Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-01-2010, 16:12

Default New Drinks Promotion in Bonys

Bonys are planning a new drink promotion for this year. Buy your first drink and get the second and third at half price, pay full price for your fourth and get the fifth at half price.

This is a bit reckless and irresponsible in my opinion given the measures normally dispensed and will encourage drunkeness around the square.

Mainland Spain has already banned "happy hours" in some parts of the Costas because of binge drinking and traditional moderate mediterrean drinking patterns being abandoned in favour of more Nordic patterns. We don't want PP to be ruined by drunks and violence.

Adios

Dave
Sponsored Links
Old 30-01-2010, 16:36

I agree. This is totally irresponsible and if not revoked by the necessary authorities it could indeed cause a copy cat reaction amongst other bars. It could become a serious problem to control and why wait until it does become a problem before they do anything about it?
There is enough "tipsy" behaviour anyway, which is fine, everyone likes to let their hair down but PP could certainly be spoiled by excessive drink offers.
Old 30-01-2010, 18:08
Under Moderation

With the prices Bonys charge this will only bring him on par with most other bars normal prices. Hostal Paris has been selling a pint for 1,50 euros for a year and the morrocan bar behind the square is advertising in talk of the north everything for 2 euros. In the current climate bars are having to do what they deem necessary to survive. I am sure they would all rather be charging top dollar and having full bars.
Old 30-01-2010, 18:55

Bella you try to spoil Debz fun and Bonyslad will also be after you.
I thought PP was an Adult resort where people can control there drinking, let swait and see.
Old 30-01-2010, 19:45
Banned

I personally think that people who visit PP in the main are sensible and probably won't drink to excess and cause problems - I've yet to see any trouble.

Anyway, so what if someone does drink to excess if they keep it to themselves.

I for one love Bony's and the attitude there and look forward to my euro now going a bit further. I also love eating at Stay and other nice restaurants.

Can't wait for the summer !!!

Last edited by Nick; 30-01-2010 at 20:09.
Old 30-01-2010, 20:10
Banned

P.S. - is Jose still due to open up in March does anyone know ?
Old 30-01-2010, 20:34

Dave, since Bony,s is closed, I presume Jose must have told you this. Remember, he always has wee mad spells in the winter, last year he opened 2 extra bars, which were never used and have now been sold on.GPM
Old 30-01-2010, 21:44
Super Moderator

Hi peeps,
Re: Bony's plans, i saw Jose yesterday in the square and he gave me a leaflet which i photographed and have put on the Pollensa Forum Flickr. I don't use the bar, but have a lot of respect for Jose, he is a character and provides a service that many people want.
According to a sign in the window Bony's is opening 27-03-2011 , this is classic Jose advertising but it works for him.
As i have already said i don't drink there, but i wish this wacky, but very clever, kind man, a successful year.
Old 01-02-2010, 14:22

Shall we ban reasonably priced MDD on the grounds that it will encourage obesity, too? What utter rubbish! We are all adults and I think we can all decide how much we want to drink. If you can't then you pay for the consequences and from what I have seen and heard, the authorities in PP deal with this adequately and promptly. Most people have more than 1 drink in a bar anyway, so a 2 for 1 or other arrangement will mean that the spending money will stretch a little farther, which is a very good thing. Snowy is right about PP being an adult resort. It doesn't attract hordes of youngsters like Alcudia or Magaluf, and a few bars competing against eachother will certainly not make much difference. It's a World Cup summer, too, so I think you can expect a bit more touting for trade.

I don't think it has anything to do with happy hour, either. The places I mentioned above have been deliberately designed to cater to a certain type of person. Wall to wall bars and clubs trying to get every cent they can out of them, and then complaining about their behaviour. Very hypocritical. Have been there, done that and bought the (rather tasteless) T-shirt, but have grown up now (well, partly at least), became a parent and now go to PP.

Thanks for the head's up though. There's nothing like a bit of free advertising. Will make sure we check it out in the summer with a nice fried breakfast on the morning after!

Last edited by PaulB; 01-02-2010 at 14:59.
Old 01-02-2010, 14:34

I appear to have been galloping on my high horse again all on my own! LOL! I shall now put it back in the stable and leave it there.
No offence meant to anyone by the way, just like the rest of you I want to keep PP attractive for as long as possible.
Old 01-02-2010, 14:40

And no offence taken, Belladonna. Nothing wrong with a bit of healthy debate!
Old 01-02-2010, 15:20

Thank you.
Old 01-02-2010, 17:27

Personally I have never seen anyone drunk in PP - not unpleasant, aggressive, falling-over drunk anyway. Can't say that of my hometown where Friday and Saturday nights are pretty much no-go areas - but that's because young people in their late teens/early twenties start drinking in the evening and don't stop until 3 or 4AM the following morning. Until a lot more late-night clubs etc open in PP (and hopefully they won't!) it is never going to be a destination which attracts that sort of clientele.
Old 01-02-2010, 17:33
Banned

Well said Paul..................if I were to ever bump into you at Bonys I'll buy you a drink......it will be my free second one !!!
Old 01-02-2010, 18:23

Bella I want to say go and have your o***** but I would get banned LOL
Closed Thread