Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Jokers or Mollies for breakfast (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/5532-jokers-mollies-breakfast.html)

jjacks 16-01-2010 20:41

Jokers or Mollies for breakfast

Have just booked an apartment above the IRU for July with friends. Discussion then started about favourite restaurants and of all things, the best place for breakfast. We prefer Joker's - sitting overlooking the sea eating breakfast is the best way to start the day. The couple we are going with prefer Mollies. I would love to know other peoples favourites.

JJ

BonysLad 16-01-2010 21:13

JJ ,

I'm sure Mollies is excellent but you are on holiday and nothing, but nothing will beat sitting overlooking the sea on a lovely July morning having breakfast.
Bet you can't do that at home ??

No brainer , IMO

BonysLad :):):)

jjacks 16-01-2010 21:22

My thoughts exactly. Mollies may be nice but eating breakfast looking at a wall just doesn't appeal somehow.

JJ

its cd 16-01-2010 22:00

I['ve eaten breakfast at Joker but never at Mollies so can;t comment on food quality first hand but am with the rest of you with regards to the view ,... Joker wins every time

ALSO .... I have a real soft spot for the Joker Bar ..... its like an old friend , part of PP for me

PS: Daughter has eatn at Mollies, says the food is really good but experience can;t beat Joker so she always chooses Joker for above reasons

BonysLad 17-01-2010 14:15

JJ,

Another good option is Ca'n Josep . He was doing breakfasts last year and again pleasant front line spot .

BonysLad :)

jjacks 17-01-2010 15:05

Hi Bonyslad
I haven't tried Can Josep's, but I have just thought of another place - Capri ( the hotel that is and not the place).

JJ

liz d 17-01-2010 15:33

I love the Joker, the view is fantastic!!:)

I also love cafe illa for a morning coffee and ensaimeda breakfast. i like to sit just inside looking out. It is quite trendy inside, i like it.

snowy2007 17-01-2010 18:03

I go along with Bonyslad we have our final breakfast in Ca'n Josep superb overlooking sea and what a super guy he needs Your Our support so come on great breakfast at Ca'n Josep.

PaulB 18-01-2010 09:31

Had breakfast at Joker's for the first time last May. First time in PP, so can't really compare it with anything else there. Great full English in georgeous hot sunshine looking out to beautiful blue sea. What could be finer? Hopefully, back again in June for two weeks, so I can see a good few more breakfasts here.

I think it was only 5 Euro each for breakfast, toast and coffee / tea. Bargain.

Chemical Dave 18-01-2010 10:00

Paul

I usually try to avoid places which do "full English" and "go native", do you know if they offer ensaïmadas.

Adios

Dave

PaulB 18-01-2010 10:53

Dave,

Sorry, I don't know what ensaimadas are, or if they do them. However, I know what eggs, bacon and toast are and sometimes nothing else will do, and if you fancy them this is a great place to get them.

BonysLad 18-01-2010 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemical Dave (Post 38430)
Paul

I usually try to avoid places which do "full English" and "go native", do you know if they offer ensaïmadas.

Adios

Dave

With respect Dave . Don't be too condescending cos most " Native" restaurants know offer " Full English Breakfasts " to survive in this current economic climate !!!

BonysLad :)

Sparky 18-01-2010 12:56

Yes even some of the Chinese establishments are doing the "Full English" :eek:;)

PaulB 18-01-2010 13:18

Of course I actually do know what ensaimadas are. Just pandering to Dave's idea of what I am like for wanting the occasional fry up on holiday.

During my last trip ate loads of authentic Mallorcan dishes: Snails, tumbet, frito, every type of tapas, etc. All were lovely if you put enough brown sauce on them!

JH02JLH 18-01-2010 13:26

I've never been to Joker's for breakfast, but I have been to Mollie's and what it lacks view-wise it makes up for with friendly service and very good food!:)