Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-06-2010, 16:29

Default Laguna/Bonanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
I'm still getting over the last one
Any chance of diverting the Power Walk past Laguna/Bonanca Bar before you get settled with the cream tea, and reporting
what the current situation is?

We have watched previous World and European Cup matches in Bonanca - will Laguna have the footy do you think.

Out to PP on Friday. just for a week to put us on till the end of August and the 'proper' hols with the family.
Sponsored Links
Old 13-06-2010, 17:42

Was in P.P. last week and took great interest in the ongoing work at Laguna/Bonanca.
Walked past several times - ongoing works but not too much action, wouldn't think it would be open in a great rush... but you never know in P.P. New bar front in blue glass blocks being constructed in downstairs bar, Swimming Pool being totally refurbished outside (still empty last week), Tennis Courts have been tidied up but no new lines or nets at present. But... have seen it advertised for this season in a couple of brochures/articles. It should be nice when completed.
Old 13-06-2010, 17:52

Just found the advert in 'Holiday Handbook 2010' Your free guide to Puerto Pollenca and Mallorca. Full page advert on page 11 - The place to Eat, Drink, Relax, Swim and Sunbathe - "why go anywhwere else". LAGUNA - Restaurant - Bar - Pool. New for 2010, for all the family.
Carrer Faro, Puerto Pollensa, Tel 697 827711. (behind the I'lla D'Or)
But the advert does NOT give an opening date.
Old 13-06-2010, 21:06

That's one of the most comprehensive answers I've seen on the Forum!!! Thanks very much for taking the trouble.
Old 14-06-2010, 09:15

Smile Laguna - is open

Laguna officially opened Saturday night ready for the football- really good balance between sport/tv/football and a nice place to have a drink or meal
Old 23-06-2010, 22:12

I have just had some positive feedback re Bonanca .... opps sorry Laguna
Old 25-07-2010, 18:12

Laguna has got it just about right ........ in fact the only problem they may have is that they become a victim of their own sucess and become too crowded

We ate there twice and had a drink and used the wifi on a couple of other occasions

Firstly on the night we arrived, myself and my band of 8 girls

We sat by the pool which has been vastly improved from the old Bonanca days. I especially like the padded sun loungers; the lighting around the umbrellas and the lanterns surrounding the pool. The artificial grass shouldn't work but it does ....... looks very nice and inviting.

Menu is same in daytime and evening and in my opinion is just right for the place it is ......... nothing fancy but all cooked well ........ pizzas; chicken burgers that are actually plump chicken breasts with a light breadcrumb coating; lovelly warm duck salad; lasagne; canellone; Pamboli ( one of the best I've tasted ), home made chips etc

Hospitality was good, service friendly; a bit of a problem with them running out of chocolate brownies but when 8 girls all order the same and a similar sized table had just also ordered 7 or 8 chocolate brownies .... I could forgive them

We ate lunch there yesterday before coming home , again nice food ; great service BUT rushed off their feet, every table full, quite a lot of people using the pool ....... Saturdays will always be busy for them as it is an ideal place for people with kids to hang out on a hot Saturday lunchtime whilst waiting for access to an apartment or time to leave for the flight home .. especially as they have showers by the pool and toilet areas large enough and clean enough to change in

All in all a great addition to that end of PP ....... providing it doesn't get too noisy in the evenings but being so close to the Illa D'Or Club I can't see that being allowed.
Old 26-07-2010, 09:47

Great to hear this place as taken off really well....we have always stayed up that end of the port and just missed it opening this year.
We could see a huge amount of work had taken place and would have loved to have seen the end result!!
Glad you enjoyed it as you did Nostalgia! ....another brilliant place!
Old 12-08-2010, 12:07
Founder

We're pleased to announce that you can now find full information about Laguna on the main website including a sample menu & photos - see Laguna - restaurant in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca (Mallorca)
Old 30-08-2010, 14:59

Great to see Laguna open as we always enjoyed a drink or two at the Bonanca Bar.

Talking of which does anyone know what has happened to Rafa and Miguel.
Old 30-08-2010, 15:39
Super Moderator

They are running Batucada.
Old 31-08-2010, 11:50

Just returned from another fabulous couple of weeks in P.P. and must congratulate the new owners on a marvellous job in refurbishing and updating one of our favourite venues.

The pool and sunbathing areas look terrific and the bar is very stylish. Jacko and Jane, the new operators were very friendly, plus the staff were all great fun. Raffa, Miguel and Juan were always going to be a hard act to follow, but these guys are making a really good go of it!

We only ate at lunchtimes, so can't comment on the evening menu, but our lunches were delicious and very good value. The Baroness had a couple of fantastic, huge warm meat salads, which she was talking about for days afterwards - About 7 Euros if I remember correctly.

Very best of luck to Jacko & Jane. Looking forward to next year already!

Well worth a try.
Old 12-01-2011, 14:50

Default Burns Night Calebration or Not ?

When we were out in October Jako told me that he wasn't sure they would be able to stay open ALL Winter but they were going to give it a go The basic problem is that there just arn't the number of people visiting that part of PP in the winter months, though for those of us that do it would be great if it were open.

By chance I was speaking to someone I know from home who is a "friend of a friend of a friend .... you know how it goes " and she told me that she had heard that Laguna were intending to do a Burns Night Celebration ............. I suppose that is feasible what with their scottish connection BUT not if they are closed

So one of you locals .............. is it open or closed and are there any signs of a Burns Night Bash .................. if so it would be useful for people to know as I would imagine it would be a good do.
Old 12-01-2011, 14:58
Super Moderator

CD i spoke to Jako in El Posito a while ago and they did in fact close but i gave him my email address and he said he would let me know when they were going to re-open............have not heard anything yet but as soon as i do i will let you all know.