Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-01-2010, 12:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonysLad View Post
Dave,

Couldn't agree more , mate !!!!

Watneys Red Barrel ?? Now that ages you !!!! How did we ever manage to drink that stuff back in the 60's ???

Must 'ave been the drugs !!!!!

BonysLad
Sorry BL, not as old as you think. The only drink to pass my lips in the 60's and most of the 70's was the white stuff!!. The only reason I know about Watneys red barrel is from a famous Monty Python Travel agent sketch about foreign holidays and fish & chips washed down with the apocrphyal Watneys!

Adios

Dave
Sponsored Links
Old 19-01-2010, 12:43

Paul

Baked beans are not the road to anarchy on this forum just dont mention "a regional American cuisine that blends food products available in the United States and the culinary creations of Mexican-Americans influenced by the cuisines of Mexico"!!

Adios

Dave
Old 19-01-2010, 12:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical Dave View Post
Paul

Baked beans are not the road to anarchy on this forum just dont mention "a regional American cuisine that blends food products available in the United States and the culinary creations of Mexican-Americans influenced by the cuisines of Mexico"!!

Adios

Dave
What, you mean T** M**? No, I have some standards!

Last edited by PaulB; 19-01-2010 at 13:01.
Old 19-01-2010, 13:11
Super Moderator

Please guys, we have had this debate soooo many times.
Old 19-01-2010, 18:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray View Post
what about Simbad, good view etc, but lets face it you wont get proper sausages and bacon at any of them and the prices all seem a bit on the high side to me
Simbads isnt the best brekkie in town by a long shot but what a glorius setting to sit with your fry-up and copy of the Daily Record.
Old 19-01-2010, 20:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab View Post
Simbads isnt the best brekkie in town by a long shot but what a glorius setting to sit with your fry-up and copy of the Daily Record.
didnt say it was, just a good position and as average as the rest of the so called full english in the area. what about Fletchers for a full Scottish?
Old 19-01-2010, 20:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH02JLH View Post
It was La Maina then. Right on the corner? A good breakfast with friendly service and another lovely view!
I think you actually mean the restaurant Llenaire?'
Old 19-01-2010, 20:52
Super Moderator

Ray, there is not a beach bar opposite the LLenaire restaurant.
Old 20-01-2010, 20:31

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Ray, there is not a beach bar opposite the LLenaire restaurant.
Don't remember saying there was, but have lost the thread of this thread anyway, or maybe Ive just lost the plot
Old 20-01-2010, 20:47

Don't woory Ray - without a panoramic mind it is easy to loose the plot
Old 20-01-2010, 22:35

For a real breakfast treat, albeit an expensive one, you cannot beat a full buffet breakfast at the Ill a Dor on the sea front terrace. Fantastic, peaceful location right at the waters edge with friendly staff. Perfect. Wish I was there!
Old 20-01-2010, 23:31

Default Mollys

Well I started Mollys cafe from a t-shirt shop and later sold it on. Although I did Bacon and eggs, I am half Lithuanian, so to me it was never meant to be such a british cafe, i was aiming at the European market with roast meats, salads, quiches, homemade vegetarian foods etc. My customers were multi cultural and many were Spanish waiters who stopped off for a quick bit before their shift. I ran it for 3 years and enjoyed the experience. good luck to the new owners.
Old 20-01-2010, 23:35

Went for a long walk one morning last summer from near the Illa D'Or to the Llenaire Jetty, sat at end of jetty and ate a pack full of strawberries and melon I'd taken with me ....... wandered back , calling at Bar Cultural for a quick expresso ( obviously the only way its quick is if you go and stand up at the bar and drink it ) .................. carried on towards pine walk picking up a croisant on the way and ate it as I headed back towards Illa Dor .... got there just as outside bar opened ( 10am) and had my leisurely morning Cafe Con Leche ................. wandering back to my lazy lot as they were surfacing around 10.30 .................... absolutely wonderful breakfast and cracking start to the day

Not a massive fan of the full english myself but rest of family always manage 1 during our stay, always at the Joker and usually on a Wednesday when they have had enough of the Market
Old 21-01-2010, 21:09

Must admit that for the last few years, after villa chucking out time, we've ended up breakfasting at Tolo's on the way to the airport, and pretty good value it is too, with proper squeezed orange juice and a good old english breakfast.

Will we be tempted by snails and ketchup this year?......Mmm
Old 21-01-2010, 21:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey mullet View Post
For a real breakfast treat, albeit an expensive one, you cannot beat a full buffet breakfast at the Ill a Dor on the sea front terrace. Fantastic, peaceful location right at the waters edge with friendly staff. Perfect. Wish I was there!
Sounds right up my calle Can you remember what time this is served up and what the damage was please??