Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   C'an Andreu (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/5543-can-andreu.html)

Pam and Dave 18-01-2010 19:35

C'an Andreu

Does anyone know if the family who ran C'an Andreu in the corner of the square have started up anywhere else ?
It had become one of our favoutite places to spend a leisurely lunchtime.
The fish soup was to die for and the staff were wonderful.

Pam and Dave

ray 18-01-2010 20:19

Agree with your comments, but they are definitely not starting up anywhere in the foreseeable future:(

Pam and Dave 18-01-2010 20:25

What a disappointment.Thanks for letting me know though

Lorenzo 20-01-2010 00:48

Ca'n Andreu

Hi,
Have just come back from a few days in PP. I went out mainly for the San Antoni Festival and it didn't disappoint! Great fun! It was also really good to meet up with Sparky, Miriam and her parents at the Bar Cultural and also Smiddy & Mrs Smiddy in Rustic Cafe later on.
Anyway, the good news is that C'aNandreu is now open again as C'an Torrens. I went there with friends on Sunday afternoon - very late and we caught the end of the MDD there. All I can say is that the service was very friendly and the food was fantastic. They were apologetic that they didn't have all the choices left but what they did serve us was very good indeed! :)

Belladonna 20-01-2010 10:06

Keep us updated!

Can I take this post to remind everyone that we do like to keep the A-Z of restaurants guide up to date, and would greatly appreciate that if you find a restaurant that has moved premises or changed names, if you could take the time to check if it has been updated, and if not, could you do a post with a heading of New Directions. We can then amend the guide to enable it to be printed off if required.
We definately need everyones help on this as we all visit different restaurants and know limited directions.

Thank you!

pollensa 20-01-2010 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorenzo (Post 38581)
Anyway, the good news is that C'aNandreu is now open again as C'an Torrens. I went there with friends on Sunday afternoon - very late and we caught the end of the MDD there. All I can say is that the service was very friendly and the food was fantastic. They were apologetic that they didn't have all the choices left but what they did serve us was very good indeed! :)

Is the new name for the restaurant on the corner of the square as I thought someone had said it was now called Es Canto run by the chef from Centric or have the Can Andreu people moved? :confused:

lollipop 20-01-2010 16:45

Both Sparky and I thought it was to be called Es Canto,it is the ex Ca'n Andreu and now has the chef from Centric running it. Apparently this is why Centric is not open yet. Will try and check out the name tomorrow.

Sparky 20-01-2010 17:37

I have just walked past and can confirm the name on the menus is C'an Torrens. Spoke to a friend who lives here and he ate there last night and said it was very good. :D

lollipop 21-01-2010 19:51

Yes I agree Sparky, and the opening times label says Ca'n Torrens. Currently they are closed on Thursdays.