Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 14:14

Default Pizzeria Eolo - Shocking meal

I was in PP over Easter and I had always wanted to try this pizzeria - I wish I hadn't. The restaurant and staff are pleasent enough but I have not had a worse meal in a long, long time. My wife agreed to that the meal was very poor. The garlic bread starter was a luke warm roll, slightly cut but with some sort of white mush spread over the top of it (I can only guess this was meant to be the garlic butter). It was without doubt the worst and most disgusting tasting garlic bread I have ever had. The pizza's that followed were no better. The bases were like ultra thin crepes, the cheese kept coming away from the base everytime you tried to cut and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, someone tells me who uses tinned mushrooms and tinned peppers anymore? An absolute shocker of a meal but I do have to say that the beer was cold and the service very prompt. However, at E42.50 for 4 of us it was about E40 too expensive considering the food.
GO THERE AT YOUR PERIL
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2010, 08:15

What a shame that you had such a rotten experience. I have only eaten there twice but on each occasion I thought the pizzas were really good , far better than my local Pizza Express. I avoided the place until three years ago because there used to be the occasional whiff of drains at that location but that seems to have been rectified

As someone said before on this forum, all restaurants have a bad day eventually. I hope that was true of your disappointing meal.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:14

That's a shame you didnt enjoy your meal, we have been going there at least once more often than not twice every holiday since 1998 and have never had a bad meal although must admit not fans of the garlic bread.
Old 09-04-2010, 23:49

Have to agree with Joanne, what a shame and disappointment for u ! And more so when the owners have been trying so very hard over the last year or so to keep things running when times are hard.
Personally, we eat there maybe once or twice a week.. either daytime snack or evening meal, and have always been well satisfied with service and fayre, but then as Hector quoted, it has to happen, a bad day, eventually.
I hope you told them...cos they cant fix what they dont know is broken ( but then how many times have we all had a bad meal and said nothing ? ! ? )
Anyway, hope u will give them another shot,

Miram

Last edited by med777; 09-04-2010 at 23:52.
Old 29-05-2010, 16:58

I really wish i had checked this forum before went over. I ate there last week and the food was dreadful. We had the garlic bread with the white mush and my girlfriend ordered a lasagne whilst i went for the Spag Bol. The spag Bol was awful....tasted cheap and nasty whilst my girlfriends Lasagne appeared as if it had been quickly popped in the microwave and tasted revolting to boot. The staff were not too great either leaving us for long periods between starter and main course and then after the main to the bill....i mean we were the only customers they had at the time. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!
Old 29-05-2010, 17:02

Just goes to show that they really do not care! I cant find where this place actually is - in order not to stumble into it, can you just give a quick whereabouts please, thanks, and thanks for the report too!
Old 29-05-2010, 17:09

Its the pizzaria just over the road from Gran Cafe with the pretty little red/white check tablecloths. But i must also at that all the other places we ate were great and big recommendation go out for grill llenaires and Bella Roma which was an awesome pizzaria probabbly the best i've ever had. ;0)
Old 29-05-2010, 17:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
Just goes to show that they really do not care! I cant find where this place actually is - in order not to stumble into it, can you just give a quick whereabouts please, thanks, and thanks for the report too!
It is right on the roundabout opposite cafe 1919 a hostal as well as restaurant

Last edited by willywonka; 29-05-2010 at 17:17.
Old 29-05-2010, 17:40

We had a takeaway pizza from here once - you know the situation; got back late from day out, couldn't be bothered with going out and not enough food in apt to feed everyone so decided to supplement what we had with a pizza that 2 people were going to share.

Went to Eolo and ordered pizza, went for a couple of beers, came back and collected pizza, went home.

When we opened the box the pizza was the size of a beer mat

You should have seen the look on their faces when they realised how little they were going to get to eat
Old 30-05-2010, 09:27

Obviously one of the "tourist traps". They must have to pay a premium for being front line and corner position and so cant afford decent ingredients!! Definately one to avoid and glad I haven't been unlucky enough to try it before reading all the posts!
Old 30-05-2010, 23:44

Is the restaurant under the same management as the hotel ?

We stayed in the hotel for a few nights about 5 years ago and although basic was good value and clean and the people were lovelly

Breakfasts were adequate

Never used the pizzaria because why would I eat Pizza there when we have Little Italy but just wondered if under same ownershio as hotel because of such clear lack of quality compared to a hotel that delivers basic good value with a smile
Old 31-05-2010, 00:41

Curious cd - you stayed at the hostal with the Pizzaria under it but you go to Little Italy without trying it?

Turn left and go to Manduca for the best range of pizzas in the port
Old 31-05-2010, 09:51

Just a creature of habit GG

Love Little Italy for the Pizza, the view and the gorgeous guys

Only going to eat 1 pizza during a 3 night stay so Little Italy wins

The walk isn;t a problem ........... would have been going for a walk anyway ...... why ever would I want to be in PP on a balmy evening and not go for a walk along the pinewalk ...... on the evening in question it was just myself and my daughter ( then 11 ) and from memory we walked to the Ila D'Or, met some of her friends who were staying nearby and had a cocktail whilst the children fed the fish and then she and I walked back to Little Italy, had a great meal and then rounded the evening off with an Helados from the hut

Far better than just popping downstairs to eat Pizza whilst sitting on a street corner

Obviously when I am over for longer periods I am open to eating Pizza elsewhere and when I am over with my daughter and some of her friends in July we will certainly go to Manduca as we do like it there

However, back to thread ......... even though staying upstairs I didn't get "drawn" to the restaurant .............. thats why I wondered whether under same ownership
Old 31-05-2010, 10:11

Going back 10 years or so, I always had at least 1 visit to Eolo for lunch. Then a few years ago the food became ordinary for a lot more money and what with the competition and all... well, we haven't been for a couple of years.

But we never had a really nasty meal as described above. I can only imagine that the kitchen staff has changed or thing are that tight that cheap ingredients are being used.

Also, an observation... when the cheese come away from the base as described above, it's usually a frozen pizza.
Old 31-05-2010, 10:33

Smile

Eolos...
We've never had a meal there but we would often call in for a cold beer at about lunch time. It's a great place to sit and people-watch, as it's right by the roundabout. But I don't eat pizzas, anyway, so I can't say anything about them. An even better place to sit and people-watch is 1919, just opposite Eolos.
T