Old 13-04-2010, 17:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
We went to this restaurant last night with 2 friends and had a really enjoyable evening.
Only 3 of us had starters which were, frito mallorquin, calamar romana and chipirones. Plus bread, olives and alioli.
Mains were, langostinos flambead x2 (very large prawns in garlic and lots of them), solomillo de cebon (fillet steak in a creamy sauce) and filete salsa arandon (pork fillet in blackberry and port sauce). The prawns were served with chips and salad, the steak with chips,tomato and courgette and the pork with jacket potato,tomato and courgette. The food was beautifully cooked and presented and the service was first class.
We had 2 bottles of house white, 4 glasses of red and a bottle of water.
Coffees, brandies and hierbas were on the house, the bill was €131.
Maria de los Angeles runs this superb restaurant, she and her staff are very welcoming and efficient. There is some interesting artwork on the walls, the place was warm and comfortable and i can't wait for the warm evenings to come so we can dine out on the upstairs terrace.
Agreed, great food and a great spot,NEVEr to be confused with the Pescador at the start of the pine walk
Old 13-04-2010, 18:34

Sparky after last post I am confused does not take a lot but where is Los Pescadores. I thought it was along the pine walk yes or no if not where.
Old 13-04-2010, 19:10

Pescador is the chain (t** M**) restaurant at the start of the pine walk, next to corbi mar. Los pescadors is further down, past Bahia Hostal. It is on the corner where bar Coral and Laroc are.

I have only been during the day for coffee after an afetrnoon dip in the sea. Will definately try one evening next trip.
Old 13-04-2010, 19:57

[QUOTE=snowy2007;42189]Sparky after last post I am Mari
Old 13-04-2010, 20:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy2007 View Post
Sparky after last post I am confused does not take a lot but where is Los Pescadores. I thought it was along the pine walk yes or no if not where.

Snows I'm sure you would never confuse it with the one at the start of Pine Walk...but if you do don't forget to wipe your feet!!! There's a lot of it about
Old 13-04-2010, 20:27
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy2007 View Post
Hi Snowy, i don't know what it used to be called but the address on the receipt is Paseo Voramar 45.

The TM owned eatery is called "Can Pescadore" and is on the corner in front of the Corb Mari.
I hope that clears up the confusion.
Old 13-04-2010, 21:55

Getting more confusing actually - is it this one or not?

httpuertopollensa.org.uk/restaurants/?p=52

NO! I keep getting that stupid face coming up! I'm not putting it in deliberately honest! It wont go away!

Right try this one

http://puertopollensa.org.uk/restaurants/?p=52

Last edited by Belladonna; 13-04-2010 at 22:00.
Old 13-04-2010, 22:17

[QUOTE=Belladonna;42204]
I keep getting that stupid face coming up! I'm not putting it in deliberately honest! It wont go away!

LOL at Bella

Yes Bella that is the one....we tried it when we were last there in 2008 but it was a grumpy old man that run it then but with a very delightful Argentinaean waitress serving us mainly, the food was delicious....look forward to trying it next month after Sparkys review.
Old 13-04-2010, 22:25

Bella you're link showed them both

We used to stay in a fab apartment Voramar 39, close to Bahia. LOS PESCADORES (fab!)is a few doors along in the direction of The Ila D'or. As sparky said Can Pescadore is at the very start of Pine Walk near Corb Mari and the Voramar supermarket,and is The T** M**
Old 13-04-2010, 22:30

Really? God, I'm good! LOL!

I'm even more confused now by your post debs, but I'll leave you to it as you obviously all know which is which and where they both are. Show me in September!
Old 13-04-2010, 22:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by favie View Post
Yes Bella that is the one....we tried it when we were last there in 2008 but it was a grumpy old man that run it then but with a very delightful Argentinaean waitress serving us mainly, the food was delicious....look forward to trying it next month after Sparkys review.
Last time we went the grumpy old man ran it favies. He scared the life out of me

We will take you Bells....if you're good