Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 14:57

Default mini trip Feb 2010

Have just come back from a very short break but our first in 2010 so thought I would post on where we ate.

First night - in the past we have eaten at Centric in the Winter but it didn't seem to be open. We had a look at the menu at new place (Can Andreu replacement) but it looked pretty empty & the menu wasn't very inspiring. We thought about Hibiscus, often a first nighter in the summer, & it looked promising with a cut-down set menu for about 15 eur,

The weather wasn't too bad so we wandered down the front & had a look at Can Josep. It wasn't busy either but that it doesn't matter there Josep is so friendly. We had the set-menu also 15 eur for 3 exquisite courses including partridge soup, wine, bread & appetizers. Am afraid I've forgoten the rest but it was really good & such value!

Most other days we ate in but we felt we had to try the new Olume. Jaime was as welcoming as ever & the new location is excellent & will be even better in the summer but we were disappointed to fnd he had dropped the set menu. We used to enjoy going for that & often chose something we wouldn't have normally. It was such good value at 18 EUR that we had started going there every trip (we visit quite often). This time the food was as good as ever (but was so was Can Josep) but at 60 EUR for 2 (only 2 courses, 1 desert & house wine), I'm afraid it will only be an occasional visit in future. Jaime said that they had dropped the Menu as people often didn't choose it as the price wasn't much different to the A La Carte but friends I spoke to who live there were also surprised & said they always had the Menu & were unlikely to go if it they weren't doing it. Anyway we will be back especially in the summer but perhaps not as often as before.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2010, 17:11

The O'Lume ad on this site is still advertising the set menu... perhaps he will reinstate it when the season gets going. It was amazing value.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:30

Default O'Lume & set menu

Thanks for the mini trip report.
Haven't been to PP out of season (yet), but would like to go at some stage. Feels probably very different from the summer when you spend quite a bit of time on the beach.

I also hope that O'Lume will reinstate the set menu.

O'Lume is high on our list of restaurants to try out for our visit in September, but for first visits I do prefer to have a set menu.

With different people ordering different things you do get generally a good first impression and this would then entice me to go back and venture on to the a-la-carte menu.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:50

I think latterly the set menu was around 22/23 Euro's and i could order a big starter and t-bone for around that price, which is what i tended to do, so can see Jaimes point! There just didn't seem to be the demand for MDD and they would end up eating it themselves. I know this because i queried the absence of the MDD when i was over, still if enough people ask i suppose we may see it introduced in the summer.