Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 17:54
Super Moderator

Default Lunch in El Ancla

It has been such a lovely day here today, hubby and i walked along the front to El Ancla and sat outside for a drink. We went inside and had the MDD lunch, 2 lentil soups (a meal on it's own) fish, chips and salad for hubby, pork escalope, chips and salad for me, we were too full for dessert, bread and olives, wine and coffees with brandy, the bill was €20 including the pre lunch beer and vino.
Fantastic value and good quality freshly cooked food.
Old 03-02-2010, 18:59

Sounds great, Sparky.Glad you had a good time.Great value. Can't wait to be there in summer!
Old 03-02-2010, 22:25

Its funny how although we are close to El Ancla we have never been in. How would you describe it Sparky? Restaurant? Bar? Cafe? Any time we go towards Llenaire we always end up in the beach bar which is a pity I suppose because Im sure El Ancla and the one on the corner of pollypark street (cant remember its name) might be equally as good.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:49

We've always wanted to try it too - as you say, from outside it looks a bit more like a cafe rather than a restaurant, but I remember someone on this forum with a Spanish husband said it was great, and in fact her husband wouldn't go anywhere else in PP for a paella. The lentil soup sounds good - I do love Mallorcan lentil soup, have tried to make it here but it just isn't the same.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:06
Super Moderator

To be honest Rab it is all three, you have the large terrace, the bar area has seating beside it and in winter a lovely log fire, but if you go further back behind a feature wall made of local stone, the tables are set with fresh flowers, table cloths and in the evenings you get linen napkins. This area is non-smoking.
This is not a fast food joint so if you are in a hurry don't go there, the food is cooked to order and the meat is supplied by the same butcher that El Posito use, who is in my opinion the best one in Pollensa.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
To be honest Rab it is all three, you have the large terrace, the bar area has seating beside it and in winter a lovely log fire, but if you go further back behind a feature wall made of local stone, the tables are set with fresh flowers, table cloths and in the evenings you get linen napkins. This area is non-smoking.
This is not a fast food joint so if you are in a hurry don't go there, the food is cooked to order and the meat is supplied by the same butcher that El Posito use, who is in my opinion the best one in Pollensa.
Thanks Sparky. Would you say it is suitable for kids?
Old 04-02-2010, 12:20

Great for kids as they can play on the terrace however just keep your eye on them (if they are youngsters) as they could run out onto the (sometimes busy) road.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:53
Super Moderator

Rab, it is very child friendly and they would have to go down some steps and across a pavement before they get to the road. I would say it's no more risky than anywhere else, except for the square of course.
Old 04-02-2010, 14:32

mmm wish was sitting there eating grilled prawns yum. We had only been in for drinks from beach until October. Great for the kids, food great. We started going for night cap on way back as not much open on way back in October can't wait to spend more time there in summer hols. 10 x better than beach bar.
Old 04-02-2010, 19:11

We're heading out to PP shortly and this will be on our list of new places to try.
Do you know if they are open every day just now or if not what day they shut?
Thanks
Old 04-02-2010, 19:18
Super Moderator

They always close on Saturday's.
Old 04-02-2010, 20:49

El Ancla has always been great value and is in a superb position. Always ask for the MDD as they don't usually advertise it. If you like jazz, they also have that playing live one day(sorry can't remeber which one!)It's one of those places whose outside impression doesn't do it justice
Old 04-02-2010, 21:38

Default el ancla

Usually on Sundays during the summer season they have live jazz started usually about 2pm. We go as often as we can an its a great way to spend an afternoon. As you say the paella is great. Roll on 26th May. Lets get back there.
Old 05-02-2010, 16:06

Smile

Hi Sparky, You're right, from the road it does look a bit like a cafe and thats what stops a lot of folk from going in. What a pity because they don't know what they are missing. Entrecote steaks as good as any and better than most and my personal favourite, grilled rabbit with garlic and parsley. In the heat of the day what better than a large plate of grlled prawns, serrano ham,a large mixed salad with a bottle of chilled rosado. (for 2). Hang on a minute i must be mad. If i keep on like this i wont be able to get in the place for the crowds !!!!!!! lol

Last edited by pollensafan; 05-02-2010 at 20:05. Reason: grammer
Old 05-02-2010, 21:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensafan View Post
Hi Sparky, You're right, from the road it does look a bit like a cafe and thats what stops a lot of folk from going in. What a pity because they don't know what they are missing. Entrecote steaks as good as any and better than most and my personal favourite, grilled rabbit with garlic and parsley. In the heat of the day what better than a large plate of grlled prawns, serrano ham,a large mixed salad with a bottle of chilled rosado. (for 2). Hang on a minute i must be mad. If i keep on like this i wont be able to get in the place for the crowds !!!!!!! lol
you've certainly sold it to me