Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 18:29

Default The new Balaixa? (Meson Crestatx)

My wifes just been organising old video's of the kids,when she found footage from 2003 of a brilliant afternoon we had at the Balaixa. Got us reminiscing about what a wonderful, idylic place this was. The pool, the backdrop,the house, and food to die for. Such a shame its no more. Then i remembered reading a post on here,that Mandy and Arnie were closing their Bistro in CSV (which we also loved) to start a new venture along the same lines as the original Balaixa. Any news/info on this would be truely, gratefully received...Well good news anyway
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2010, 20:52

Don't think they've started up anywhere else, but could be wrong.Couldn't stand those cats all over the chairs etc at dinner(you either love them or hate them!)
Old 04-02-2010, 21:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray View Post
Don't think they've started up anywhere else, but could be wrong.Couldn't stand those cats all over the chairs etc at dinner(you either love them or hate them!)
Sure I read a post on here saying they'd bought somewhere, but it needed a lot of work Will try and find it. Hope It's true and ready for summer.
Wife and daughter love cats. Not that keen myself. But given the location, necessary,and definately preferable to mice or rats.
Old 04-02-2010, 21:53

This post was from last August.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Hi everyone. We spent a wonderful fortnight in PP - got back home a couple of weeks ago. We went to Bistro Mar one evening. Food lovely as usual. Good price and lovely setting. I love CSV. I was chatting to Mandy and she gave me some very bad news. They are closing. They have, however, bought another premises similar to their old one with a pool etc. She asked me for my e-mail address so she could update me properly but we never got the chance to go back and I didn't give it to her. We are back again in October and Mandy said that they would probably be in their new premises by then.

Does anyone know anymore? Is anyone going out there soon who might be able to find out where their new place is? I'm so cross with myself for not going back.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:09

Just found this post from Oct 31st 09
vvvvvvvvvvvvv
Saw Arnie & mandy yesterday, they have now moved to Crestaix opposite
the church on the main road.
They took us on aguided tour and o boy have they got some work to do before they can open. But you know them, they are not workshy.
I suggested they tokk pictures before and after because the ideas for this massive place sound fantastic.can't wait to see the finished product.
If you gave Mandy your e mail address she is going to e mail everyone when they are ready to open. They have a problem at the moment they have been waiting 7 weeks to get the telephone re connected.
Will keep you posted when we next vivist.
regards Cala

Any updates????
Old 05-02-2010, 14:17

Arnie & Mandy popped in for a drink last week, the restaurant is now open but only lunchtimes and they hope to have the pool area ready for the summer
Old 05-02-2010, 14:46

Great news. Cant wait. Where exactly is the new place?
Old 05-02-2010, 20:26

I hope everything will be completed by the time we go in May. The old place sounded lovely, so we'll being hoping to visit this one.
Old 05-02-2010, 21:37

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue1970 View Post
Just found this post from Oct 31st 09
vvvvvvvvvvvvv
Saw Arnie & mandy yesterday, they have now moved to Crestaix opposite
the church on the main road.
They took us on aguided tour and o boy have they got some work to do before they can open. But you know them, they are not workshy.
I suggested they tokk pictures before and after because the ideas for this massive place sound fantastic.can't wait to see the finished product.
If you gave Mandy your e mail address she is going to e mail everyone when they are ready to open. They have a problem at the moment they have been waiting 7 weeks to get the telephone re connected.
Will keep you posted when we next vivist.
regards Cala

Any updates????
Great detective work and persistance Blue, well done.Still don't like cats nor mice nor rats
Old 05-02-2010, 22:03

Blue ,the restaurant is on the main road between Pollenca and the motorway opposite the church at Crestatx.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:09

Nice one, thankyou. Be there in July (the months will fly) Goin right through the menu.......Twice.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:22

Just found the following on trip adviser

Finally, the Mesón Crestatx has re-opened!.

For those of you who don't know, Crestatx is a residencial area located between Sa Pobla and Pollença. The Ermita de Crestatx (small church) is virtually opposite the Meson Crestatx, and so is the drop off for the Pollença bus that goes past Crestatx, S'Obac, Son Toni and Crestatx Nou.

The Mesón Crestatx is a restaurant that has been there for many, many years. It is now being run by a British couple, offering Menú del día (daily local menu) for 8 Euros and Special Menús at the weekends for 12 Euros.

The Menús are excellent value for money, and I am sure that even fussy eaters will find something that suits them.

It is closed on Mondays. It is open at lunchtime everyday (apart from Monday), and all day at the weekend.

Menú del día consists of diferent starters, main courses and desserts to choose from (about 3 of each, I think). The cuisine is international, often featuring well recognized Spanish, Majorcan and Mediterranean dishes.

Their chocolate mousse is fast becomming one of my favourite desserts!. And the "Tumbet" (Majorcan ratatouille) is excellent too.

The Mesón Crestatx is not only handy for all residents of this residential area, but with being so close to Pollença and Sa Pobla (only 5 minutes by car) it is ideal for family gatherings, dining with friends, etc.

There is a swimming pool, garden and children's playground at the Mesón Crestatx. Obviously, being in the middle of December, these are not open. Hopefully, the new management will also re-open the swimming pool for Summer 2010.

The only suggestion that I can give for improvement is that it is rather cold inside the restaurant. If you are thinking of going to eat at the Mesón Crestatx during the Winter months, I would suggest that you wrap up. Or ask to be sat near to the air conditioning / heating unit.

Apart from that, it is fantastic that the Meson Crestatx is open again. I wish the new management all the best for 2010 and I hope that running the Meson Crestatx will be a success
Old 06-02-2010, 10:32

Thanks for finding that cd. Will definately be giving it a go. We always say we will stop and look inside the church as we drive past, but in 25 years never have - so now we can have a reason. One to try at easter I think.
Old 14-03-2010, 22:34
Under Moderation

Default Meson Crestatx

We were in Puerto Pollenca for a week last month - the coldest days we have ever had in Mallorca! - and popped into the Meson Crestatx on our way from the airport and on several other days too. It was great to see Arnie and Mandy back in business and even better to see how popular the Menu of the Day was proving to be with locals and visitors alike - not surprising at only 8 euros on weekdays and 12 on Sundays. At the time they were only opening on Tuesday to Sunday lunchtimes but told us of firm plans to start opening in the evenings soon.

The property has enormous potential but as other contributors have indicated there is a lot to do but we were hugely impressed by the progress that they have made already. The main dining hall is stunning and as the weather warms up I am sure that tables outside will soon be very popular too.

They were hampered at the time of our visit by the absence of a landline telephone or internet facility - the telecom company had installed their line but stopped 10 metres short of the phone terminal! - but I am sure that they will be connected before the season really starts.

By the way, Mar is still in place directing front of house operations with her usual friendly efficiency.

In short, it is going to be a great place and those of us who remember the Balaixa should be smiling at the prospect of its resurrection in a new location!
Old 15-03-2010, 11:22

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue1970 View Post
My wifes just been organising old video's of the kids,when she found footage from 2003 of a brilliant afternoon we had at the Balaixa. Got us reminiscing about what a wonderful, idylic place this was. The pool, the backdrop,the house, and food to die for. Such a shame its no more.
Where was the old Balaixa?