Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 18:22

Default 8 evening meals in PP.

Sat 24/4/10 - Tango as usual, always on the first night, arrived approx 8.15pm and were fortunate to get a seat in the front window overlooking the bay, what a view. Wife had french onion soup followed by roast suckling pig (she can't decide who does the best rsp, tango or los zars so she has them everytime) I had frito mallorquian (to hell with the cholestoral, i'm on holiday) and fillet steak, everything cooked to perfection. Wine & water with irish coffee & tia maria all for 52euros, excellent value.
Sun 25/4/10 - Maxim, always a decent meal, sometimes feel rushed particularly in july when they obviously want turnover but there were ony 4 tables in so it was nice and relaxed. Wife had prawn & pineapple tower to start followed by salmon & prawn ravioli, i had cream of asparagas soup & pork fillet in mustard sauce. A couple of beers, wine, water, irish coffee & tia maria. 58 euros, great.
Mon 26/4/10 - O Lume, went to the old O Lume last september for the first time despite going to PP for about 20 years, said to Jaime we would return, so we did. Excellent venue and the garden will be brilliant in the summer. Jaime asked where we would like to sit and the wife headed straight for the garden even though Jaime said it may be a little cool, sat at table and after about one minute asked to sit inside as it was decidedly chilly (Jaime knows best). Wife had grilled crayfish to start followed by chicken breast in green pepper sauce, i had smoked salmon in a dill and honey sauce to start followed by barbaqued medallions of iberico pork ( the best pork I have ever tasted) washed down with a couple of small beers, bottle of house white & water. 64 euros.
That is only the second time we have visited i am ashamed to say, this should be on everyones list of restaurants to visit. Table for 4 on sunday 5/9/10 Jaime in the garden please, if it is warm.
Tues 27/4/10 - Can Josep, first visit to this restaurant after seeing good write-ups about it, not disappointed Wife had cream of shrimp and martini soup followed by fillet of pork, I had frito again (must increase my statins) followed by thai style turkey curry, excellent. We had a couple of beers, bottle of wine & water and 2 tia marias. The food was from the menu of the day and was excellent value, total was 49 euros I think. Worth another visit.
Wed 28/4/10 - La Goleta, a restaurant that doesn't get many write-ups on this site but we keep going back to, a little more expensive, but that view with the full moon glistening off the sea right into the restaurant, worth every penny/cent. We started with a sobrasada appetiser, wife had garlic shrimps & chicken in cream sauce with tumbet, I had (sorry doc) frito mallorquian followed by wild boar with tumbet & veg, we both had crepe souzette for dessert. To drink we had a couple of beers, bottle of wine, water, irish coffee & tia maria. Total was 97 euros, our most expensive meal of the week but we thought great food, great setting, great service, therefore worth it.
Thurs 29/4/10 - Latitud, (old Can Costa in Pollensa) It was a strange one this, in a nice way. We used to love Can Costa, the food, the setting etc. We looked at the menu outside and still being april, the menu consisted of 2 starters and 2 main courses although they did had a special starter on aswell, so 3 really. The full menu is due to commence in early may. What we had to eat I have taken from the menu, they gave us a copy as it was near the end of the month (wife asked, she said we would never remember), I have typed it as it is on the menu so what the literal translation is i am not sure, but it was beautiful. Wife had vegatables & prawns wok over their heads and coconut sauce, fresh cilantro and files followed by Pink salmon in iron and completed in Puljab Memoirs Infusion, chimichurri marino and bulgar with spinach and perfumes of the east, don't ask me what it was but wife assures me it was delicious (looked good to from where i was sitting), I had the special starter of black pudding marinated in Glenlivet malt whisky followed by sirlion steak (although I swear it was one of the best fillets I have had) with mashed potatoes, rustic roasted garlic and wild mushrooms. The whole meal and setting was beautiful, can't wait to see what the full menu is like in september. We had a bottle of wine & water, total bill was 65 euros.
Fri 30/4/10 - Centric, another new one for us, have walked passed over the years and thought we must give it a try, but have to say we were a little disappointed, it may have been a bad night for them but don't think we will rush back when there are so many others to choose from. Wife had vegetable soup with cheese croutons followed by roast suckling pig (average at best), I had chorizo & garlic starter followed by chicken breast in a creamy mushroom sauce. We had the usual bottle of wine and water and the bill came to 54 euros. Probably the only disappointing meal of the week, although not bank busting.
Sat 1/5/10 - Los Zarzales, a favourite of ours, although we seem to have quite a few favourites. Wife had the deep fried brie with approx 12 different fruits, we normally count them and certain we have got upto 17 before followed by roast suckling pig, excellent, i am told. I had (i know, i shouldn't, cholestorol and all, i am probably dead as i am typing this) frito mallorquian followed by cod with a sobrasada & honey dressing. We didn't want a dessert, don't usually bother but Yolande gave us some aubergine icecream to try, it was delicious. Usual wine & water all for 68 euros.
Now back home in Blighty thinking of all those lovely meals and wishing our lives away until 4th september when we can do it all again.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2010, 18:23

Sorry, just read it through, didn't realise I went on that long.
Old 09-05-2010, 18:44

Don't worry! It was a great review and very interesting concerning Latitude. I, too, was a huge fan of Ca'n Costa.
Old 09-05-2010, 18:47

What a lovely write up............my mouth was watering as I read it and it was entertaining too.
Thank you for that.
Old 09-05-2010, 19:21

Great review Hamcas, It sounds like you had a great time.
Old 09-05-2010, 21:01

Cool Cholestorol ?

What a fantastic review!
We are hoping to come out on Tuesday. We are fortunate to be coming for 4 weeks this holiday as we are celebrating 2 x big birthday's and big wedding anniversary all in the one year. We have made a note of new places to try and we can't wait.Will just have to swim lots and walk lots to make up for over indulging.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:53
Super Moderator

Hamcas, thanks for sharing that with us it was a good read, glad you enjoyed your holiday .
Old 10-05-2010, 09:51

Excellent review - to the point and accurate descriptions and prices, it didnt drag on at all! O'Lume is definately one that is on the up evidently. As for the daily frito - get that running machine up and running!
Old 10-05-2010, 11:50

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post!
Arriving in Puerto Pollensa this Saturday fingers crossed no volcanic ash problems on the flight front!
Really nice to get detailed descriptions on what the restaurants offer and the price.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:51

Default Eating Out

Thankyou for posting a great review, i love reading about all the different restaurants looking forward to June12
Old 12-05-2010, 09:12

A really great review - and quite a few restaurants we haven't tried - you have really whetted our appetites!
Old 12-05-2010, 12:19

Bet you dont get reviews like that in stockton Hamcas. x
Old 12-05-2010, 12:36

Really enjoyed reading your review Hamcas. Roll on July. Thanks for taking the time to post.
Old 12-05-2010, 13:37

Hamcas great review most the the places are also on my list to visit. For your next visit you must add El Posito you will love it.
Old 12-05-2010, 17:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy2007 View Post
Hamcas great review most the the places are also on my list to visit.
You ain't coming back are you ???

BonysLad