Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 19:38

Default Restaurant Llenaire

Restaurant Llenaire, well what can I say, to say it has changed a little is an understatement !

From the outside the building has all been painted white, the tables are very modern, white wooden block type. Inside again has all been changed to white. Quite a modern, minimalist look.

Luis is now front of house and is doing very well, Davide is now the chef and Massimo hoping to start again in a couple of weeks.

The guy who is running it (Miguel?) seemed a very nice guy. He lives locally to the restaurant. He has employed a barman who is apparently good at cocktails – did not get chance to try any as only on a short visit !

The new full menu only came out the day before we left so only had a quick look. They are doing lots of paellas, creamy rice dishes and meat/fish dishes. They are doing ciabattas, salads etc on a snack menu. There is also a breakfast menu.

We tried a vegetable paella and it was delicious, Davide cooked it beautifully.

We have been going to Restaurant Llenaire for years and were quite taken aback by the changes, as it is so different. It does seem strange that Davide is not out front and will take some getting used to but think it is somewhere I will still enjoy going to and that the new guy seems to have some good ideas. So good luck to him and roll on June so I can try it again properly !
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2010, 09:46

A shock indeed! And I'm not too sure if I can get over it! It is SO white!

The rice dishes are definately Davides speciality - he created all the menu himself - and there are more of these than anything else. His home made orange cake is to die for.

Now, Davide is not a chef, but boy, can he cook some interesting dishes.
We did have a couple of complaints though; the actual restaurant was very cold - definately a summer one unless they light the fire, and unfortunately, our food was served on cold plates, which as I had chosen the chicken and banana curry, almost ruined the dish. But I ate it very fast. Hubby had lamb stuffed with apricots which was delicious and a very generous portion, but again got cold very quickly. The amuse bouche is always a lovely touch and becoming very common in good restaurants now.

Davide will pop out for a quick chat - ok, a longish one in some cases and he is more than happy with the changes and the fact that Pepe is running the restaurant next door much more in the old rustic way.
Two totally different restaurants next to each other.
I think Llenaire has a bistro menu for the day time for those popping in off of the beach, but I feel that the Tapas restaurant will take most of that trade now.

The interior needs a bit more colour really, the eye is drawn to the colour of the fire extinguisher - just the same as restaurant 365 at Son Brull!
The table is laid similar to Can Joseps, with the same brand of cuttlery. I would have liked something like a flower or a candle on the table to give interest. Perhaps some subtle art work on a wall, although I appreciate what they are trying to do re the minimilistic look, sometimes it is just plain boring!
I didn't like the tables being a solid block rather than legs, as there is no where to stretch your legs other than around the block (now, that's come out sounding wrong, but you get my meaning!)

They have only been open a couple of weeks, so I'm sure improvements will be made. We will definately carry on supporting Davide and look forward to seeing a couple of improvements.
For us - its roll on September!
Old 09-04-2010, 09:56

As you say Bella minimalistic looks cool but can just be plain cold and boring in the Winter. Perhaps they haven't managed to get to Ikea for the art work yet!!!

Oh and Bella you really shouldn't mention an amuse bouche, Davide and stretching you legs round the block in the same post
Old 12-04-2010, 09:21

Ladie's, Steady on, we're british you know.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:36

Bella,

Chicken and banana curry????!!!!

Maybe it eats a lot better than it sounds!
Old 12-04-2010, 11:34

LOL! It did actually! It was fried banana slices - and there may have been a couple of slices of chirizo in there as well if I remember rightly, perhaps not the best to eat on top of a seafood starter and followed by an orange tart desert on the night before you travel home home though!
Old 12-04-2010, 13:15

is Llenaire next to the Galeon?

Is it the one at the front or the back (if you know what i mean)?

Thanks
Old 12-04-2010, 15:19

Yes, next to Galleon, and its the front one - sparkling white!
Old 13-04-2010, 17:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by danm View Post
is Llenaire next to the Galeon?

Is it the one at the front or the back (if you know what i mean)?

Thanks
Yes at the front. The back one really needs to get its act together now, even its MDd has gone down hill
Old 13-04-2010, 22:11

RAY! I replied to that yesterday!! LOL! The one next door is run by Davide's father in law. Both are separate businesses though and will obviously be competing with each other although completely different markets. A very interesting conflict me thinks!
Old 14-04-2010, 15:56

Is Maite still involved in restaurant Llenaire?

We saw her in 2008 and they had changed the business cards to show that it was her and Davide running it, but we didn't go to PP last year.

Pepe is lovely and I am glad he is still involved, albeit in the restaurant at the back.
Old 14-04-2010, 17:23

I dont think so, but not 100% sure. Basically the owner of the building decided that he wanted his son to run the restaurant now, and have Davide working as chef rather than front of house. I dont about Maite I'm afraid.
Old 15-04-2010, 14:54

Thanks for that. Pepe is the owner and Maite is his wife. They split up a few years ago but got back together and she was front of house with Davide.
Old 16-04-2010, 07:52

Havn´t been myself yet but friends of mine had a meal there last week. Their comments were - The place is cold and completely lacking in atmosphere. The food is good and reasonably priced but beware of the extras. They were shocked at being charges 7 euros for a small bowl of lettuce.
Prearmed is prewarned.
Deanscroft
Old 16-04-2010, 11:27

Oh dear, thats really what has been said in our previous posts unfortunately. I'm hoping that these comments may filter through and be improved upon, it would be a shame to miss out on Davides good food. Perhaps it will come into its own when the sun is shining and the sun streams in whilst we are all kept cool with the ceiling fans.