Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-01-2010, 00:19

Default Eating in the old town

After all these years of going to PP I have to admit that I have never eaten in the old town. Can anyone suggest a nice restaurant or two?
We've had a few day-time snacks and drinks there, but never eaten there in the evening. Also, is it easy to get a taxi back to the port late at night (in July/August) ?
Tony
Sponsored Links
Old 29-01-2010, 07:08

Bar Juma does nice Tapas, use to like Il Giardino but gone off that restaurant a bit.

Getting a taxi back is easy you just go to the taxi rank and if no taxis ring the number on the board they speak some English and they send a taxi along for you not normally more than a 10 minute wait
Old 29-01-2010, 08:36

Only one I can 100% recomend is Can' olesa. Really good food and location(at the bottom of the steps in the main square) Used to love Can costa but its sadly no more and our favourite La font del gal been getting some dodgy reviews lately, so we got a couple of must trys for this year. The new Picolo forno is top of my list and we want to check out El Temple, and prob others that get recommended on this thread.
Were there July/Aug Good 2 wks to be in the town, and the port.
Old 29-01-2010, 10:02

Hi Pollpott, lots of places to try in the old town, best thing as usual is to look in the A-Z and read all the reviews, there are lots for the old town, you will find probably 20 – 30 places to try some have never even had a mention here, lots of gems tucked away up backstreets, sound familiar, The ones mentioned already are certainly excellent, not sure what bad reviews La font del Gall have had, its no secret its my favourite and the food this year there in Il Giardino and Ca n’Olesa continues to be of marvellous quality.
Taxis back as said shouldn’t be a problem but maybe in August it would be worth getting the restaurant to order you one other wise there could be a small wait with a queue possible at peak times, more people want to go back to the port then come out from it to the town.
You will find the town is like the port was 15 years ago.

On island time!!
Old 29-01-2010, 12:29

El Temple is really good and in a beautiful old building. If the new Piccolo Forno is as good as the old it will be very good. Celler es Moli (not sure I've spelt that right) is also a very authentic, traditional Mallorquin restaurant - excellent MDD at lunchtime and a la carte in the evenings. I used to love the Clivia but on a recent visit it was a bit lacking in atmosphere - you got the feeling that the waiters were just desperate to get rid of all the customers and close up for the night... And we too, like Joanne, have recently gone off Il Giardino - though the setting is lovely it's expensive for what it is if you don't have the set lunch menu (which has been pretty much the same, year in, year out, for the last 15 years!)
Old 29-01-2010, 12:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
... lots of gems tucked away up backstreets....
Agreed .... don't normally tend to frequent places run by the Brits but last November we discovered Lu-Lu (opposite rear/side entrance to the church) ~ run by an British couple and their daughter (Lu-Lu!) ~ had an excellent evening sat by the woodburner ~ great food/atmosphere and price.

Normally have a coffee on a Sunday on market day and have become fed up of the slow/sub standard service some places seem to offer so wander of to the bottom of the steps and on the left hand side (looking up) there is a small cafe tucked in the corner run by a Scot - smashing gentleman - if anyone knows the name of the place please post.
Old 29-01-2010, 13:21
Super Moderator

If it's a fairly new place it might be "Manzanas y Peras".
Old 29-01-2010, 13:28

Great name

On island time!!
Old 29-01-2010, 13:47
Super Moderator

Yes it is isn't it, and very clever of the owners to come up with a great play on words.
Old 29-01-2010, 14:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Properties View Post
don't normally tend to frequent places run by the Brits but last November we discovered Lu-Lu (opposite rear/side entrance to the church) ~ run by an British couple and their daughter (Lu-Lu!) ~ had an excellent evening sat by the woodburner ~ great food/atmosphere and price.
I agree

Lu Lu's is one of our Favourite places in Pollensa old town.

Excellent food and service.

I could eat everything on the menu ( not all on the same night though )

Lucy is very 'Jolly' and friendly which makes for a good evening as this makes you feel very welcome.

Also as far as I know this is the only NON smoking restaurant in Pollensa.

They have a website here:
Home
Lu lu's Wine Bar and Bistro

A small and cosy restaurant but that's how I like them

Only been there in February or October, will be busy in August !

To find it, stand in the square looking towards the Church, between the church and Cafe Espanol there is a very narrow alleyway 'Calle Temple' , Lu Lu's in on the right hand side. You cant miss it.

Mark.
Old 29-01-2010, 17:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Properties View Post
Agreed .... don't normally tend to frequent places run by the Brits but last November we discovered Lu-Lu (opposite rear/side entrance to the church) ~ run by an British couple and their daughter (Lu-Lu!) ~ had an excellent evening sat by the woodburner ~ great food/atmosphere and price.

Normally have a coffee on a Sunday on market day and have become fed up of the slow/sub standard service some places seem to offer so wander of to the bottom of the steps and on the left hand side (looking up) there is a small cafe tucked in the corner run by a Scot - smashing gentleman - if anyone knows the name of the place please post.
It's called L'ombra (means the shade) and yes it's nice for a coffee9
Old 29-01-2010, 17:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollpott View Post
After all these years of going to PP I have to admit that I have never eaten in the old town. Can anyone suggest a nice restaurant or two?
We've had a few day-time snacks and drinks there, but never eaten there in the evening. Also, is it easy to get a taxi back to the port late at night (in July/August) ?
Tony
St malo, La Fonda, Eu Centro ,Ocho ,El temple (but its closing), Eu Moli ,cantonet None of these should disappoint
Old 29-01-2010, 18:13

El Temple - when you say it's closing, do you mean for a few weeks until they re-open, or for good?
Old 29-01-2010, 18:15

Clivia, always a great meal!

PP76
Old 29-01-2010, 21:35

When we are back in PP this summer we'll be making return visits to Il Giardino and Lulu's. I always judge a place on whether I would return.

I've just had a quick look at Lulu's menu on their website and the prices are very reasonable. Probably not much different to what will now be three years ago, by the time we go. Il Giardino also has a website, that is easily found by a google search. It's lovely to sit out overlooking the square day or evening. I also used to love the ice cream parlour on the square, to make a change from having desert in a restaurant.